• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro 1/30-1/31

Yeah, guns aren't allowed into the show. You can check them. I didn't see anyone getting wanded or patted down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to check my magazines at the door. No biggie. Gun went back into the holster and I picked up my mags on the way out.

Why do people give up their guns?
If they aren't patting you down, just say no to any questions and keep walking.

Sent from my C6530 using Tapatalk

Place was packed when we arrived around 10:30a. Couldn't even move in the aisles. It was getting pretty hot and smelly until someone finally turned on the AC (around 1:00p). One of the guys I was with picked up an RIA 1911 commander size for $450 new. I didn't see anything that tickled my fancy. My buddy Jeff with the BPD guns showed me his latest acquisitions. Good way to kill a morning (and then eat lunch at Wendy's).

Awfully busy, (over)crowded show. Didn't see any empty spaces or empty tables so I assume it was a vendor sell-out too. Arrived quite late in the morning and still the line was long outside. I almost turned around to go home, but with one extra ticket seller inside, the line moved somewhat faster than in the past. Didn't buy a whole lot but got done what I set out to accomplish despite the huge crowd.

Not one of the best Marlboro shows for me. There were a few dealers that weren't there including the guy who sells all the vintage inert ordnance.

Talking to a few people I heard there was a crack down on post ban magazines and people were going around checking tables. Not sure if it was true or not but it wouldn't surprise me.

Only decent deals I saw were a couple of M1 Carbines under $600 and a 10/22 for $180. I didn't look at many handguns but did see some nice high end rifles here and there including a table with a handful of Valmets and another dealer with a nicely priced Daewoo.

I ended up with jerky and a case of non corrosive 7.62x54r.

Talking to a few people I heard there was a crack down on post ban magazines and people were going around checking tables. Not sure if it was true or not but it wouldn't surprise me.

If this is true, I'm glad. Many greedy vendors do it intentionally for the extra $$ and I'd hate for someone to face a felony charge due to lack of knowledge, plus being suckered by paying much more than they were worth.

It's also a felony for the dealer to sell them and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if a few got jacked up over it. They are almost all out-of-staters who legally can't sell (or possess) even legit pre-ban mags in MA due to our laws.

I made the mistake of getting there around 9:15am and the line was all the way down the parking lot that turned and went almost to the back of the building. I figured what the hell, I was there already. Ended up meeting a guy who belonged to the same gun club and had a good conversation about shooting as we spent a half hour in line. Did move pretty fast, which was good.

Overall the show was packed and there was an extra row of tables on the left side. The usual vendors were there and again as usual just about everything priced pretty high. I did pick up a few boxes of ammo from one of the guys selling older ammo in a big pile, but that was pretty much it. Spent some time talking to Mike, Dave and Bob at the Hopkinton table. Great group of guys. I had a few things I was looking for but didn't see anything in a price range I'd want.

So after I left I headed over to Holliston Firearms on the way home. After looking around I left with a pretty nice S&W M&P-15 Sport II at a price cheaper then anyone selling them at the show. Great place and Mark is a pretty nice guy. Definitely good customer service.

Not one of the best Marlboro shows for me. There were a few dealers that weren't there including the guy who sells all the vintage inert ordnance.

I saw several hi cap post bans on display including two aftermarket Glock 33 rounders, one 9mm and one .40. I picked up the 9mm and asked if it was preban and the dealer said he didn't know. Then he pulled out a bag from under the table filled with preban U notch and offered to sell me them for $70 a pop. He had a bunch.

I saw several hi cap post bans on display including two aftermarket Glock 33 rounders, one 9mm and one .40. I picked up the 9mm and asked if it was preban and the dealer said he didn't know. Then he pulled out a bag from under the table filled with preban U notch and offered to sell me them for $70 a pop. He had a bunch.

If they were pre ban 33 round Glock stick mags for $70...

Was the engraver guy there?

Yes. Roughly in the middle of the room.

One of my friends asked me to keep an eye out for some preban 40rd AK mags. I saw a few on a table in the back left. The bin was marked "Rumanian" but the woman behind the table claimed they were prebans from England.

I was on the phone with my friend describing them, and someone came over to me and cautioned me that they weren't preban. Exit stage left from that table!

Yes. Roughly in the middle of the room.

One of my friends asked me to keep an eye out for some preban 40rd AK mags. I saw a few on a table in the back left. The bin was marked "Rumanian" but the woman behind the table claimed they were prebans from England.

I was on the phone with my friend describing them, and someone came over to me and cautioned me that they weren't preban. Exit stage left from that table!

The guy with the 33 rounders said they were from England too. His table was just right of the entrance.

Was the engraver guy there?

Which "engraver guy"? There has been a Asian guy doing laser engraving the last few shows. The guy doing the "hand engraving" hasn't been there in a while. Last I heard, he moved out of state.

Is this show bigger than the Sturbridge host show?
And how big is it compared to other shows?

Back
Top Bottom