• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

marlbobo sept 24 / 25

worse...if possible

let's make a poll for the highest priced pre-ban "assault rifle"

i say $5k, if they're even allowed in the door.

I am staying far away from that show....unless I am bored....then maybe I will go to watch all the crazies.

How crazy do you think it's going to be there? This will be my first gun show ever, what should I expect and should i show up at like 7 am?

Got the flyer the other day too.....but can't imagine many deals this time around. But, if you're bored and have nothing going on it's worth a trip for jerky [smile]

Not to sound paranoid but I would not be surprised if the AG sent "agents" into there. Looking for people using the (drum roll) "Gun Show Loophole".

Not to sound paranoid but I would not be surprised if the AG sent "agents" into there. Looking for people using the (drum roll) "Gun Show Loophole".

Given what's going on with the AG, I'd give you 90/10 odds of that happening at the MA gun shows. Perhaps working with local DAs to prosecute dealers or threaten such to confiscate FFLs (they probably don't really want a court case, too risky).

MK-Tek Holster will be at Marlboro showing off some new holster models. Stop by and say hi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a wake and niece arriving that weekend. Send a messenger pigeon if you see an FR-8

If I see an FR-8 for a decent price I'm buying it.

While these shows are a bad place to pick up hot items like a pre-ban AR, they can be great if you're looking for an old Mauser or hunting rifle.

If I see an FR-8 for a decent price I'm buying it.

While these shows are a bad place to pick up hot items like a pre-ban AR, they can be great if you're looking for an old Mauser or hunting rifle.

*GASP* I've found one of the other 7 people on the planet who like the FR-8!

How is this show for private sales, typically? I'm planning to attend and try to find a couple of firearms that people online are really price gouging.

How is this show for private sales, typically? I'm planning to attend and try to find a couple of firearms that people online are really price gouging.

what do you mean private sales? Its a hall full of dealer tables.

what do you mean private sales? Its a hall full of dealer tables.

There still typically people looking to make private sales at these events. Some events make it easier for people to find each other than others.

gotcha. Well these are pretty much a mob scene

Ah. I'm used to a different sort of trade show where we typically have a board where people can post ads and others can go to check them out. I was hoping for something like that. Guess this isn't what I was hoping for.

Internet price gouging, here I come!

Ah. I'm used to a different sort of trade show where we typically have a board where people can post ads and others can go to check them out. I was hoping for something like that. Guess this isn't what I was hoping for.

Internet price gouging, here I come!

yeah I've never seen something like that at either the Marlboro or Wilmington shows. Check out the local shops' websites, you may find it in their used list. You'd be surprised what pops up.

Color me curious, I may go just to see what's on the tables after our AG's re"interpretation" of the law.

Gee now that I think about it, maybe maura should be invited to the show to explain herself? Then we can all sit down for a meet and greet, I'll bring the feathers [grin]

I'll be watching for reports as I'm teaching a MA Gun Law Seminar on Saturday and maybe doing some shooting afterwards, plus some house repairs being done on Sunday, so even though I'm curious I won't be making this show.

I will be there. Mostly to support the gun shows in MA in general, and to get a rifle bag from that dude who brings them I think from PA or WV.

There still typically people looking to make private sales at these events. Some events make it easier for people to find each other than others.
Ms Maura? Is that you? [thinking]

Expect no more than 1 or 2 people walking around with a rifle or scope or some other item in hand trying to make a F-T-F private sale. That's about it in my experience. The DimocRAT's infamous "Gun Show Loophole" hasn't made a guest appearance here for as long as I can remember.

Color me curious, I may go just to see what's on the tables after our AG's re"interpretation" of the law.

I will be there. Mostly to support the gun shows in MA in general, and to get a rifle bag from that dude who brings them I think from PA or WV.
This and this. Label me curious if you must but I want to see firsthand what life is going to be like in nutcase Ms Maura's brave new tyrannical, anti-Constitutional Massachusetts. Wouldn't miss this one for the world even despite some of the crazed goings on by show management (against one dealer in particular) at the last couple shows. [thinking]

Gee now that I think about it, maybe maura should be invited to the show to explain herself? Then we can all sit down for a meet and greet, I'll bring the feathers [grin]

I'm sure her minions will be there undercover.

Back
Top Bottom