• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Manchester, NH Gun Show, 14-15 Jan 2012

Since I'm new to this, what would happen if I found a pistol I wanted? Would they have to send it to a MA ffl?

Yes, it would have to be sent to an MA FFL, and typically all the compliance BS would apply, so you would have to know what your doing or know what the MA dealer is willing to accept before doing this. Some dealers are likely to just say "no". On the other hand, Some of the dealers at the show are likely partnered up with MA dealers to get -some- of the stuff over the border.

-Mike

If you're there Saturday morning, feel free to stop me and say hi. I'll be wearing my desert boonie hat and will have my 5 yr old red head daughter in tow. Might also be carrying around a cleaned up Gehendra (Nepal Martini Henry).

:)

-Jason

Then don't go, God give it a rest.

In closing, if you are calling me dumb try again. I have been collecting for over 30 years and have picked up some very good deals at gun shows. Even some of the smaller ones.

Enjoy your weekend not attending, we who attend wont miss you, why we enjoy our self's and don't look at the bad side of gun-shows.

I landed this non-refurb 54 Izveshk SKS at the Concord gun show last year. It was noon when i found it. the thing had sat around for at least 3 hours. I picked it up for $425 from a dealer! I figured it was a $600 gun. I was wrong, one sold last week on Gun broker for $850. I believe this one is nicer.

The deals can be there if you are patient.

IMG_3472.jpg

Since I'm new to this, what would happen if I found a pistol I wanted? Would they have to send it to a MA ffl?

If its a Ma compliant gun come over to Stoney Acres we will do it. I am bringing the computer to process ma gun sales just for that very reason. We have allot of folks who wait for this show just to avoid the sales tax in Ma so we come prepared. The state DOES NOT allow the paper forms any longer.
Hope you find something.

I've hit every show in NH for the past 15 years,I missed one old Salem show and one Lebanon show only once did I not get the dealer to lower the price to what I want...watched that item at the next 2 shows made an offer again and he caved.

I still enjoy the shows even after all these years.

I go to gun shows for:

- something fun to do on a winter day.
- a few conversations with friends and fellow NESers
- a chance to pick up and examine guns I don't often see
- gun parts and magazines you can't always find via other sources
- ammo and reloading components (when reasonably priced) so I can avoid huge shipping and hazmat fees
- the opportunity to see what others are pricing guns that I already own
- cleaning supplies and targets
- bayonets, cleaning rods, slings and other "goodies" for my milsurp guns

I DON'T go to a gun show:

- expecting low gun prices
- to enjoy the smell of Bubba who hasn't taken a bath yet this quarter
- thinking I have to buy SOMETHING or its not worth going.

Go, have fun, bring some cash, spend if it feels good. And say hello to Fred!

figures i trash the show on page 1 saying how disappointed i was last time yet i'm riding up there with mike tomorrow. [laugh]

gun shows are a love/hate thing. i remember at one of the marlboro shows shortly after mike and i talked to you fred, i was haggling with a dealer for a nickel plated rock island 1911. i only wanted it because it was shiny. they said they couldn't sell rock island 1911s to MA losers so i brought up the approved roster and showed him he could in fact sell them... then i saw that the nickel plated variant was not on the list. dammit. i guess marsha's dream team in their infinite wisdom determined that i'd be too busy fondling the gun and walk into traffic and therefore the nickel finish is too dangerous for a subject of the DPRM to have. i suppose if i want one bad enough though i'll get one. but still...

i'm going for ammo and ammo alone tomorrow, my AKs are hungry and must feed. i know jim is going to be there from his post, and i know he'll have ammo--so anything else is just icing on the cake.

I will be there with the noddaduma and my wife and two kids in tow.

I will have an nondescript olive baseball hat on. My 12 yo daughter should have an NRA hat on. See you there.

I can't make it today, but I will try and get there tomorrow. If I don't make it, Fred, I will catch you at Marlboro.

Looking forward to hearing how the show is.

I dont know anybody, but i think im going up there today
Ill be with my brother, so if you see 2 20 year olds who look similar, it might be a nes newb!

Hopefully crowd isn't too big, i want to see some Mosins

I just got home from the show. I got in line around 8:15, and the line wasn't too bad. I spent about an hour in the show and when I left, the line was pretty huge.

It was my first show, so I can't compare it to anything. I didn't look at a lot of guns, but the ones I did look at were not priced all that great. There were several guys selling bulk ammo, and the pricing was pretty good. I ended up getting a crate of Yugo 7.62x39 for $230. That's under 19 cents a round. I also picked up a couple more 50 cal cans, 2 for $15.

There was one table that had a lot of AK parts that I was tempted by, but I didn't really need anything.

I think I lost a testicle carrying that Yugo crate to the garage. If anybody sees one, please pick it up for me.

Didn't notice on reloading stuff.

I was looking for a mosin M44 and came up empty. Found some 91-30s seriously overpriced. Done were about $150ish for a beat up model. One table had them boxed up for reasonable prices. My buddy bought a '33 hex there.

I picked up a couple pre ban mags for my ar-15 for $15. Was all I bought.

I just got back. got there at 8:45, got in at 9:30. I figured i shoudl have showed up later as you can usually beat the line that way. I walked out about 11 and the line was longer!

I saw 900 rounds of 1950s 8mm Yugo ammo in the can for $200. this is a good price considering i JUST bought some shipped to my house for considerably more OUCH!

I saw the guy with the typical reloading primers and stuff. I saw a Russian tula SKS for $450. It looked like a non refurb but unfortunately has an XXXX'd stock other than that I thought I was about to score!

by the way, where have all the SKS gone? i saw some but not many. Fred, I saw you but did not stop you looked pretty busy.
Jim from MFLR seemed to be doing pretty well .

Back
Top Bottom