Market in the toilet who’s buying?

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
How? The dip was due to missing new subscriber quota, but it wasn't too far off. Too many panic sellers. The fundamentals are super strong. All time high was 700.
I'm gonna keep a close eye and buy hard when it hits the floor.
I think it already hit the floor. I dont see it going anywhere below $350.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
How? The dip was due to missing new subscriber quota, but it wasn't too far off. Too many panic sellers. The fundamentals are super strong. All time high was 700.

Tech stocks are down 40-50% since the Fed started the taper talk. Is the taper talk over? You'll get huge bear market rallies in stocks like NFLX. I'd sell if you get one.

Mark from MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I don’t know, Germany offered helmets to Ukraine. Way to stand up to Russia, guys! [laugh]

‘The behavior of the German government leaves me speechless. The defense ministry apparently hasn’t realized that we are confronted with perfectly equipped Russian forces that can start another invasion of Ukraine at any time. What kind of support will Germany send next, pillows?’

— Kyiv Mayor Vitali Klitschko
Considering 70% of Germanys energy comes from the new russian pipeline, probably the only approved by Biden pipeline.............

Germany aint doing shit for sanctions or help.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Lately here is the market…

Have breakfast….buy..buy..buy

Have lunch. Sell..sell…sell

Today (and tomorrow) is really the response to the Fed meeting. The movements immediately after a Fed announcement are usually a head fake.

This stock market has been living off Fed easy policy for years, now that's going away, so it's struggling to find another reason to go up.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
That guy that bought like $1bn of Netflix stock, already made $70M (before broker commission and taxes).

His hedge fund had to disclose the purchase, not when or at what price. Since he couldn't buy 3 million shares at once without moving the share price, he had to buy it over a period of days. So he could still be under water. There's no way he could buy 3 million shares at the recent bottom. Plus the reason it's up today is cause of news of his own purchase. That effect won't last long. A lot of other tech stocks are getting killed today.

I like my burger medium well.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Last edited:

Mark from MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Still too early.....I think there is more downside to go......

I think 20% off the high on the S&p500 (around 3850) is a good short term buy since there will be tons of support there. But I don’t think 20% will be enough to get the Fed to change course this time, it’ll take a break below that level heading for 30% down.

murf4321

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I believe the drop was moreso due to the CEO essentially halving projected new subscriber estimates for 2022, but I didn’t look at the full earnings release.

Mark from MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
The Fed already said they're going to raise interest rates in mid March
Yes,...not again...but for the first time.......but they SHOULD have raised them already....... and I thought that was baked in already.....evidently its not...... which is really fxcking annoying.

Why does the market now think it will get free money and no interest rate rises forever, while inflation is fxcking retarded. The fed doesn't care right now how low the market goes to a point.....they are trying to get inflation under control.

Consumer spending and durable goods orders are off......also bad news. This just in......people will not buy overpriced shit if they don't have to (at least with the free money train turned off) ......and the thinking is inflation will go down 2nd half......maybe holding off on their purchases.

Last edited:

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Yes,...not again...but for the first time.......but they SHOULD have raised them already....... and I thought that was baked in already.....evidently its not...... which is really fxcking annoying.

Why does the market now think it will get free money and no interest rate rises forever, while inflation is fxcking retarded. The fed doesn't care right now how low the market goes to a point.....they are trying to get inflation under control.

Consumer spending and durable goods orders are off......also bad news. This just in......people will not buy overpriced shit if they don't have to (at least with the free money train turned off) ......and the thinking is inflation will go down 2nd half......maybe holding off on their purchases.

I think the market doesn't believe the Fed is going to do more than token raises - since that's all they've been able to do the last couple rate hike cycles.

Retail investors still seem to be in Buy All Dips mode, but institutional money is selling their shares to retail.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Every chart I look at shows 40% downside from here. Been doing this since '98, seen my share of bubbles. Posted my first two comma trade on GME here a year ago and have been cautious ever since, as this reminds me of the first months of 2000.
Chart phag here. A lot of names are looking like a pretty good copy of the nasdaq top in 2000. I mentioned FB a few days ago in one of these threads

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I think the stock market is setting a trap for the Buy All Dips crowd, rallying to make them think their strategy is still good to go.

I'm not long or short general stocks so don't really care, but with high inflation, slowing GDP and tapering Fed, the ice is very thin under stocks.

Maybe the stock market thinks the Fed has its back, but that won't happen til there's a significant selloff.

Top Bottom