• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mare's Leg

Steve McQueen is apparently why the Mare's Leg is so popular:

BTW, @hillman, I happen to have a Henry .357 Mare's Leg in stock - take a drive up to Starksboro if you want to take a look at it. [smile] [mg]

Some years ago at North Leominster Rod & Gun's monthly pin shoot, NESer's Attila and Luv2BFree shot it out against each other. Attila with the world's most unreliable Rossi Mare's Leg (that he'd JUST gotten back from Rossi supposedly repaired) and Luv2BFree with arguably the WORST Ruger ever built, the first generation LC9.

Here's the results. (BTW... those who have known me for many years will understand why I happen to have this video. [smile])

Ok, I admit it, I don't understand how Mare's Leg pistol, I guess it's a pistol, came to be a thing. Was someone holding a lever action rifle and thought "Man, this thing is waaaay too big. I'm gonna cut it down. Pistol grip?
The origonal out of the west was basically something like that, took a full size and chopped the stock. Hense, no pistol grip.

Makes sense, when I was just a young gun owner the first thing I did when shooting MFS's Mares leg was to shoulder it, probably what would have been done in the west.

I know better now, but if the apocalypse came I'd shoulder again without hesitation, and for that I think it's slightly better than the pistol grip alternative.

Actually, what is the NFA rule if you wanted to put a stock on one? Be a nice home defense gun.
Pretty sure it becomes an SBR and you need a tax stamp.

In other countries, no problem:

I got one a couple years ago. Mostly as a novelty. But it's actually really fun. And they make cool holsters for larping around my house like I'm in red dead redemption
Are those holsters speedo compatible?

If they are, I am buying one.

Does anyone know if I can re-chamber that to a fun caliber?

Are those holsters speedo compatible?

If they are, I am buying one.

Does anyone know if I can re-chamber that to a fun caliber?
Your question is kinda like asking if my chaps are assless. They all are! Same with holster compatibility

Pistols can be rifles but rifles need to be sbr's isn't it?
I think once you make it a rifle, it needs to have a 16" barrel.

I have read soemthing about that with the Contenders.

I got one a couple years ago. Mostly as a novelty. But it's actually really fun. And they make cool holsters for larping around my house like I'm in red dead redemption

I was going to say that you really just liked running around in your backyard in chaps. But then you posted this:

Your question is kinda like asking if my chaps are assless. They all are! Same with holster compatibility

So now it's confirmed.

1. Start thread on NES
2. Wait for thread to turn into assless chaps thread.
3. Profit?
You should buy one of his tactical chaps.
Stylish and functional. You will get all the .40 owners.

---------------

Back on topic ...

I am liking this, I wish they made one in 45/70, but might have to settle for a 357 ... or maybe a 44 mag and a 44mag revolver to match it.

You should buy one of his tactical chaps.
Stylish and functional. You will get all the .40 owners.

---------------

Back on topic ...

I am liking this, I wish they made one in 45/70, but might have to settle for a 357 ... or maybe a 44 mag and a 44mag revolver to match it.
My understanding is that Anthony Imperato is into fun ideas... maybe you can convince Henry to make you a custom one?

My understanding is that Anthony Imperato is into fun ideas... maybe you can convince Henry to make you a custom one?
No way Henry would make me a custom one.
It would be easier to pay a gunsmith to cut a rifle and turn it into an SBR. Lol, it would probably hold 3 rounds.

Back
Top Bottom