Marlboro 9/25-9/26

lowbuckbob

NES Member
I didn't see any other threads for this show so I figured I'd start one. My buddy and I went this morning. Got there about 10:30 and there was a wicked long line but the line did move so it wasn't too long a wait. There are a great many of the usual vendors missing and large open sections and an expansion of the dining area. The AC was on pretty cool and the air was moving so BO was almost non-existent. A lot fewer gun vendors and what was there was over-priced. Tombstone had probably the most reasonable prices I saw. Ammo prices were pretty ridiculous. Lots of knives and paraphernalia. Still a nice way to kill a couple of hours. My buddy picked up a couple of mags and a handmade knife. Nothing struck my fancy so I went home with money in my pocket.

Oh, I forgot - sign on the front door said "masks optional for vaccinated" so guess what, hardly anyone was wearing one.

Last edited:

I didn't see any other threads for this show so I figured I'd start one. My buddy and I went this morning. Got there about 10:30 and there was a wicked long line but the line did move so it wasn't too long a wait. There are a great many of the usual vendors missing and large open sections and an expansion of the dining area. The AC was on pretty cool and the air was moving so BO was almost non-existent. A lot fewer gun vendors and what was there was over-priced. Tombstone had probably the most reasonable prices I saw. Ammo prices were pretty ridiculous. Lots of knives and paraphernalia. Still a nice way to kill a couple of hours. My buddy picked up a couple of mags and a handmade knife. Nothing struck my fancy so I went home with money in my pocket.

Oh, I forgot - sign on the front door said "masks optional for vaccinated" so guess what, hardly anyone was wearing one.
Tombstone was one of the higher priced vendors I saw.
The best selection and deals were from the guys with the wire racks full of AKs and ARs. Still a little more than what I'd like to pay but the best selection of the show. Glock frames at a price I almost snatched up.
Ammo prices were into the stratosphere because the NY crew had it all. I guess no one else could get any to sell, but local shops near me beat the prices by a lot.

did anyone catch a glimpse of that notorious "loophole" that is purported to exist at these things???
I did. I saw a highpoint carbine for 800. So obviously I immediately jumped on it. Then the guy said I would fill out some forms so I asked others and they told me to use the loophole. So after much investigation I walked out without anything. Thank God for the loophole.

Almost as legit as the poophole loophole

The Marlbough show was my first gunshow in 2 years, knew the prices would be insane and they were. Nice to see smith log smokehouse there with jerky, bought a pound and there was at least a 1/4 cup of oil soaking thru the bag! very disappointed in their quality downturn, with the passing of George the book seller & Don Valenta's wife then Glen Sorenson not doing the show there were none of my 'go to' tables at the show. Nice to see the return of GS's but will stick with the NH and Maine shows, we're still trying to plan a Fort Constitution show.

I did. I saw a highpoint carbine for 800. So obviously I immediately jumped on it. Then the guy said I would fill out some forms so I asked others and they told me to use the loophole. So after much investigation I walked out without anything. Thank God for the loophole.

Almost as legit as the poophole loophole
Loophole?

Back
Top Bottom