Marlboro, Best Western Royal Plaza - 9/20-21

Met a bunch of NES people at the show, can't remember all of ya. Sorry for being in such a rush namedpipes but I had a deal going on [smile]. Glad to see Ray, he had a nice bag of Karma ammo for me wich was just awesome! And sorry to have missed you wiskey, I will get this bayonet to you somehow.
I did manage to get some goodies at the show. I bought a Chinese SKS that some guy was toting around in a baby stroller for $210 and it looks like it is in nice shape. A 700 round spam can of ammo from the NY guys and a 1000 round case of Wolf MC for $200 even from another vendor.

Now, I lost the slip and can not for the life of me remember the store name, any idea anyone? I want to take a look again at them and they are now on the short list for a upper and whatever I can swing at the time. He mentioned they would be at the Big E and hoped we could meet there with the correct part.

Taugwank Spur Corp.

bought a springfield 1911 a1 from a gentleman who promised it was legally owned by a MA resident :) this was my first show.

Last edited:
Was there today with #1 son. I picked up some ammo, including mini-shot shells, some cleaning patches, and a 2x red-dot and light/laser unit from the guy from PA. I saw BillK at a distance, but didn't recognize anyone else.

Met a bunch of NES people at the show, can't remember all of ya. Sorry for being in such a rush namedpipes but I had a deal going on [smile]. Glad to see Ray, he had a nice bag of Karma ammo for me wich was just awesome! And sorry to have missed you wiskey, I will get this bayonet to you somehow.
I did manage to get some goodies at the show. I bought a Chinese SKS that some guy was toting around in a baby stroller for $210 and it looks like it is in nice shape. A 700 round spam can of ammo from the NY guys and a 1000 round case of Wolf MC for $200 even from another vendor.

Saw that SKS and told the guy it was a rare arsenal code and he should lower his price. He had no idea what he really had there. Glad you got the deal.
The 700 round tins of Romanian 7.62x39 was a good score!
All in all I think you had the best gun show experience out of anyone from here. Congrats.[cheers]

Last edited:
If I had the money, I would be the owner of that SKS right now, congratulations on a great gun - take care of her [crying] I managed to leave with a few things, but no gun - a shame and an accomplishment all at the same time. Good to see those I bumped into!

I saw BillK at a distance, but didn't recognize anyone else.

Not too hard to miss me, I said I was going to be there with the Browns Seafood shirt, and the long ass goat tee...[smile]

I thought I saw some NES members at a distance too, I'll catch you guys at the next few NES events in the next two months.

I did pick up a Chiness SKS stock, the reason? You will see.......[devil2] (Go ahead laugh Dench...lol)

Last edited:
Saw that SKS and told the guy it was a rare arsenal code and he should lower his price. He had no idea what he really had there. Glad you got the deal.
The 700 round tins of Romanian 7.62x39 was a good score!
All in all I think you had the best gun show experience out of anyone from here. Congrats.[cheers]
Thanks!
I don't know about the best. I saw what Fred was looking at and man was it sweet.
And to tell ya the truth, I have no idea what the SKS was worth in the first place. I just liked it and didn't have one of those yet (Chinese made). Now I have this latest one, a Russian and a Yugo [smile] I got the bug !!
I am going to look up some info on the SKS and see what it is that I really bought [wink]

Best stuff was speaking with GOAL and grabbing a sticker for the truck and eating some jerky.

Who was there at the GOAL table? Last I was told (on Friday), they had no coverage for Sunday until the end of the day, when Jim was going to stop by and take down the stuff and bring it back to the office.

Who was there at the GOAL table? Last I was told (on Friday), they had no coverage for Sunday until the end of the day, when Jim was going to stop by and take down the stuff and bring it back to the office.

Jim and a women I don't know were there from at least 1000 to 1230 when we left.

See post # 74 - COMPETITION!!!!

There had to be at least a dozen other vendors at the show selling ammo.

I though the same thing at first but even ammo no one else had was priced well like the Romanian 7.62x39 spam cans. They could have probably gotten $150- $160 for them.

I though the same thing at first but even ammo no one else had was priced well like the Romanian 7.62x39 spam cans. They could have probably gotten $150- $160 for them.

yes, 140 for romanian spam was good. BUT did you catch the ONE can of Chinese X39 at another table for the same price [wink]

i was very impressed with the show. especially each tables sale of ammo. this compared to the W Springfield ( Big E ) show with the ammo tent

i only got some mags and small items. but i walked some people through buying/Building AR's. in the end the best selection was from Taugwank Spur Corp. (AKA Agawam Auto Sport) which is my local shop. im sure my friends thought i was playing the good ol boy game. but all the other AR's were 1,000+ and the only other source of lowers i saw was also a local shop to me

For my first show.. I was KIND of disapointed. I guess I had hoped to see more modern stuff for sale..... choices I thought were slim. The ammo prices were intersting mixed bag, but not wanting to haul thousands of rounds, I didnt spend much more than 25 dollars... all on 1911 parts and cleaning brushes. Still... for 10 bucks it killed 2 hours... and for that amount of time at the range i would have smoked at least 100 dollars in ammo... so.. LOL

Like I've said before...

If you go to a gun show EXPECTING to find something, you WILL be disappointed. You have to set your expectations pretty low, and then once in awhile, you might be surprised. When I go, I do it just for the
hell of it.

If you're hell bent on buying particular items you're better off putting the admission fee into your gas tank and then driving to any number of your favorite gun dealers on the same day. [laugh]

-Mike

Why thank you! I took it to the range the next morning and had a blast with it!

why bother? 80% of the people there today stunk. . . I was behind a guy that i think shit his pants, I had to leave the table, and when i returned someone was purchasing what I was looking at.

So, young lady (if you're in here) I hope you enjoy the beretta cx4 storm. It was a good buy

I was at the show Saturday morning with Shortey after we swung through Worcester to pick up some .223 I found posted in the classifieds. The .223 (360 rounds of NIB Lellier & Bellot and PMC for $90) was the first deal of the day.

Like many of you, I go into shows with low expectations, so the day actually worked out very well for us.

Was that the one for $499 with the shrouded barrel and vertical foregrip. If so I wen't back twice to look, but I'm trying to be less impulsive....no fun.

That was the second deal of the day (it was actually $495). It was Shortey’s first show since she got her license, and her first impulse buy (first of many, I’m sure). With the barrel shroud the thing looks pretty bad ass - I can’t say I discouraged the purchase. I’ve been bugging her to post a range report and pictures, but she hasn’t gotten around to it yet. But we both love the thing – our first two 15 round mags resulted in baseball sized one-holes at 25 yards.

I also saw an S&WPD w/tactical rail for $650. Almost walked away with that, but since Shortey’s gone 9mm and the group buy is coming up, I couldn’t convince myself it was worth buying another 1911 (I know, I know). Saw a couple other things I liked (Colt Delta, Springfield Omega, AR-10 and a couple M1As), but nothing with a price tag I could justify.

Otherwise, after walking around with it all day I was able to sell that M1 Carbine I’ve been trying to get rid of. It did come in handy, though – Joe R. recognized it and came over to chat. Otherwise, I didn’t run into any other members. I think the problem was I had my head down looking at the tables the entire time.

It was strange to walk INTO a gun show with a gun, and walk OUT without one... Looks like I won’t be able to make Springfield, but with the group buys on the horizon, maybe that’s a good thing…

Last edited:
Otherwise, I didn’t run into any other members. I think the problem was I had my head down looking at the tables the entire time.

You were wearing a brownish shirt, right? I saw the two of you off in the distance. You were looking down and never stopped by the GOAL table while I was there.

Glad the both of you made out with what you were looking for. SG, enjoy the new gun.

Otherwise, after walking around with it all day I was able to sell that M1 Carbine I’ve been trying to get rid of. It did come in handy, though – JoeT recognized it and came over to chat. Otherwise, I didn’t run into any other members. I think the problem was I had my head down looking at the tables the entire time.

It wasn't me that you talked to, it musta been some other short fat guy. Congrats on selling the M1. iirc that was priced fair too, but I just didn't "need" another M1

Excuse me, but I believe I was skipping and carrying it like a baby; I only got my license two weeks ago and it was my first purchase! [dance]

Yup, I saw you walking around with it too. You were beaming with joy so much the whole area was lit up. Have fun with it!

Back
Top Bottom