"Making Bullets"... photo essay from Time Magazine

I actually liked that photo essay.

1. They got the terminology right for the most part.
2. No overbearing "bullets are evil" text.
3. Great shot the 5.56 with the woman's hands (nail polish) in the background. Great juxtaposition and nice to see a neutral photo.

Do all the manufacturers load powder by hand??? No wonder they're having a hard time keeping up with demand...

Anyone else notice some caption errors? They show someone micing a cartridge and it says it's a .40 in the caption, but it's really a 9mm. [laugh]

-Mike

Better set out some cheese for the micing critters.

Just don't but THAT box of ammo, because it's certainly going to get mis-marked.

Anyone else notice some caption errors? They show someone micing a cartridge and it says it's a .40 in the caption, but it's really a 9mm. [laugh]

-Mike

Very cool! Thanks for posting Rich!

I wonder what manufacturer that was? I would think they are perhaps a reloader, as oppossed to a newly minter. I can't imagine any large scale cartridge maker loading by hand.

One of the pics in there did show a camdex machine, so someone certainly coughed up some change, or has a high volume caliber to justify the expense. [laugh]

-Mike

that website could use some help.

No kidding! They went and found a template (and an old one at that) and then got someone to post it on the web...which would have been ok, if only they had finished replacing the sample text with some of their own topical text.

I like the caption next to the generic "Business picture" in this case, a bunch of pencil tops, and it says:

"This is where you could add a description of your product or anything you wanted to list with a description. You could also place testimonials or product reviews here.

No kidding! They went and found a template (and an old one at that) and then got someone to post it on the web...which would have been ok, if only they had finished replacing the sample text with some of their own topical text.

I like the caption next to the generic "Business picture" in this case, a bunch of pencil tops, and it says:

"This is where you could add a description of your product or anything you wanted to list with a description. You could also place testimonials or product reviews here.

I know, at least remove the useless pages. They could pay a guy like me a little to fix all that, but I guess some don't want to spend anything on it or just don't feel it has enough value to warrant the attention.

RELOADING

I was looking for a factory set of pictures.then you would have a real idea of production.I have a chrysler book on their EVANS ammo factory in WW2.miles of conveyers and thousands of people.they used every one with in 50 miles.

I'm surprised they're not wearing some kind of gloves while handling the cartridges. I know my hands get lots of residue after handling cartridges, and I'd figure the employer would be concerned about lead on their employees hands.

I'm surprised they're not wearing some kind of gloves while handling the cartridges. I know my hands get lots of residue after handling cartridges, and I'd figure the employer would be concerned about lead on their employees hands.

Long as you don't eat while reloading IMHO it's not a big issue. (wash hands thoroughly with soap and cold water after every session. ) The biggest lead hazard from reloading is the dust in your brass tumbler. That crap gets airborne and you inhale it, you can take in a serious dose of lead.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom