Man Cleared in Self-Defense Shooting/Manchester, NH

Too bad, seemed like the kid had problems

In lieu of flowers, donations in Isaac’s memory may be made to: NAMI-NH (National Alliance on Mental Illness-NH)

Gotta love the spin on it, saying he was lost to gun violence. No, he was lost because he was attacking innocent people who had decided they wanted to live and took legal steps to make that possible.

If anyone or anything is to blame it’s our bs system of mental health that sucks funds right into politicians pockets and does nothing to address the problem.

Doesn't sound like he was ever charged after being arrested. So the lawyer never really had to do anything other then help with his statement to police while in custody. Probably a grand or 2.
Sucks to have had this hanging over his head for a year, but at least he wasn't ever formally charged. The AG document states "Immediately following the shooting on June 28, 2022, Mr. Bright agreed to a voluntary interview with detectives from the Manchester Police Department", so potentially without counsel?

Per granitestater's link:
NH AG said:
As provided in RSA 626:7, I(a), when evidence is admitted establishing a defenseof self-defense, the state must disprove such defense beyond a reasonable doubt. Basedon the investigation of the shooting incident, the Attorney General finds that Mr. Brightwas justified in using deadly force for self-defense. As such, no charges will be filedagainst Jonathan Bright in the shooting death of Isaac Landry....
Since the incident on June 28, 2022, the Attorney General’s Office and the Manchester Police Department have been investigating the facts and circumstances surrounding the shooting death of Mr. Landry. That investigation has entailed witness interviews; examination of the scene; and review of reports, photographs, physical evidence, surveillance video, and a recording of Mr. Bright’s 911 call. Jonathan Bright and Stephen Reischer were both fully cooperative with the investigation. Mr. Bright immediately notified first responding officers of his conduct, turned over his firearm, and voluntarily participated in a recorded interview.
So the extent of Bright's direct involvement with LE was an interview and handing over the firearm used in the incident (Described as " a tan colored Glock 19X with a flashlight affixedunder the barrel...The shell casing was identified as a nine-millimeter WinchesterLuger+P.." as those are the most pressing questions for NESers)

Last edited:
from obit: "Isaac had an old soul, lived life very simply, and had no desire for a materialistic life."

translation: Isaac was a homeless derelict, living out of a shopping cart and strung out on fentanyl. His hobbies include random screaming and attacking strangers.

He won't be missed.

Gotta love the spin on it, saying he was lost to gun violence. No, he was lost because he was attacking innocent people who had decided they wanted to live and took legal steps to make that possible.

If anyone or anything is to blame it’s our bs system of mental health that sucks funds right into politicians pockets and does nothing to address the problem.
Exactly! Every chance I get, I will comment to anyone that will listen, that there is NO SUCH THING AS GUN VIOLENCE! It's HUMAN VIOLENCE.

Exactly! Every chance I get, I will comment to anyone that will listen, that there is NO SUCH THING AS GUN VIOLENCE! It's HUMAN VIOLENCE.
”…I literally thought he was going to kill me if he got his hands on me or my gun at that point.’

Agreed. But it feeds the anti-gun narrative to suggest that use of a gun for self-defense can be motivated by the need to retain said gun from seizure by an attacker. The obvious retort is, if you have no gun, you don’t risk having it seized and used against you. Of course, that’s like saying you shouldn’t have a nice car to avoid being carjacked, etc. Had he said “…got his hands on me and my gun…” he’d have been more correct. That’s on his lawyer, assuming he had one when he made that statement to investigators.

Back
Top Bottom