Making an AR-10 Lower from Melted Brass Casings

Talented for sure!

Great video too. Awful lot of work for one receiver though.

My son watched it and told me I can't have a Bridgeport. He has seen some of the stuff I have bodged together with a set of verniers, a drill press, square and file. Much like the reason I can't have a GhostGunner - it's in a G-code, that I can write (learned it by hand decades ago) - I would modify the milling & drilling.

My son watched it and told me I can't have a Bridgeport. He has seen some of the stuff I have bodged together with a set of verniers, a drill press, square and file. Much like the reason I can't have a GhostGunner - it's in a G-code, that I can write (learned it by hand decades ago) - I would modify the milling & drilling.
Hmm, we must talk further on some ideas on modified G-code and it's applications for "artwork"

If you want an easier job...

Ghost Gunner

It truly is a much easier way, or so a friend told me.

It's three axis milling, you just need to visualize the X,Y,Z axis and the zero point in relation to the part being milled, you can then determine where you may want to extend milling. In most cases (from the examples of the code I have seen for the GhostGunner) its as simple as adding something to the end point of one axis.

Lets say you have a cut starting at zero and extending 1" at 45 degrees and is 0.1" deep.

X0Y0Z001
X01Y01Z001

You now want to extend the cut to 2"
substitute last line with
X02Y02Z001

Or you want to add 1" at 0 degrees to the end point
add a third line of code
X02Y01Z001

Don't forget the compensation for the size of the cutter, typically it will offset the cutting side but not the end point, so for a 0.0935" cutter (that I used to use) the line of code would be:
X01953Y01Z001

Just for information you understand [wink]

Back
Top Bottom