• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man is shot dead by cops on Hollywood Walk of Fame after pointing what turned out to be a replica gun at officers during tense stand-off

Reptile

NES Member
  • Police in LA respond to call of man brandishing a gun on Hollywood Boulevard
  • Officers open fire after the man points what appears to be a weapon at them
  • Investigation reveals unidentified man was holding a replica gun and a knife
  • A woman near the scene was injured, but it is not clear how she was hurt
  • Tourist site was closed for several hours as police conducted an investigation

The people who called it in are idiots. If they can't even tell it's a novelty lighter then they have no idea what they saw.

from the pic he looks black. I wonder when the feeble minded leftists will blame the cops, riot, then erect another memorial for God to smash down.
I only saw the first pic or two, but to me he didn’t look very black at all.... I may be wrong, hence the ‘identify’ part!! If he was actually black, I would assume we would have riots by now, no??

Is a gun story ever off-topic on NES? [shocked]

In my opinion, just because a story includes a gun it doesn't automatically make it "general" worthy.

There are good gun related topics in "general" that get pushed down by all this bullsh*t about every single person that gets killed.

When I want to read sh*t, I go to "off topic".

This is not my forum, I dont make the rules, so whatever. Older (by join date) members should know better.

I guess the best solution is to block him.

In my opinion, just because a story includes a gun it doesn't automatically make it "general" worthy.
Rise to the occasion.
Find something of general interest worth discussing.
Cover vs. concealment.
Hide vs. run (and if so, how fast?).
Situational awareness.
Step up to provide a witness statement vs. nope away.

Rise to the occasion.
Find something of general interest worth discussing.
Cover vs. concealment.
Hide vs. run (and if so, how fast?).
Situational awareness.
Step up to provide a witness statement vs. nope away.
If you ask

I could keep going all night, but you get the idea.

(That fan video makes a great song twice as great).
It's funny, as a young kid in the 60's/70's the British Invasion to me was The Who, The Stones, Led Zeppelin, Eric Burdon etc.
All I ever knew about the Kinks was Lola and You Really Got Me (one of the few rock songs where I think the cover is better than the original).
Then in 10th Grade was Low Budget followed by Give The People What They Want in my Senior year. I started listening to some of the older Albums. Tired of Waiting for You, Sunny Afternoon, Waterloo Sunset, Shangri-La, Victoria, Apeman & Celluloid Heroes are all favorites now.

I only saw the first pic or two, but to me he didn’t look very black at all.... I may be wrong, hence the ‘identify’ part!! If he was actually black, I would assume we would have riots by now, no??
maybe you are right. "light skinned black" maybe ?

Back
Top Bottom