Mall shooting in NJ?

It's not a law, it's an insurance thing. Apparently paying someone minimum to pump gas lowers the premiums enough to make it worthwhile.

I thought it was like oregon where it is illegal to pump your own. Some silly thing with professional attendants only handling hazardous fuels or something

Sent from my treestand

Twitter is blowing up with "gun control" this. "Gun control" that

Shocked face game stronk ATM

p97v7_zps31d9d79a.jpg

i just came back from new jersey today. I even drove past that mall. Sad to see this happen but as explained to the locals restricting our rights will not prevent this

I'm getting sick of this shit. Aren't gun laws like uber retarded in NJ? Like, more so than MA and CT?.. How is this possible? Need more laws on the books.

It is practically impossible to get a carry permit i NJ or so I hear. Which I think is required to posses a handgun.

It's not a law, it's an insurance thing. Apparently paying someone minimum to pump gas lowers the premiums enough to make it worthwhile.

Oregon is like that too - for all the freedom here (after living in MA for over 30 years, I swear I smell bald eagle shit every time I open my front door) you generally can't pump your own gas.

After the first winter of way too much rain, I got over it and realized, in a self-serving way, it works out. After two years here, first time I crossed into WA, I sat in my car at the pump for a few minutes before I remembered I had to get my ass out and pump it myself.

Kind of takes all the manihood out of jamming a soda can in the pump handle and filling up while smoking a butt with the engine running.

The perp was a guy who bought a Nerf gun at Walmart and walked into the mall with it, in the bag!

- - - Updated - - -

They locked down New Jersey!

Actually it is a law. One that has been on the books (and ruthlessly enforced) since 1949.

http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/lsse/employee/Retail_Gasoline.html

The Retail Gasoline Dispensing Safety Act (N.J.S.A. 34:3A-4 et seq.) and Regulations (N.J.A.C. 12:196) mandates that no person dispense fuel at a gasoline station, unless that person is an attendant who has received fuel dispensing instructions. The Retail Gasoline Dispensing Safety Act also ensures compliance with appropriate safety procedures, the prohibition of the self service of gasoline and other inflammable liquids, and the installation of safety signs and equipment to enhance safety at retail gasoline stations

[rofl][rofl][rofl]

New Jersey - Protecting the hapless and incompetent NJer's since 1949. Talk about a statist paradise. For your safety, we cannot allow you to pump gas like the people of the other 49 states do. They are reckless, we (NJ) care about you. [laugh]

Sad that society has gotten so sick that this is now a monthly occurrence. Hard to see new Federal legislation not getting pushed through if this keeps up. The liberal media will milk these tragedies for every ounce until they get their way.

I thought it was like oregon where it is illegal to pump your own. Some silly thing with professional attendants only handling hazardous fuels or something

Sent from my treestand

Except diesel. They make you pump your own diesel. I don't know why they won't pump diesel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

To everyone on this board...I respect and admire you all, but I really REALLY REALLY don't want to have to say this in a few months, but it will be:

I FREAKING TOLD YOU SO!

Gun owners are our own worst enemy when we say "that'll never pass", guess what, IT CAN AND IT WILL (and it has)...there is an AWB coming, permanently, to a government near you if these events keep happening...especially with the inevitable Democratic congress in 2014.

Mini, poorly punctuated rant over.

To everyone on this board...I respect and admire you all, but I really REALLY REALLY don't want to have to say this in a few months, but it will be:

I FREAKING TOLD YOU SO!

Gun owners are our own worst enemy when we say "that'll never pass", guess what, IT CAN AND IT WILL (and it has)...there is an AWB coming, permanently, to a government near you if these events keep happening...especially with the inevitable Democratic congress in 2014.

Mini, poorly punctuated rant over.

I bet you will feel awesome when you get to say you were right and the internet was wrong.

My bet is this was a CoD geek playing dress up. Last I saw the news was reporting a dude in full body gear and a helmet, but no one was injured. Sounds like a false alarm.

#snookistrong

CNN is talking to a guy from inside the mall who knows the difference between semi and full auto. Good for them.

I bet you will feel awesome when you get to say you were right and the internet was wrong.

My bet is this was a CoD geek playing dress up. Last I saw the news was reporting a dude in full body gear and a helmet, but no one was injured. Sounds like a false alarm.

#snookistrong

Someone called in a juggernaut.

#snookistrong

Not body armor, motorcycle clothing:
“He is a tall guy. He was wearing a black leather jacket, black biker helmet, and he had a big shot gun,” Heggs told The News.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/cops-converge-westfield-garden-plaza-reports-article-1.1506720

NEGLIGENT DISCHARGE IN NJ MALL

Still listening to the scanner, a call just came over like this:

"If you have reports of shots fired, don't be alarmed. It was a friendly"

Pause

"An officer's shotgun round went off. Nobody harmed"

Back
Top Bottom