Mags at the ready

Each AR gets one of those and I try and keep them full.

The only right answer about how many mags to have loaded is "all of them".

If any of us are in a situation where all of our loaded mags end up getting used. Then we have bigger problems which would not be solved with just one more mag.

I'm more worried about water in summer and heat in winter. I have a "place to go" picked out, but not sure all in family can get there with GPS.

We have a hadfull of FRSs and a few Ham radios, but not a great shelter pack.

Bug out bag has Israeli bandage, fire starter kits, mini fak, a bunch of $20s, some iodine tablets and a whistle plus knife. Flashlight and sling on every rifle.

Each AR gets one of those and I try and keep them full.

The only right answer about how many mags to have loaded is "all of them".

If any of us are in a situation where all of our loaded mags end up getting used. Then we have bigger problems which would not be solved with just one more mag.

I'm more worried about water in summer and heat in winter. I have a "place to go" picked out, but not sure all in family can get there with GPS.

We have a hadfull of FRSs and a few Ham radios, but not a great shelter pack.

Bug out bag has Israeli bandage, fire starter kits, mini fak, a bunch of $20s, some iodine tablets and a whistle plus knife. Flashlight and sling on every rifle.
A guy I follow on YouTube likes to say regarding extra mags "if you use more than one mag, you'll be famous "

The only issue I have with pistol mags is I keep them loaded with hollow points for carry. I am not shooting those at the range. So I have 6 for each semi auto. Three with carry ammo - three with target ammo.
AR's are different and I have a few rifles. I figure in the event of an emergency, I want to be able to hand out rifles with a few hundred rounds, but I realize this is ridiculous. Unless you know, Aliens. I also throw a couple of pairs of foam ear plugs in the little compartment in the stock because hearing loss is a thing.
I figure if Martians invade or social unrest breaks out, three people with 300 rounds and a can of 420 on stripper clips is probably enough. If you need more than that you are just going to have to mosey on back to the ammo locker.

https://www.amazon.com/NcSTAR-CMW2937B-Magazine-Wallet-Pistol/dp/B007OZH3M2/
31eGc9zXK%2BL.jpg

This is what I use. Holds eight 30rd mags (either AR or AK works). I have 3-4 of them, so at least 25 mags. Costs $10 shipped.

>>Grab and go where?<<

That's always been my question. Like, where the hell would I go??

No shit, people spend more time pondering their "bugout" than they do on how to secure their own AO.

I cannot think of a worse position or place to be during any type of shtf situation than on the road, aimlessly.

I do have contingencies but unless there is a toxic gas or radiation cloud coming straight for me, I'll be staying right here.

Back
Top Bottom