• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man shot and killed in Hyannis

HYANNIS — A 31-year-old man was shot and killed at 42 Fresh Holes Road around 10 p.m. Sunday night, the first murder and second shooting of the year in Hyannis.

The victim, identified as Todd Lampley by the Barnstable police, was said by neighbors to have young daughters.

"Nightmare on Fresh Holes, that's what it is, nightmare on Fresh Holes," said Maurice Anderson, who said he lived in the area and was Lampley's friend.

Police, who still had not removed the body as late as 11:30 p.m., said four shots were fired. Neighbors said Lampley was shot through the window, and police were seen shining flashlights on the windows of the duplex.

Lampley was implicated in the 2007 shooting death of Jacques Sellers on General Patton Drive, according to court testimony in October 2010 during the trial of Anthony Russ

more information at CapecodOnline

You don't go into that neighborhood unless you're lost, that's the "diversity" area of Hyannis and if you do have go bring a rosco you'll need it. [smile]

hyannis has gone way down hill like so many coastal towns that get overrun with poverty and crime. it's a shame. my grandparents live in hyannis & i grew up going to the cape every summer. as a kid (in the late 80's-90's) we used to ride our bikes all over hyannis from the mall, down main st to the beach and no one was worried. now, i dont even like to go and have only visited a couple of times the past few years. even then, its a quick visit. not much else. took a walk down main st last year and it was sad to say the least.

General Patton, Hiramar, and Fresh holes are the roads you really don't want to bother driving down if you don't have to. Years ago I'd use them as a cut-through from 28, but I don't bother these days.

It's a Smoke Shop on Main St. Hyannis...

And, yea you can go there without getting shot, just go during the day.

Ah. I did not know that. Thanks. If I could use only a little tobacco, I would go, but I have found repeatedly that if I have any, I very quickly have to have a lot and then have a hard time stopping.

Back
Top Bottom