• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro 1/30-1/31

With the Foxboro show being the week after, I think I'm going to pass on Marlboro this time around. 1st Marlboro show I've missed in ages.

Anybody else trading Foxboro for Marlboro?

The one in Foxboro is at Demetri's on route 1. I have only been in there once when it was called one of the several previous name's. I don't think that show will be that big.

The one in Foxboro is at Demetri's on route 1. I have only been in there once when it was called one of the several previous name's. I don't think that show will be that big.

325 tables and it used to sell out. I will be there Saturday morning working a table for Mansfield Fish & Game Club, offering a special deal on memberships (more later).

Dealers used to rate this show as the best one. When the venue was sold to anti-gunners, Marlboro became the new and best venue. We'll have to see how this one pans out.

Can someone provide a link with more information about both shows?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!
Anyone know which show is better?

Or is Foxboro the same, just smaller?

Last edited:
1st post!! newbie here. just took the basic firearm course and getting my paperwork together to apply for ltc. I live a few towns over from Marlboro so hoping to check out the show and see what feels good in my hand.

Thanks!
Anyone know which show is better?

Or is Foxboro the same, just smaller?

Cuz What you looking for? Guns are usually priced high. Alright if looking for accessories or some small parts, Ammo can be hit or miss on price depending on which ammo venders show up.
Basicly every gun show is a crap shoot. I went to Plymouth when powder was scarce and got 12lbs at a very fair price, yet I have gone and seen full retard pricing on other stuff that had no reason to be priced so high. Lower your expectations and enjoy the jerky is how I look at a show, Anything else is a suprise

Last edited:
1st post!! newbie here. just took the basic firearm course and getting my paperwork together to apply for ltc. I live a few towns over from Marlboro so hoping to check out the show and see what feels good in my hand.

Be aware that some vendors require you to show ltc before you can fondle the goods

Be aware that some vendors require you to show ltc before you can fondle the goods

This is true for most of them. There is usually one vendor at the shows that has a big board with a couple dozen guns which are tethered to the board that lets anyone handle them.

Cuz What you looking for?

I'm never looking for anything in particular other than to kill a couple hours wandering around. I bring no expectations to a gun show. I always keep an eye out for lefty holsters, AR parts that catch my eye, and any other accessories that I had no idea I wanted until I saw it. I very rarely look at actual guns anymore. I've seen/fondled them all already.

I'm going to pass on Marlboro and try to get to the Foxboro show. It's at least 30 min closer.

I will be working the two Hopkinton Sportsmens / USPSA tables at the show, probably at our usual location on the right rear of the building near the overpriced food.

This is true for most of them. There is usually one vendor at the shows that has a big board with a couple dozen guns which are tethered to the board that lets anyone handle them.

I dont see a problem with this. Am I missing something

- - - Updated - - -

Would yhis be the time to get a reloading press? How much of a savings usually? Never been to a show clearly

No, you don't want to buy a reloading press at a gun show. You want to buy a Dillon press from the Brian Enos forum.

Does anyone know the price to get a lower engraved at the show?

I emailed Harry at GNW and he quoted me 25 bucks for NFA engraving. Awesome price if it meets NFA requirements. The only pictures I can find dont look like NFA engraving. He also said the best quality engraving would be done at the shop with the better setup.

Back
Top Bottom