• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro 1/30-1/31

Most of the guns were wayyyy overpriced. That said, I did see a gem 2 Glock 27 for ~ $575, which I thought was pretty good.

Is this show bigger than the Sturbridge host show?
Yes. [grin] Way bigger, way better (unless you are heavy into antiques).

And how big is it compared to other shows?
It's roughly tied with Wilmington for the biggest shows in MA... but that varies somewhat by date. This weekend's Marlboro show is an unusually full and busy one.

Anybody know how much it cost to get in to the show

thanks

$12. If you have the $1 off coupon, then only $11.

- - - Updated - - -

I made the mistake of getting there around 9:15am and the line was all the way down the parking lot that turned and went almost to the back of the building. I figured what the hell, I was there already. Ended up meeting a guy who belonged to the same gun club and had a good conversation about shooting as we spent a half hour in line. Did move pretty fast, which was good.

Overall the show was packed and there was an extra row of tables on the left side. The usual vendors were there and again as usual just about everything priced pretty high. I did pick up a few boxes of ammo from one of the guys selling older ammo in a big pile, but that was pretty much it. Spent some time talking to Mike, Dave and Bob at the Hopkinton table. Great group of guys. I had a few things I was looking for but didn't see anything in a price range I'd want.

So after I left I headed over to Holliston Firearms on the way home. After looking around I left with a pretty nice S&W M&P-15 Sport II at a price cheaper then anyone selling them at the show. Great place and Mark is a pretty nice guy. Definitely good customer service.

If you don't mind me asking, how much for the M&P-15 Sport II?

I'm sitting out front now. There is no line. I'm waiting for a friend to arrive-breaking in a newbie. I think he thinks I was serious when I told him not to shower for three days.

the stench drove me out of there after 30 minutes... kind of a mix of jerky/smoked meat, mold/mildew, and unwashed human... that said, I have been to shows where it was far worse...[puke]

was the guy with the chest strap holster that held the big ass DE there?

Yes, he is right next to the Hopkinton Sportsmen's table.

Not bad show, I didn't buy any guns so I signed up 5 years with GOAL 3 years NRA and a intro to idpa class at Hopkinton

Actually, it is an intro to USPSA but 90% of what you learn will be applicable to IDPA as well. I shoot both. You're sure to enjoy it.

Things I saw at the gunshow today:

1. Overpriced Mosin
2. 350lb man telling someone he was ready for the zombie apocalypse
3. Fake Nazi Swag
4. Jerky
5. Camo, so much camo
6. Glock Tattoo
7. Asian with the trigger discipline of Rambo
8. 6 year old with a new crossbow
9. Bad 80% lower advice
10. 300% markup Anderson lowers.
11. Dodgey Reloads
12. Op3r8tr Circlejerk
13. Double Dipper at the Sauce table
14. ".45 is a high speed round that expands when it hits"
15. Someone's new purchase paperwork liberally dumped on the floor.

It is about this point I called "Bingo" and went home.

1. Overpriced Mosin
3. Fake Nazi Swag
4. Jerky
5. Camo, so much camo
6. Glock Tattoo
9. Bad 80% lower advice
11. Dodgey Reloads
12. Op3r8tr Circlejerk

Lol, sounds like a typical gun show

1. Overpriced Mosin
3. Fake Nazi Swag
4. Jerky
5. Camo, so much camo
6. Glock Tattoo
9. Bad 80% lower advice
11. Dodgey Reloads
12. Op3r8tr Circlejerk

Nothing like a good time. [thinking]

Surprisingly, I only bought 4 punches and 2 pairs of socks....but I did jot down info on 2 Colt 1911's and an older mouse gun I liked but I'm at my gun budget for November 2016 at the moment....still a fun time.

Yes. Roughly in the middle of the room.

One of my friends asked me to keep an eye out for some preban 40rd AK mags. I saw a few on a table in the back left. The bin was marked "Rumanian" but the woman behind the table claimed they were prebans from England.

I was on the phone with my friend describing them, and someone came over to me and cautioned me that they weren't preban. Exit stage left from that table!

They're friggan AK mags.... good luck proving provenance unless they're plastic and have mold clocks on them....

If this is true, I'm glad. Many greedy vendors do it intentionally for the extra $$ and I'd hate for someone to face a felony charge due to lack of knowledge, plus being suckered by paying much more than they were worth.

It's also a felony for the dealer to sell them and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if a few got jacked up over it. They are almost all out-of-staters who legally can't sell (or possess) even legit pre-ban mags in MA due to our laws.

I'm not, I don't like dealers lying to people/blowing smoke but I think buyers should be free to make their own decisions. A crackdown would mean suddenly every dealer starts turtling and the "chilling effect" will take the legit stuff with it and jack the prices of the few that display it. It's a net loss for the consumer... Look at what is happening with the CMR940 BS... Net result is less glocks in the marketplace, even exempt LEO sales because distis are getting panicky and dumb.

ETA: Fun example of this is mag bins, haven't seen too many at MA gun shows these days but they used to
exist before Obamascare/sandy hookmaster BS came along. You were free to paw through the bins and buy what you wanted. Under a post-crackdown situation, the entire bins are going to disappear and never be seen ever again. Vendors will just keep that stuff for other states rather than risk even displaying any of it here, even if 90% of the bin is <10 round mags.

-Mike

Last edited:
Mike,

I understand your point and agree with your conclusion if there was a crackdown.

However, the many scumbag dealers who lie to customers and convince them to buy felonies really burns my ass. If someone is aware that a mag is illegal and chooses to buy it anyway, that's on him. But most folks don't know what is and isn't legal and rely on the bad info of the greedy scumbag dealer scamming them, that I have a problem with. Regardless, I'm not about to turn any of them in.

There had to be almost a dozen ruger precision rifles....$1400 though

- - - Updated - - -

There was just a group buy for $50 with transfer fee not too long ago

Meanwhile, MFS has RPR's for $975. Yeah, the lowers were probably the most egregious example of gouging there, though certainly not the only one.

Back
Top Bottom