Man claims self-defense in Brockton shooting, held on $100,000 bail

I'm shocked that we have an anti 2A judge in Mass...(sarc)

“I have a bad habit of setting nothing less than $100,000 on anything involving a firearm,” said Coyne, who normally sits in Boston Municipal Court, but was presiding in Brockton due to a judges’ conference. “So, not to cut you short, $100,000.”

Not that I want anyone to go to jail for shooting at a thug, but this guy is obviously not very bright...

“This defendant further gave information in respect to a motive for the home invasion, that he is an aspiring rapper and had recently uploaded a Facebook video showing him with money,” O’Leary said. “The suspects may have seen this video and thought that he had money.”

Brockton is one of those towns that IMHO, that's so f***ed up, if you have the misfortune of having to live there, you should probably
act like you basically don't have shit, drive a shitty car, etc... otherwise you're instantly going to have a target on your back.

Im not blaming the victim here, not hardly, but waving cash around in Brockton just sounds like a fun way to get
robbed.

-Mike

I also think we're going to see more of this stuff in the next few years too, as a lot of the big dump cities in and around Boston (as well as places like Rox, Dot, JP) all start to become uber gentrified, well, all those shitty people who used to live in the BDCs, they're going to have to live somewhere... that means that all the SDCs and MDCs in MA are going to end up "absorbing the load" and cheap property (in a dump like Brockton) is going to attract the slumlords that just exfiltrated from
Boston and sold their units out to luxury condos or apartments.

-Mike

Last edited:
“He was reportedly eager to explain his side of the story to officers,”

Cutts told police that he was in his bedroom when he heard his cousin arguing with someone whose voice he didn’t recognize. Cutts looked out and saw two armed men wearing masks, then closed his door, but the men forced it open and brought his entire family into the living room, where they were tied with duct tape, he said.

Cutts told police he believed he was targeted for money.

“This defendant further gave information in respect to a motive for the home invasion, that he is an aspiring rapper and had recently uploaded a Facebook video showing him with money,” O’Leary said. “The suspects may have seen this video and thought that he had money.”

Cutts told police one of the men fired back at him, but O’Leary said there was no ballistic evidence to corroborate his statement. When detectives searched the area, they located a black BB gun on the lawn of a home two houses away from Cutts’ residence. The gun had blood on it and police believe that was dropped by one of the fleeing suspects.

Cutts was detained and kept in a police cruiser as patrol officers and detectives investigated the incident. Investigators didn’t immediately locate any shell casings, but Cutts was later removed from the cruiser and took police to the spot on the lawn he fired the shots from.

Guy should have kept his big fat mouth shut.

He obviously never took a NRA PPIH course with a competent instructor. The "don't talk to the police" is a very important part of that class!

Took it a few years ago and part of it was taught with a Police Sgt from Hopkinton I think...Anyway, his advice...Give your name and address and identifying info, then ask for the lawyer. END STATEMENT...

I also think we're going to see more of this stuff in the next few years too, as a lot of the big dump cities in and around Boston (as well as places like Rox, Dot, JP) all start to become uber gentrified, well, all those shitty people who used to live in the BDCs, they're going to have to live somewhere... that means that all the SDCs and MDCs in MA are going to end up "absorbing the load" and cheap property (in a dump like Brockton) is going to attract the slumlords that just exfiltrated from
Boston and sold their units out to luxury condos or apartments.

-Mike

Well, your’re a regular oracle aren’t you now. At least you didn't sprinkle your post of wisdom with the usual “likes” and “lol.” Like a 14 year old.

lol

Thanks

In n.h. He’s a genuine victim, in Ma. He’s fu*gged.
Shame, making a criminal out of a guy sitting in his house.

“I have a bad habit of setting nothing less than $100,000 on anything involving a firearm,” said Coyne, who normally sits in Boston Municipal Court, but was presiding in Brockton due to a judges’ conference. “So, not to cut you short, $100,000.”

Meanwhile rapists and dealers roam the streets for <$5k.

What a strange value system.

Well, your’re a regular oracle aren’t you now. At least you didn't sprinkle your post of wisdom with the usual “likes” and “lol.” Like a 14 year old.

Are you blind? Apparently so.

I live in one of these towns these shitbirds are migrating to.... and they ain't coming from outside of MA. They're moving out from Boston and other gentrifying areas near it. The concept is pretty simple.... Huge RE demand = endless pool of nipple heads willing to overpay for property = middle class flight for massive profit (or elders pass away, kids sell house, make bank) + slumlords cashing out big, and fewer and fewer places for low income people to live, = low class flight.. Eventually all that will be left for low income in Boston is what ever sanctioned housing projects exist and probably some lazy slumlords in the worst areas. The rest of the stuff is all going to get sold and flipped into highbrow stuff.... just look at what happened in New York City as an example. 25 years ago the Bronx was a place that everybody stayed out of now it's desirable property worth shitloads of money. And places like Camden and Newark in NJ are worse than they ever were... because all the people that got priced out of NYC moved there....

I have friends that manage apartments in places like Everett. 10 years ago it was just another medium dump city. Now when I hear rent and figures out of that town it's similar to what Cambridge was not that long ago... the market is that hot that people are willing to move into now barely ex- dump cities just to be close to Boston...

Also, as I write this, I literally just finished a site survey in Boston for some data cabling. New housing is going up everywhere, and most of it ain't low income, that's for sure.... one of the units I stood in an hour ago, I'd likely not be able to afford it unless I ate Ramen for the next 5 years... .

Even if the RE market partially crashes the gentrification will continue.

-Mike

Are you blind? Apparently so.

I live in one of these towns these shitbirds are migrating to.... and they ain't coming from outside of MA. They're moving out from Boston and other gentrifying areas near it. The concept is pretty simple.... Huge RE demand = endless pool of nipple heads willing to overpay for property = middle class flight for massive profit (or elders pass away, kids sell house, make bank) + slumlords cashing out big, and fewer and fewer places for low income people to live, = low class flight.. Eventually all that will be left for low income in Boston is what ever sanctioned housing projects exist and probably some lazy slumlords in the worst areas. The rest of the stuff is all going to get sold and flipped into highbrow stuff.... just look at what happened in New York City as an example. 25 years ago the Bronx was a place that everybody stayed out of now it's desirable property worth shitloads of money. And places like Camden and Newark in NJ are worse than they ever were... because all the people that got priced out of NYC moved there....

I have friends that manage apartments in places like Everett. 10 years ago it was just another medium dump city. Now when I hear rent and figures out of that town it's similar to what Cambridge was not that long ago... the market is that hot that people are willing to move into now barely ex- dump cities just to be close to Boston...

Also, as I write this, I literally just finished a site survey in Boston for some data cabling. New housing is going up everywhere, and most of it ain't low income, that's for sure.... one of the units I stood in an hour ago, I'd likely not be able to afford it unless I ate Ramen for the next 5 years... .

Even if the RE market partially crashes the gentrification will continue.

-Mike
Blind maybe? But he did apparently cure you of your pension for “LOLs” and “likes” and smiley faces rolling around and laughing. At least for now ;).

Ya, my vote is the biggest mistake was this guy living in Brockton as an "aspiring rapper"....or just living in Brockton period.

I thought Texas was the only state that you could legally shoot a fleeing criminal?

Even in TX theres lots of limitations on that. Like for example if its dark and someone's jacking your car, you might be able to justify it. But if some guy was trying to break in, runs away (with nothing stolen) you plug him, good luck with that....

One big issue in MA is "tenent rights" people are so used to gaming the system, that now its expanding into the private sector. People just wont pay there rent and getting them out takes so long and is so costly every landlord has to charge more then they would to insure against how many of their properties are going to loose money..

People really believe they shouldnt have to pay or be thrown out and its your job to find them a place to live and get them in there.

Ironically in CA the police will come and put you, your family, children/babies on the street if you don't pay. My assumption is do to high property taxes if they had a system like MA the lost revenue to the cities/states would effect their bottem line.

Ironically in CA the police will come and put you, your family, children/babies on the street if you don't pay.
There were some changes softening in in CA, but CA has private record reporting services that inform landlords if a prospective tenant has ever been evicted, making it nearly impossible for a former evictee to rent an apartment in CA.

Back
Top Bottom