MANUFACTURED BY ADCOM IN THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES

mac1911

NES Member
Does anyone have any info on this 5.56 made by ADCOM in UAE? 350.00 case price. on clips individual sealed packs.

The old stuff (62 grain I think)was inconsistent accuracy wise,I had FTF's,Stovepipes and duds.It used to sit on ammo shelves untouched in gunstores across the nation..until the prices started to go up a few years ago.

Maybe the new stuff (if it is new ) is better.Other people here may have had better luck with the stuff,but this was my experience with it..I'm glad i only bought a few boxes rather than the standard 1K I usually buy.

If it was me,I would spend the extra $20.00 and get Federal.

Adcom

I bought a bunch when it hit the market. They sold it as "Mil-Spec" ammo, and mine was packed in 20 rd. boxes (tan or yellow in color). I looked forward to this Mil-Spec ammo, but was let down by the lack of Quality Control. I found numerous rounds with bent necks, split necks, deformed brass, bullet crimp issues and several other problems. I still have some and have to inspect every single round before loading. I never found it appealing and would never buy it again... because I paid a premium price at the time. Really thumbs down.

I bought a case of it a few years ago, and still have most of it. I don't recall any problems with it. I didn't like the idea of buying ammo from the Arabs though.

I bought a case of it a few years ago, and still have most of it. I don't recall any problems with it. I didn't like the idea of buying ammo from the Arabs though.

Yeah, I'm the same way with Russian ammo as well...Now Wolf, Brown bear, et al....

The cost savings to me is not worth the fact that money pumping into these Russian factories does little more than help them manufacture ammunition that winds up being used against our own forces...Plus, after seeing a $2500.00 FS2000 hemmed up at the Independence Day NES Shoot after a round of 5.45x39 was mixed into a fresh box of Barnaul, I'm even more all set...

Screw the UAE and screw Russia....

I plowed through about 2K rounds of ADCOM in '06. Zero malfunctions. I have not ever seen the stuff since. I know that one or two of the years of manufacture had some serious issues. I do not recall what year headstamp those were though.

Recent update:
So I sorted some more of this ADCOM ammo for the mere reason of getting rid of it. I hand sorted 220 rds, with a 31% failure rate or 68 bad rds. The reasons for failure are OAL, split necks, cracks in brass, creases in neck and case body, dents, dings, cosmetic paint or primer sealant smears and actual cracks in the bullets. Again confirmation that this ammo is the worst that I have ever come across and exhibits no QC.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE

PSA Complete

Back
Top Bottom