Man busted for illegal hares from ME to Ma

Weird, are those different than rabbits all over place in the Attleboro area? I lived in Plainville and prob had 20 rabbits in the yard at any given moment.

What a great use of resources.
Crazy thing is the whole thing is made up

He wanted the hares to train his beagles ? Maybe you release them and the beagles hunt them down/kill them?
So he is asking around
Someone reports him
The undercover meets up with him and pretends to be a trapper
The undercover traps the animals
They meet up and sells him some animals FOUR TIMES
They arrest him ONE YEAR later
They release this statement
Officials with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service note that illegal wildlife trafficking threatens wild populations with disease transmission and exploits public resources.
So trafficking threatens populations with disease transmission but they literally trafficked and let the product out for a year

It is like the government selling guns to gangs. Letting them kill for a year and arresting them and saying guns are dangerous ..........oh wait

Last edited:
GTFOH!!! But rabbit is tasty

220314113612.jpg

He wanted the hares to train his beagles ? Maybe you release them and the beagles hunt them down/kill them?
So he is asking around
Someone reports him

So trafficking threatens populations with disease transmission but they literally trafficked and let the product out for a year

It is like the government selling guns to gangs. Letting them kill for a year and arresting them and saying guns are dangerous ..........oh wait
Only the state is allowed to bring a species into an area. remember kids, the government hates competition.

That is exactly what I thought when I read the article as well.

Really, they couldn‘t arrest him the first time, or the second time????

The undercover trapping wild rabbits for release in Massachusetts runs the same risk of disease transmission.

12DE84DA-C63C-4329-9BD7-EB6D974BFC98.jpeg

You will obey.

The undercover investigator offered to trap the hares but admitted to not having a license or permit that would allow him to possess or transport them

Bringing in small game when small game populations are low and getting busted for it......when the state does the same thing.

Fing gay.

So he is asking around
Someone reports him

I understand your commentary. I do. One point of order though....the "undercover" person implies that he was probably a fish and Wildlife agent.....and the green suits do have authority to trap and relocate wildlife. Now.....was this all worth a one year investigation? Not in my opinion. They would have been better off just contacting the guy and saying "yo....what your attempting to do is illegal.....stop it". Would have saves a ton of resources and still accomplished the mission.

You will obey.

The undercover investigator offered to trap the hares but admitted to not having a license or permit that would allow him to possess or transport them
Undercover implies he was a f and w agent or a warden and they do habe authority to trap and relocate. Still a waste of resources and time. Should have just contacted the guy and said cut the shit.

So he is asking around
Someone reports him

I mean, god forbid they just go up to the guy and say, "Hey, we hear you are trying to bring wabbits into the state and that's illegal. Here are the reasons why that's a bad idea. Can we help in finding a solution for you? If not, we're going to investigate and bust your ass."

Nah. That isn't as fun as thinking you're Riggs and Murtaugh out on a stakeout.

It ISN'T entrapment. They didn't ask if he wanted to get some hares. He was actively looking and they provided. But it was a stupid situation. Just talking to the guy probably had a 50/50 chance of being effective.

I mean, god forbid they just go up to the guy and say, "Hey, we hear you are trying to bring wabbits into the state and that's illegal. Here are the reasons why that's a bad idea. Can we help in finding a solution for you? If not, we're going to investigate and bust your ass."

Nah. That isn't as fun as thinking you're Riggs and Murtaugh out on a stakeout.

It ISN'T entrapment. They didn't ask if he wanted to get some hares. He was actively looking and they provided. But it was a stupid situation. Just talking to the guy probably had a 50/50 chance of being effective.
Even if they made first contact, he was free to say no. It's not like they said "transport these into MA or we kill your daughter"

You know what wouldn't have ruined people's lives? If a 3 letter government enforcement agency showed up unannounced at his house and just said "Hey, we heard you want to do this, it's illegal and we will be following up with an undercover unit" and just let it play out.

The problem with that is crime prevention doesn't show as a stat on the officer's record the way a felony arrest does. They get promoted based on arrests, not crimes prevented.

Back
Top Bottom