• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man claims self-defense in Brockton shooting, held on $100,000 bail

One big issue in MA is "tenent rights" people are so used to gaming the system, that now its expanding into the private sector. People just wont pay there rent and getting them out takes so long and is so costly every landlord has to charge more then they would to insure against how many of their properties are going to loose money..

People really believe they shouldnt have to pay or be thrown out and its your job to find them a place to live and get them in there.

Ironically in CA the police will come and put you, your family, children/babies on the street if you don't pay. My assumption is do to high property taxes if they had a system like MA the lost revenue to the cities/states would effect their bottem line.

It's HILARIOUS that you think a MA town would expect a dime less just because a tenant wasn't paying. [rofl][rofl][rofl]

It's bad enough we got a state tax audit because we left a unit empty then did some rehab, so when the income dropped and they didn't get to rape us for as much, they were pissed and wanted to know why.

Its not that i think town would expect less... but if they stopped receiving taxes i bet the laws wold change and you'd be able to put people on the street.
The winter around here is used as an excuse to not pay your rent or power bill.

Its funny when spring comes all the "millionaires" in their big house's are the first to get the power shut off.

There were some changes softening in in CA, but CA has private record reporting services that inform landlords if a prospective tenant has ever been evicted, making it nearly impossible for a former evictee to rent an apartment in CA.
Masscourts.org now has housing court dockets online. Real easy to see if someone has been evicted.

Oh , my bad, I didn’t know varmints went out of season up there.

That is true in just about every jurisdiction in the country. Once the robbers fled the house, they were no longer a threat. Leaving your home to pursue them makes you legally the aggressor at that point. It is no longer self defense at that point.

Folks here on NES often seem to have grave misunderstandings of the legal limitations on the use of deadly force.

While I don’t particularly mind that the perpetrator ended up with a new hole in his backside, the courts here in MA and across the country take a different view.

Last edited:
Don't worry, while Obama was in office he had people studying stats of "lower crime" neighborhood / rural areas so they can "sprinkle / or intergrate" in those that want to "turn their life around" and live peacefully among us. My town is already there and I believe big Mike and I share the same town of residence...……..Or at least he did.

Back
Top Bottom