• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man Killed In Tannerite Explosion

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
A bachelor-bachelorette party was in progress at the residence on the farm where Jeffrey Taylor, 47, of Utica kept some cattle. When Taylor and his sons arrived in the evening to tend the cattle, they were invited to stop by the party before leaving, Fillmore County Sheriff Daryl Jensen said.

As Taylor and his sons prepared to leave, some of the party-goers were shooting exploding targets with a high-powered rifle, Jensen said. Taylor joined a group of spectators standing behind the shooter. Just before 9 p.m. a shot exploded a target and Taylor immediately collapsed with a wound to the abdomen, Jensen said.

He was driven to a nearby location where the Rushford Ambulance and Mayo 1 helicopter attended to him. He was pronounced dead at that location.

An autopsy found the cause of death consistent with a shrapnel injury from the exploding target, Jensen said.

Man killed after explosive target detonates at party

[sad2]

That is terrible.

I have seen shrapnel fly around before.

I wonder how far he was from the target and if they were putting the tannerite inside another object.

a little more from the story ..............

Jensen said that in this case the Tannerite was “used with other materials” in a manner that was not included in the manufacturer’s recommendations. He said the individual who fired the shot that detonated the explosive “just happened to be the next in line to shoot,” and while alcohol was present at the party, “we don’t feel alcohol contributed to the result.”

sounding like a case of PSG and some innocent bystander WSP

Shit happens... I'm surprised it took this long (still wouldn't stop me from trying it).

NSFW (language)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the guys loss of life, but damn we really don't need this right now! I wonder how much they used and what else they added to the mixture!

Charles.

None of you guys referenced FPS Russia?

You must be slipping.

I believe the instructions on Tannerite and similar is (do not enclose in object). Sometimes your number is up and no matter how fast you run, no matter how deep a hole you are in - it's still up.

RIP - too bad.

Those videos were crazy! Enjoy that stuff while you can, if they can ban M-80s we should expect that rally cries will soon be heard to ban this. Yea I don't get how the M-80 is banned and tannerite isn't. (Not saying that it should be banned).

An M80 can be set off anywhere by anybody with a Bic lighter.
Tannerite needs a far more specific set of circumstances to be detonated.

Yes, that's true. Above post; the second video down, 30 seconds in. You can't compare that to an M80.

Back
Top Bottom