Man Fatally Shoots Pit Bull To Stop*Attack

Me when a pitbull thread appears on any forum:

tenor.gif

If your dog attacks a person, the owner should be tried for assault with intent to murder. This from an owner of 4 rototillers, bring your dogs up right and you wont have a problem.

This is pretty up there on the full retard meter. Dogs are sentient beings. Just like humans, even good ones can snap at any point. I've seen plenty of dogs that are not prone to aggression and raised properly lose their minds and attack someone. Some warranted because the human was being a dickhead, some unwarranted. I've seen a middle aged golden attack an older women for literally no reason at a park at Mitchell College in New London, CT. I knew the dog and it never had shown any sign ever that it would do something like that. It wasn't a mauling, but it left a handful of puncture wounds on the lady's arm.

This is pretty up there on the full retard meter. Dogs are sentient beings. Just like humans, even good ones can snap at any point. I've seen plenty of dogs that are not prone to aggression and raised properly lose their minds and attack someone. Some warranted because the human was being a dickhead, some unwarranted. I've seen a middle aged golden attack an older women for literally no reason at a park at Mitchell College in New London, CT. I knew the dog and it never had shown any sign ever that it would do something like that. It wasn't a mauling, but it left a handful of puncture wounds on the lady's arm.

You obviously never owned a dog that was trained right. The problem with pit bulls are some owners train them to be aggressive and it gives the breed a bad name. Same thing with the Rotties.

I cant wait till they apply that logic when the next kid gets run over by a truck.

Nobody needs a truck... a small compact car is enough for any "normal" person. Only the government needs trucks.

Nobody needs a truck... a small compact car is enough for any "normal" person. Only the government needs trucks.

What? Everyone knows a compact car kills the same as a truck.

As for pit bulls and making them illegal in Lowell. It worked just fine for gunz didn't it?

What? Everyone knows a compact car kills the same as a truck.

As for pit bulls and making them illegal in Lowell. It worked just fine for gunz didn't it?

Come on now... a small low capacity car is clearly different than a large capacity truck. I mean... I support the right to own a vehicle, I own one myself, but our founding fathers never meant for anyone to own a truck, they didn't even have trucks back then.

You obviously never owned a dog that was trained right. The problem with pit bulls are some owners train them to be aggressive and it gives the breed a bad name. Same thing with the Rotties.

Lol. Obviously you don't know me. Also I currently own two pits and have owned other dogs that people consider prone to aggression like Akitas and Chows.

In my opinion Pit bulls are closer to the edge than most other breeds, its in their DNA to fight and kill, that can only be suppressed with proper training, it can never be removed unless bred out over time. I also think pit bulls are the victims with thug owners, to me its a combination of the 2. Irresponsibilty coupled with pitbulls are an even worse combination that other breeds of dog. IMHO of course.
Id rather fall into a fenced in yard with 2 Shepherds than 2 pit bulls.

Your dogs are your resposibility and if you cant accept that you should not have dogs.

With that logic parents should be charged for every crime their kids commit. Keep up the false logic.

You cannot uniformly hold all dog owners responsible for their dog's actions. Dogs are animals and by nature act in illogical ways occasionally. No amount of training can prevent every dog from causing harm.

With that logic parents should be charged for every crime their kids commit. Keep up the false logic.

You cannot uniformly hold all dog owners responsible for their dog's actions. Dogs are animals and by nature act in illogical ways occasionally. No amount of training can prevent every dog from causing harm.

Talk about false logic. Dogs are animals. They are not anyone's children.

Maybe that's part of the problem, people thinking of their dogs as their children, they are not, they are animals, it is the owner's responsibility to see to it they behave correctly.

BTW I do think parents should share in the accountability of their children, at least until they are 13. At that point they really should be able to tell right from wrong.

Talk about false logic. Dogs are animals. They are not anyone's children.

Maybe that's part of the problem, people thinking of their dogs as their children, they are not, they are animals, it is the owner's responsibility to see to it they behave correctly.

BTW I do think parents should share in the accountability of their children, at least until they are 13. At that point they really should be able to tell right from wrong.

+1 Thank you.

Lol. Obviously you don't know me. Also I currently own two pits and have owned other dogs that people consider prone to aggression like Akitas and Chows.

Not that it is any of my business, but I am just curious, why do you prefer " aggressive" dogs? Not saying you need a reason other than you want/ like them.

I have no issues with any dog breed or people owning that breed. The main reason I keep pepper spray is because I would hate to not have it available in the event of a dog attack. I would hate to have to shoot any dog. But I would, without hesitation, if absolutely necessary.

In my opinion Pit bulls are closer to the edge than most other breeds, its in their DNA to fight and kill, that can only be suppressed with proper training, it can never be removed unless bred out over time. I also think pit bulls are the victims with thug owners, to me its a combination of the 2. Irresponsibilty coupled with pitbulls are an even worse combination that other breeds of dog. IMHO of course.

This pretty well sums it up, Many (not all) pitbull owners should not be allowed to own any dog.

Not that it is any of my business, but I am just curious, why do you prefer " aggressive" dogs? Not saying you need a reason other than you want/ like them.

Perhaps it's a feeling of inadequacy as a man?
And it's tacticool to have a tuff dog, as to make people think you are tuff, street cred is everything living in the hood.

Shocking...the guy who owns aggressive dogs doesn't want to take responsibility if they behave in negative manner.
Ignorance is bliss.

Dog owners are strictly liable for their dog’s actions. Don’t believe me check your homeowners insurance policy or case law.

Animals by nature acting in illogical ways is a weak defense for causing the death of a child. A court and jury would support this all day long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have 2 as well...so there are 4 pits in this thread that have never done anything to harm anyone

In my opinion terriers are closer to the edge than most other breeds, its in their DNA to chase and kill, that can only be suppressed with proper training, it can never be removed unless bred out over time. I also think pit bulls are the victims with thug owners, to me its a combination of the 2. Irresponsibilty coupled with pitbulls are an even worse combination that other breeds of dog. IMHO of course.

fify...american pit bull terriers came from breeding old english terriers and old english bull dogs...which side do you think they got their prey drive from?...dogs are trained to fight by humans, it's not in their DNA...i actually entered a fenced yard while i was working on a construction job to talk to residents and a pit came running around the side yard and started barking at me...i talked to him a little and he realized i wasn't a threat to him and he walked away...the residents came out and i spoke with them and he came over to greet me and was happy as ever...just like a majority of the dogs i meet

I have no issues with any dog breed or people owning that breed. The main reason I keep pepper spray is because I would hate to not have it available in the event of a dog attack. I would hate to have to shoot any dog. But I would, without hesitation, if absolutely necessary.

not aggressive...just more loyal and eager to please humans...but all dogs are individuals...myself i wanted a short hair (not fur) dog so i didn't have long hair or fur everywhere...i wanted a somewhat clean dog that didn't drool all the time like a boxer, rottie or bulldog...i wanted an athletic dog to play with...i wanted an intelligent dog...i wanted a dog that was medium sized, not huge...my wife had 2 pits previously and talked me into it...i thought the same as most people due to the media cause i was ignorant...i did some homework and went with it...we wanted a puppy and a friend of a friend had a litter so we went to meet check them out...all the pups were laying out in the yard and the mom was there and she was huge...we walked up and she had never met us before and she ran right up to us and was as lovable as ever so we ended up with a male from that litter...

the next one was a 3 year old male (once the other dog was a little over 3 years old) and we foster failed and we kept him...probably won't by from a breeder again just due to the volume of dogs that need to be rescued but the dog from the breeder is the best dog...had him house trained in a week as an 8 week old pup...he chewed 1 piece of wood molding and 1 sandal that may have smelled like my wife's dogs and has never wrecked anything else that wasn't one of his toys...the other one has never chewed anything that isn't his either...now with an infant in the house there are baby toys all over and we tell them that the toys are not theirs and they don't touch them and we leave the toys all over the floor which i don't think this is normal for most dog owners...they are both always watching her and licking her face...

when you own one and you're a responsible owner you end up with the job of being an ambassador for the breed due to the misconceptions that people ignorant of the breed believe/pass along, as well as the media and bad owners...you're constantly defending them...you meet a lot of people who want to pet them and sometimes when they find out what the breed is they sometimes change their mind or at least they have met one more friendly one to support changing their mind...i know the owner of one of the Vick dogs and while he has his issues he is a perfect case of a dog that has been rehabbed and living a normal life after having to be aggressive for that sh!tbag...sometimes people go to the other side of the street when we are walking...others want to come right up and pet them...while walking one time i had one woman running by say "i'm not going to get eaten am i?"...i wanted to say "i don't think they are that hungry" as she was rather large but i just shook my head and moved on...that's the type of ignorance you deal with as an owner of one of these dogs and yea it bothers you cause you know those people are wrong and they are just dogs

Last edited:
fify...american pit bull terriers came from breeding old english terriers and old english bull dogs...which side do you think they got their prey drive from?...dogs are trained to fight by humans, it's not in their DNA...i actually entered a fenced yard while i was working on a construction job to talk to residents and a pit came running around the side yard and started barking at me...i talked to him a little and he realized i wasn't a threat to him and he walked away...the residents came out and i spoke with them and he came over to greet me and was happy as ever...just like a majority of the dogs i meet

Again, every time we say something bad about a pit bull doesnt mean ALL are bad, sure there are some that are good dogs, no doubt about it...the one you encountered was good AND great...but you took a chance and got lucky.
The fighting tendencies are bred into the dog and can only be removed by breeding it out, so its part of thr DNA, its not held in by memory, ever heard the term bloolines? Blood lines are DNA.
Not all terriers are bred to do the same work.
That's why some breeds are better and more ideal for different types of work.
For PIT BULLS, they were bread to fight till death, or until the other opponent stopped moving. That's why the death rate for pit bull attacks is higher than say a shepherd, shepherds are more likely to bite and walk away, pits are more likely to latch on and not let go until the opponent or unsuspecting child stops moving.
I really don't know how people can say that a pitbull is no different than golden retrievers, 2 completely different dogs all together.
Pit bulls and some other breeds need a strong willed and stable handler to keep the dog in check. Belgian melanois for example, aren't ideal for family situations....yes that can be great dogs, but only with owners that can handle a dog of that temperament. Some breeds just aren't good for everyone situation. Many types of breeds in the wrong hands can be more dangerous than others, this is fact. Yes all dogs can be dangerous, they have sharp teath... But it's what's driving those teeth and what's telling them to keep going or to stop.

Dogs can be "trained right" and still become aggressive

That is not necessarily true -- a dog can be "trained right" and still have (or develop) aggression issues, and these issues can be more prevalent in some breeds (or even in some show dog breeding stock) than in others. I'm not saying that all dogs that "snap" are genetically predisposed or suffer from a mental issue, but it is true in some cases.

Perhaps it's a feeling of inadequacy as a man?
And it's tacticool to have a tuff dog, as to make people think you are tuff, street cred is everything living in the hood.

Shocking...the guy who owns aggressive dogs doesn't want to take responsibility if they behave in negative manner.
Ignorance is bliss.

Lemme guess- no pets, small dog, or cat person?

I can't answer for everyone, but there's a reason I always have at least one large, 'aggressive' breed. 'Aggressive' in quotes because it's BS. Depends on the dog.

Always had a Rott in the house because I travel and it's nice to have one for added protection of my wife and kids. My first Rott stopped a burglary when we were starting out and lived in a shitty neighborhood. Never had a break-in nor attempted break-in since. Also have had one get in front of the family to stop a huge bear that was approaching. The dog has a job to do, though I do enjoy the breed. Mine have been socialized to the point that each one even likes going to the vet because it means he gets to visit with people and the poking / prodding is fine. By the way, Rotts don't make the top 10 in bite frequency, though Chihuahuas and Cocker Spaniels do.

That said, if one of mine did something like the Pit in in the OP, I could not fault someone for dropping it.

Again, every time we say something bad about a pit bull doesnt mean ALL are bad, sure there are some that are good dogs, no doubt about it...the one you encountered was good AND great...but you took a chance and got lucky.
The fighting tendencies are bred into the dog and can only be removed by breeding it out, so its part of thr DNA, its not held in by memory, ever heard the term bloolines? Blood lines are DNA.
Not all terriers are bred to do the same work.
That's why some breeds are better and more ideal for different types of work.
For PIT BULLS, they were bread to fight till death, or until the other opponent stopped moving. That's why the death rate for pit bull attacks is higher than say a shepherd, shepherds are more likely to bite and walk away, pits are more likely to latch on and not let go until the opponent or unsuspecting child stops moving.
I really don't know how people can say that a pitbull is no different than golden retrievers, 2 completely different dogs all together.
Pit bulls and some other breeds need a strong willed and stable handler to keep the dog in check. Belgian melanois for example, aren't ideal for family situations....yes that can be great dogs, but only with owners that can handle a dog of that temperament. Some breeds just aren't good for everyone situation. Many types of breeds in the wrong hands can be more dangerous than others, this is fact. Yes all dogs can be dangerous, they have sharp teath... But it's what's driving those teeth and what's telling them to keep going or to stop.

i'm not disagreeing that there are some good and some bad...the people that assume that they are all bad is the problem...hearing about only the stories in the news about them (or dogs labeled to be one even if not known) and no other breeds is also a problem...when you own them you're always on defense...dogs may have traits that could lend better to dog fighting like american pit bull terriers with their high prey drive from being a terrier but dogs don't inherently want to fight other dogs due to their DNA...they are trained/tortured to do that...the population of pit bulls in the US is easily in the top 10 (probably top 5)...so there is a large number of them in the US and they are over bred by sh!tbags for money so at this point in a majority of them i bet bloodlines have been mixed up quite a bit at this point

i'm not disagreeing that there are some good and some bad...the people that assume that they are all bad is the problem...hearing about only the stories in the news about them (or dogs labeled to be one even if not known) and no other breeds is also a problem...when you own them you're always on defense...dogs may have traits that could lend better to dog fighting like american pit bull terriers with their high prey drive from being a terrier but dogs don't inherently want to fight other dogs due to their DNA...they are trained/tortured to do that...the population of pit bulls in the US is easily in the top 10 (probably top 5)...so there is a large number of them in the US and they are over bred by sh!tbags for money so at this point in a majority of them i bet bloodlines have been mixed up quite a bit at this point

No other breed is as bad as pit bulls as far as attacks, and or deaths.
With that said, it's due to a combination of bad owners and the breed.
Id certainly rather tangle with a neglected golden retriever than a pitbull due to the characteristics of the bloodlines (dna).
The golden will Maybe bite out of fear and nervousness and most likely let go, mostly dogs of that nature are cowards. Pit bulls on the other hand may initially bite due to fear or nervousness but they may also bite due to fighting instincts, but more importantly they have a much higherr likelyhood to not give up and not stop till the opponent and or other person is dead..(Dna)
These are facts that can't be denied or ignored.
Bird dogs are bird dogs, fighting dogs are fighting dogs. Shepherds are herders. Pitbulls aren't herders or bird dogs...
Pretty elementry stuff here.

Back
Top Bottom