Marlboro Gun Show - Jan 28/29th 2006

So, I hear that we're getting another one come the end of the month.

With a new baby coming in the middle of the month, I don't know if I'm going to make it...but I would like to try.

Anyone else thinking about going to this one?

Well, I was going to go . . . until I found out that the Wine Expo was the same weekend in Boston. Working on getting free passes to same and thus may miss the gun show.

I really wanted to make the Marlboro show too, but usually refuse to go on Sundays as ~50% of the vendors either don't show the 2nd day or pack up by 1PM. We'll see what happens!

Marlboro show

I'll be at the USPSA/IPSC table - an dLen is right - things really slow down on Sunday.

Now, who is going to the Shot Show?

I will try to make this show...

Last time I got some .40S&W lead reloads from M&M reloads in NH. I have run out, and need to get some more...

That will be my main goal of going... But who knows what I will walk out with. [twisted]

Adam

I usually make the Marlboro show on saturday.
I don't have anything special in mind for a purchase. Just looking. I've spent a good chunk of change this year and don't want to get crazy with my wallet.
Any idea what we should be wearing to make our NES.com affiliation known? What's it been in the past?

Marlboro location?

I know that the location is a hotel on Rt 20 in Marlobor(ough) but does anyone know which one? I don't see it on the Gun Show schedule posted here.

Thanks.

Don't know about you, but I always seem to run into a slew of friends that I've not seen for a long time. Sometimes the socializing gets in the way of the browsing.
Yeah, decent rifles/pistols are a little pricey there, but I might come across something I can't live without.....and.......Hey, it's January and I need to get out and do somethin'.

Cledus J. Crabb said:
Don't know about you, but I always seem to run into a slew of friends that I've not seen for a long time. Sometimes the socializing gets in the way of the browsing.
Yeah, decent rifles/pistols are a little pricey there, but I might come across something I can't live without.....and.......Hey, it's January and I need to get out and do somethin'.

I've never paid what they asked for a rifle at a show. Always...ALWAYS...wheel and deal. And if you go by the table and make an offer, they say no. You go back like an hour later and they still have it, tell them the offer still stands.

Do that a few more times and you can almost get the price or close to what you were offering.

Re: Marlboro show

C-pher said:
Rob Boudrie said:
I'll be at the USPSA/IPSC table - and Len is right - things really slow down on Sunday.

Now, who is going to the Shot Show?

When is the Shot Show. CZ is going to unveil the price of their new rifle then and I would like to find out the cost.
The Shot Show is Feb 9-12, www.shotshow.org.

I just found round trip, fully refundable, tickets between Providence, RI (PVD) and Las Vegas for $177 including all fees. If you think you might go, it's worth grabbing one of these at www.southwestair.com before they sell their quota of cheap seats.

Although it is "open to the trade only", all it takes is a dealer willing to "send" you (have the dealer order your tickets at $15.). I've never seen them check "industry credentials" when selling the $50 tickets at the door either.

Old Friends

Cledus J. Crabb said:
My record was being spotted at the Shot Show in Las Vegas last year by the dealer whose shop I used to frequent in Rochester, NY 20+ years earlier.

Ill be at this show ... missed the last one in Marlborough.

I will have my N.E. Shooters shirt on!!!

I looked on their site but didn't see anything listed for Marlboro, MA? Not having been to a show before, are there any good deals to be had or I am just as well off looking online and going to my local shop?

Thanks!

Pat DiPrete does NOT come into MA for any of her gun shows. They are all in the Northern 3 states.

Marboro shows are run by the promoter from NY and she (Carole) doesn't believe in Email, Web or Internet!

The typical Marboro show is up to 500 tables at the Best Western Trade Center and it is held there 2x/year.

I never miss this show, or any other Mass. show for that matter [lol] . The best thing about this show is the ammo being sold inside by a few vendors you don't see elsewhere. This is just my second post but i'm sure theres been ammo availability in Massachusetts talk on here, I just haven't found it yet.
The show at the end of this month though is always a good place for ammo, especially oddball stuff like Albanian 7.62x54 which I just ran out of last week. Its the only ammo that doesn't give me sticky bolt syndrome in my 91/30 sniper. :D

What time does the show usually run until?...I have to work until 5pm on Saturday and all day Sunday, but I'd like to go...My luck is it probably closes down around 5:30-6:00pm Saturday, right?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.........Maybe, in truth, I saved you a stack of cash. I have the results of a few reckless buying impulses sitting in my safe. Sometimes, I wish I kept my money in my wallet.

Cledus J. Crabb said:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.........Maybe, in truth, I saved you a stack of cash. I have the results of a few reckless buying impulses sitting in my safe. Sometimes, I wish I kept my money in my wallet.

I know, I know...but I'd really like to go to a gun show...it's been too long.

Edited to add the fact that I love the jerky there.

Back
Top Bottom