• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man shot dead outside remote Space Force station in New Hampshire approached the gate while armed with a gun and a knife, investigation finds

Reptile

NES Member
  • A man armed with a gun and knife was fatally shot outside the remote Space Force station in New Hampshire after he approached the gate
  • The man identified as Michael Foley, 33, was shot dead around 11:30 pm on May 13 on Galaxy Way, an access road that leads to New Boston Space Force Station
  • The circumstances why Foley was there is still under investigation, officials said
  • Two men involved in the shooting is New Boston police officer Shane Morton, and Peter White, a contractor with company, Lockwood Hills
  • There are no charges being filed against, Morton and White, at this time, New Hampshire Attorney General's office told DailyMail.com on Thursday
A man armed with a gun and knife was fatally shot outside the remote Space Force station in New Hampshire after he approached the gate, but the circumstances to why he was there are still being investigated, officials said.

The man identified as Michael Foley, 33, was 'killed by a single gunshot' around 11:30 pm on May 13 on Galaxy Way, an access road that leads to New Boston Space Force Station (NBSFS).

New Hampshire's Deputy Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Mitchell Weinberg called the manner of Foley's death a 'homicide,' Military.com reported.

Two men identified as New Boston police officer Shane Morton, and Peter White, a contracted security member with the company, Lockwood Hills, had discharged their firearms shooting Foley dead.

Michael Garrity, Director of Communications for the New Hampshire Attorney General's Office told DailyMail.com on Thursday that there are no charges being filed against Morton and White at this time.

'We are continuing to still actively investigate and review the incident of the officer involved shooting,' he said. 'A report will be released when our review is completed.'

Two thoughts:
  1. Why didn't they use lasers? Everybody knows that lasers are a standard issue sidearm in the Space Force. Just look at any of the popular military documentaries on space forces: Star Trek, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek Discovery, Babylon 5.
  2. Why did they need a police officer to protect a Space Force station? Is Space Force station a covert name for a "summer camp for wimps?"
  3. How remote was that station? Suborbital? Lower orbit? Moon adjacent? How did the guy get there? On a shuttle?
  4. One of the people involved works for Lockwood Hills. The company is based in Alaska and offers bookkeeping and IT services. What did he do? Throw pencils and mouse pads at the guy?
  5. The definition of "remote" by the military spokesperson is .... interesting. The Space Force station is 15 minutes from Machester. Is the military spokesperson saying that Machester is a boonies? Well, I kinda agree with him on that one.

Man they f***ed space force

Whoever owned that base before was like hey space force come on up here... we got this awesome spot

Ive had people work at that base it got -80 with windchill up there

Edit...maybe im thinking of the army weather station

Man they f***ed space force

Whoever owned that base before was like hey space force come on up here... we got this awesome spot

Ive had people work at that base it got -80 with windchill up there

Edit...maybe im thinking of the army weather station
It's been there for years, AF tracking site. My Army Reserve Infantry Unit, 187th Infantry Brigade, used to train there in the early 90's. We did an AT there in June and I remember sweating my ass off for two weeks, sleeping in a foxhole. The 101st flew up Blackhawks and took us on rides thru the White Mountains. I almost shit my pants during a nap of the earth flight, they were GOOD!:cool: My crazy 1SG, a 173rd Airborne Vietnam Veteran was sitting next to me and was in his glory.

Last edited:
I was just up there two months ago picking up a JD 1025r tractor that I bought from a guy on CL. I drove right past that place and was wondering what the Space Force would do with an outpost up there in east bumfuk!

Two thoughts:
  1. Why didn't they use lasers? Everybody knows that lasers are a standard issue sidearm in the Space Force. Just look at any of the popular military documentaries on space forces: Star Trek, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek Discovery, Babylon 5.
  2. Why did they need a police officer to protect a Space Force station? Is Space Force station a covert name for a "summer camp for wimps?"
  3. How remote was that station? Suborbital? Lower orbit? Moon adjacent? How did the guy get there? On a shuttle?
  4. One of the people involved works for Lockwood Hills. The company is based in Alaska and offers bookkeeping and IT services. What did he do? Throw pencils and mouse pads at the guy?
  5. The definition of "remote" by the military spokesperson is .... interesting. The Space Force station is 15 minutes from Machester. Is the military spokesperson saying that Machester is a boonies? Well, I kinda agree with him on that one.
“Two thoughts:”

[rofl]

It's been there for years, AF tracking site. My Army Reserve Infantry Unit, 187th Infantry Brigade, used to train there in the early 90's. We did an AT there in June and I remember sweating my ass off for two weeks, sleeping in a foxhole. The 101st flew up Blackhawks and took us on rides thru the White Mountains. I almost shit my pants during a nap of the earth flight, they were GOOD!:cool: My crazy 1SG, a 173rd Airborne Vietnam Veteran was sitting next to me and was in his glory.
Yea i forgot that place is hot as balls in the summer too... lol... quite possibly the worst place to be in new england not named revere beach

No real details. It’s not illegal to have a gun and knife. So saying he was armed with a gun and knife is completely meaningless absent something else. “Made threatening gestures”. Also completely meaningless. That could be anything from pointing his finger with a frown on his face.

The lack of any detail that would actually justify the use of deadly force against someone is concerning. Surely had he done something that would make using deadly force a clearly justified response, they’d have mentioned it. No?

No real details. It’s not illegal to have a gun and knife. So saying he was armed with a gun and knife is completely meaningless absent something else. “Made threatening gestures”. Also completely meaningless. That could be anything from pointing his finger with a frown on his face.

The lack of any detail that would actually justify the use of deadly force against someone is concerning. Surely had he done something that would make using deadly force a clearly justified response, they’d have mentioned it. No?
You should start an investigation immediately.

I was just up there two months ago picking up a JD 1025r tractor that I bought from a guy on CL. I drove right past that place and was wondering what the Space Force would do with an outpost up there in east bumfuk!
Once upon a time, it was a bombing range for AAF planes based at Grenier Field.

Wow, shock title!! This is my neck of the woods, my good friends property abuts that joint. It is formerly USAF listening/radar station or some such.....an AF base with no runway!!
I guess it is fairly high up on the list of targets to be taken out if a foreign power were to try to take us by force.....but I’m fairly certain they’re going another route.

an AF base with no runway!!

It's not the first.

Air Force Station is usually used in the name of those with very little or no flight activity, although there are cases where installations with no flight activity use the term Base instead of Station (e.g., Bolling Air Force Base).

What’s concerning to me is anyone without at least one gun and one knife on their person.

It's not the first.
Warren AFB in Cheyenne has never had a paved fixed-wing strip. Almost 3k airmen there. And it's been an AFB since 1949. They've had plenty of time to build one, if they wanted one.

Los Angeles AFB never had a field, either. I think it's Space Force now. There are probably a whole bunch of USAF installations without things that fly.

Back
Top Bottom