• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man i love my gun shop

I got a lower from PSA a while back, it was a repro marked lower "US PROPERTY M16A2" with the three selector markings, about as close as I could get without spending a ton on one of the "correct" lowers out there. So, this upper fits the bill perfectly. I had been seeing them for $115 or so before all the craziness and now just forget about finding one, all I've seen are out of stock.

Anyways, I was in the shop to pick up my new pistol, a pretty slick AR45 topped with an EoTech, for $1050. Small out of the way shops around here always have neat stuff and its constantly changing, never gets boring.

Upper. $40. Barrel $300. Lower. $70. Forend. $200. Bolt. $100. LPK. $40. Stock $125. Magazine. $10. Armorer's kit, barrel wrench, headspace gauges, et al. $400. Putting it all together yourself with lots of swearing because of springs that went flying across the room. $ Priceless.
FIFY.

So... The shop's in Missouri? or, … Mexico? [rofl2]

Missouri. Mexico is my town lol, we don't seem to be very original in naming cities out here, we have towns named Mexico, Cuba, Florida, Paris, Versailles any many more
I wouldn't say that. Sounds like they are very Pro-Recycle... ♻
[smile]

Missouri. Mexico is my town lol, we don't seem to be very original in naming cities out here, we have towns named Mexico, Cuba, Florida, Paris, Versailles any many more

That's similar to Maine. Over 40 towns/cities have foreign names.

My fav are the county road names. I still love driving on DD. LOL.

And when did A2 become retro??? ;). I still have a bolt-on A2 handle somewhere in the basement. Back when none of us were sure that flat-tops were gonna be a thing or not. ROFL!

My fav are the county road names. I still love driving on DD. LOL.

And when did A2 become retro??? ;). I still have a bolt-on A2 handle somewhere in the basement. Back when none of us were sure that flat-tops were gonna be a thing or not. ROFL!

I dont think A2 is retro per se, but I dunno if they are even still issued? Its what I was issued so I got a soft spot for it.

Local shop always has cool stuff in. Today it was a table of A2 uppers for $40/ea. Grabbed one for me and one for a buddy, we both had been thinking about a retro build. Looking at price and availability, think I'm gonna head back and buy every one he has.

View attachment 348791
nice to grandpas old junk priced accordingly ;)

I'm gonna hang onto a few of them and hook up some buddies here. I come across this kind of stuff all the time. I'd like to sell them up there, I'm a nice guy and all and not out to rapey rape folks on price but I like to make a few bucks here and there, but I always try to meet or beat going rates.

The way I see it is, you could afford to be a real nice guy and karma them off to us behind enemy lines, OR be like some NES'rs, and sell here at butt rape prices.
Just sayin.
[smile]

1. It's an upper, not a lower. Should be meanly distributed nationwide.

2. Someone's gonna get a post telling them they are a crybaby. ROFL!!!

The way I see it is, you could afford to be a real nice guy and karma them off to us behind enemy lines, OR be like some NES'rs, and sell here at butt rape prices.
Just sayin.
[smile]
I honestly find it a bit comical when I click on a few of these links selling $100 parts for $1000+. Curious how you can care about the gun community so much to be a regularly posting member here and try to rape them so viciously (and yes, I understand supply / demand and market value and all that, but it doesn't make getting taken out back and more pleasant).

1. It's an upper, not a lower. Should be meanly distributed nationwide.

2. Someone's gonna get a post telling them they are a crybaby. ROFL!!!
1. I know, but shhhhh, seller can market them as PRE BAN UPPERS, it'll help justify the price.
You know, like saying " price drop " with 219 bumps or some shit like that.
2. Probably right, I'll be expecting that.

Back
Top Bottom