• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man shot and killed by Police on Salisbury Beach

http://www.necn.com/05/15/14/BREAKI...t-Sa/landing.html?blockID=866499&feedID=11106

Emergency officials are at the scene of a developing situation in Salisbury, Massachusetts.

Salisbury Fire officials confirm that police were called to 150 Cable Avenue, and that there are multiple victims with trauma. They would not say what the nature of the incident is. Salisbury Police said only that it is still an "active scene" and wouldn't release any further information.

Aerial video shows what appears to be a multiple car accident involving a police vehicle. There also is what may be a body in the street, which is covered up. A MedFlight helicopter can also be seen landing on the helipad at a nearby hospital.
Several witnesses said they saw a large machete-style knife laying in the road near the body on Cable Avenue.

The Newburyport Daily News is calling the situation a "stabbing and shooting incident" and said early reports are that a man attempted to stab a Salisbury police officer and was shot and killed.

The Essex County District Attorney's office is at the scene and confirmed to NECN that one person is dead. More information is expected to be released shortly.

http://www.newburyportnews.com/brea...e-on-scene-of-shooting-stabbing-in-Salisbury:

SALISBURY — Police officers from Salisbury and all surrounding communities are on the scene of a reported stabbing and shooting incident on Salisbury Beach.

According to police, Chief Thomas Fowler, Sgt. Robert Roy, and Officer Michael Alder were called to the scene of an incident at 150 Cable Avenue where a man had attacked two others with a machete. On the way to the scene, the police SUV was involved in a collision with a vehicle containing the suspect. The suspect approached the officers, carrying the machete. When they ordered him to stop and put down his weapon, he continued to come at them, and was shot and killed by police.

All three officers were removed of their weapons, and Fowler and Alder were taken to Anna Jaques for evaluation, which is standard operating procedures in such cases, according to police.

This story will be updated.

Last edited:
You approach a Leo with a weapon in your hand, youre asking to be shot. Pretty straight forward

Sent from the blind

You approach a Leo with a weapon in your hand, youre asking to be shot. Pretty straight forward

Sent from the blind

Along the same line. This is why if I was ever asked by an leo to unholster my firearm or hand them my pocket knife I would never do it for fear of getting shot. Anyone else agree or am I wrong. Not bashing leos at all

Along the same line. This is why if I was ever asked by an leo to unholster my firearm or hand them my pocket knife I would never do it for fear of getting shot. Anyone else agree or am I wrong. Not bashing leos at all
they can unholster it themselves if I am being detained

back to this story... messed up

That's why you tell him, "molon labe".

Back
Top Bottom