Man beats up girlfriend and runs from police, then dad comes over. Happy ending

Shark_Cage

NES Member
Couldnt have wentvdown any better. Makes me shake my head how backward Mass is. Here dad would be locked up boyfriend would be released same dsy.
Not if he a was dead he wouldn't be released to cause more harm.

Most fathers would do life to protect their kid and not think twice about it.

Again, Florida or most other states the father is a hero and this is a clear cut case of self protection.....only in MA and a few other states would they villanize him. But again, MA is stupid.

Not if he a was dead he wouldn't be released to cause more harm.

Most fathers would do life to protect their kid and not think twice about it.

Again, Florida or most other states the father is a hero and this is a clear cut case of self protection.....only in MA and a few other states would they villanize him. But again, MA is stupid.
There is still the castle doctrine, so this would be one of the few "good shoots" in MA.

They still might run you through the MA washing machine, but you are going to come out clean.

Never count on that once a case like this gets before a jury.
If someone breaks into your home and tries to attack you, and you stop the threat I doubt very much it would get to a jury, even in MA.

I know MA has F*^k upped gun laws. But if a gun owner is so scared of the MA gun laws that he is afraid to defend himself under the castle doctrine, then maybe it is time to give up the guns.

Florida has "Stand your ground" and it is an affirmative defense that IIRC the State has to disprove....

I doubt there is going to be a lot of effort put into this one, I say Dad is not facing any charges.

If this happened in MA, NJ, NY, CA, etc etc etc he would be FUBAR'd right now.

and as I said above, dead men tell no tales

Florida has "Stand your ground" and it is an affirmative defense that IIRC the State has to disprove....

I doubt there is going to be a lot of effort put into this one, I say Dad is not facing any charges.

Well yeah especially given that it was inside a house and didn't involve some kid with Skittles and iced tea..... 🤣

Look up the law, especially the part about "affirmative defense" and get back to us.

If someone breaks into your home and tries to attack you, and you stop the threat I doubt very much it would get to a jury, even in MA.

I know MA has F*^k upped gun laws. But if a gun owner is so scared of the MA gun laws that he is afraid to defend himself under the castle doctrine, then maybe it is time to give up the guns.

Look up the law, especially the part about "affirmative defense" and get back to us.
LOL, that makes my point..... Stop the pant shitting
dude-did-you-just-shit-your-pants-kyle-broflovski.gif

The party raising the affirmative defense has the burden of proof on establishing that it applies.
Another issue with any affirmative defense is that you admit to the underlying act so if you fail to meet the burden of proof, you just admitted you are guilty of the charge.

You need to listen to Andrew Branca's law of self defense since your understanding of the laws concerning defense of others within a home are very wrong

Florida Law After the Enactment of the "Stand Your Ground" Law

The "Stand Your Ground" Law introduced two (2) conclusive presumptions that favor a criminal defendant who is making a self-defense claim:

1. The presumption that the defendant had a reasonable fear that deadly force was necessary; and
  2. The presumption that the intruder intended to commit an unlawful act involving force or violence.
These two presumptions protect the defender from both civil and criminal prosecution for unlawful use of deadly or non-deadly force in self-defense. In addition, the defender/gun owner has no duty to retreat, regardless of where he is attacked, so long as he is in a place where he is lawfully entitled to be when the danger occurs.

Florida's "Stand Your Ground" Law now provides immunity from prosecution, as opposed to an affirmative defense that you would need to assert in Trial (after being arrested and charged by the State of Florida).

Florida Law After the Enactment of the "Stand Your Ground" Law

The "Stand Your Ground" Law introduced two (2) conclusive presumptions that favor a criminal defendant who is making a self-defense claim:

1. The presumption that the defendant had a reasonable fear that deadly force was necessary; and
  2. The presumption that the intruder intended to commit an unlawful act involving force or violence.
These two presumptions protect the defender from both civil and criminal prosecution for unlawful use of deadly or non-deadly force in self-defense. In addition, the defender/gun owner has no duty to retreat, regardless of where he is attacked, so long as he is in a place where he is lawfully entitled to be when the danger occurs.

Florida's "Stand Your Ground" Law now provides immunity from prosecution, as opposed to an affirmative defense that you would need to assert in Trial (after being arrested and charged by the State of Florida).
Florida home defense (castle doctrine):

An explanation of the change to Florida self-defense Law and how castle doctrine and Stand Your Ground are different

Unfortunately, Florida muddied the waters by combining the two in one section

All I know is if I have to resort to deadly force in Florida, I am going to be better off legally here than I would be in MA or even NH
Absolutely - they also very often overlook errors in self defense when the perp pretty much needed to achieve room temperature to make the world a better place.

There is still the castle doctrine, so this would be one of the few "good shoots" in MA.

They still might run you through the MA washing machine, but you are going to come out clean.

You still would have to go through the wringer before all was done and said.

Waher and wringer.jpg

You just explained the entire system mass has set up. Keep the gun laws vague....."re interpet" the law but never prosecute to avoid the scotus implications......make sure residents feel like self reliance will be punished.....

It keeps the residents scared so gun ownership stays lower than other states. It's all part of the plan.

Might not get criminally charged but you might get sued for wrongful death by the poor intruders family, INAL, I wish Scrivner was here.

As far as giving up the guns, why not just leave the Communistwealth and move to an American State.

Might not get criminally charged but you might get sued for wrongful death by the poor intruders family, INAL, I wish Scrivner was here.

As far as giving up the guns, why not just leave the Communistwealth and move to an American State.
While you might not get charged, you will be "under investigation" for an extended period of time. And that time will very likely be directly proportional to your ability to fund counsel.
The ride ends when there are no more funds to extract

Back
Top Bottom