Maine - 9-year-old shot in the head with a .177 pellet by his uncle

StevieP

NES Member
who then fought with police.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news...ops-9-year-old-shot-in-head-by-uncle-20110520

NAPLES, Maine (FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) - A 9-year-old Maine boy is fighting for his life after his uncle shot him in the head with a pellet gun, according to police.

Investigators from the Cumberland County Sheriff's office say the pellet entered the victim's head and lodged in the front of his brain.
======

I just want to know - Was the "squirrel" on the boy's head, Annie Oakley style?

"Hey there little Johnny - hold still & put this on your head for a minute. I wanna try something..."

I also wanna know, was the pellet gun pink?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's an accident all right, thats why the guy got into a fight with the cops when they showed up... [thinking]

-Mike

What a D bag! My cousin shot me with one in the back of the thigh, couldn't walk on it for 3 days. Went all the way to the bone and is still there today. Hope the kid pulls threw!

In before the separate Uncle thread. I was an uncle when I was 5. I made the kindergarten teacher call me "Uncle Steelshooter", she called my parents because she thought I was lying. lol

I hope the kid is ok.

My brother shot me in the face with a bb gun rifle. Right above the left side of my lip. It went through and I spit the bb out. The look on his face was priceless. It was when we were younger... and we lived in Maine. We have both since learned gun safety[wink]

My mother in law was only eight years older than me.

I met her back in 1974, because her brother and I served in Vietnam together.

We had a short affair.....but I ended it when I found out she was married and had five kids.

Two years later, I met her #2 daughter (Step daughter) and moved in with her.

The step daughter ended up being my wife...and we were married for 24 years and raised four kids.

Needless to say, my mother in law hated me...still does![smile]

Every time I think about my mother in law, I remember the Simon and Garfunkel song......."Here's to you Mrs. Robinson"[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

My mother in law was only eight years older than me.

I met her back in 1974, because her brother and I served in Vietnam together.

We had a short affair.....but I ended it when I found out she was married and had five kids.

Two years later, I met her #2 daughter (Step daughter) and moved in with her.

The step daughter ended up being my wife...and we were married for 24 years and raised four kids.

Needless to say, my mother in law hated me...still does![smile]

Every time I think about my mother in law, I remember the Simon and Garfunkel song......."Here's to you Mrs. Robinson"[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

LOL!

That could have been a country song!

People don't understand the potential lethality of pellet guns. Here's a .177 air rifle used to take a 250 pound wild hog with one shot:

There are other videos out there from other people doing the same thing. Gamo USA has several hog-killing videos on their website.

Shot placement is critical, of course. And the opening footage there reminds me (since I grew up in the Razorback state), why you do not go into hog territory without a big gun. I know he wanted the dogs to hem up the hog for a pellet kill, but I'd have been up a tree killing the hog with my sidearm before it ever got that far.

One hog is rare; normally when you see one hog, there are 20-40 more right behind it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom