Marlboro Gun Show - Jan 28/29th 2006

Let me translate the hours for everyone . . .

If it officially closes at 5PM, many dealers start packing up at 3PM and a fair percentage are MIA by 4PM. At 5PM exactly, Carole is throwing all attendees out of the building.

If it officially closes at 3PM (Sunday), change the above to 1PM and 2PM. Only difference is that Carole has hit the road at 3PM and doesn't care if you hang around later than that.

The Wilmington show is next month and thats usually a good one too, plus theres Jerky there. :D I can post the link to the smokehouse in Maine that makes that gun show jerky most of us have come to love.

Does the Marlboro show prohibit CCW within the show like the West Springfield Big E show does?

Yup, check it at the door. I usually just unload and leave the mag in the car, or just lock everything up in the car.

I don't know if I've been to a show that didn't check for firearms - is it just a New England (read "blue state") thing?

I'm sure the promoter's insurance company (or that of the facility) has something to do with it.

At the last Marlboro show, I wasn't asked. I simply unloaded in the car, holstered my gun and just didn't stop at the table to have my firearms checked/cleared and zip tied.

Adam

PistolPete said:
Where and when is the Wilmington show? Is it at the Shriners Auditoriom?

Yes, Shriners Auditorium (allegedly . . . it is NOT published in the list of events in my Aleppo Shrine newspaper however, so calling or asking at Marlboro might pay off).

I have it noted for Feb 18 & 19.

USMA-82 said:
Yup, check it at the door. I usually just unload and leave the mag in the car, or just lock everything up in the car.

I don't know if I've been to a show that didn't check for firearms - is it just a New England (read "blue state") thing?

I'm sure the promoter's insurance company (or that of the facility) has something to do with it.

When I was in Ohio, we had Bill Goodman's Gun and Knife show.
"Tell A Buddy, Bring a Friend"

http://www.gunshow.net/dayton-new.htm

They would clear your guns as well.

I'm going to probably meet Brent for a nice tasty brunch in Northboro that morning before heading in to the show. Adam you going?

I've only been on these forums for a little while but if I see anyone with a Northeast Shooters t shirt (i don't have one yet) i'll be sure to say hello and introduce myself. :D

Weather permitting, I will be there Saturday, working (volunteer) at the GOAL table (and doing some wandering around :) ). Please stop by the GOAL table and say hello.

ETA- Day I'll be at the show <doh>!

Look for the handsome lad wearing the "Sinclair International" cap with the "Square & Compasses" pinned to it. That'll be me. Chances are I'll have a kid or two in tow.
Whereas I've got a few other engagements lined up for Saturday. You'll see me out front early, waiting for the doors to open.
Scott

I think I talked Barb into taking a ride up Saturday morning with me :D I had to bribe her with breakfast but I think she just may go!

JonJ said:
I think I talked Barb into taking a ride up Saturday morning with me :D I had to bribe her with breakfast but I think she just may go!

Is Barb going to attend or go shopping in the area?

At any rate stop by and say "hi" at the GOAL table or find me wandering around if I'm not at the table.

She said that if she went, she'd go in this time. The last time she went, our daughter came too but they went shopping.
Oh ya, I'll be looking for you.

I think I will head to the show after my daughters dancing class, She might as well get started early( she is 3). So I sould be there a little after noon. I have to stop by the GOAL table and the USPSA table to say hi.

Work obligations have taken over for this weekend... i will no longer be attending... Have a great time !!!!

im going saturday morning. as long as Im not fricking working. there is an awesome breakfast joint in Marlboro, 'Jakes". If you can get a seat, I highly recommmend the Jakes Benedict.

Ill be in my super duper bright BLUE long sleeve tee.

Greg, whats your schedule?? Your the closest, no?

Garys said:
So how would we know each other? Well, for those of us that haven't met anyone on the forum before. Secret handshake? Password?

Gary

Just stand near the front door, with your legs shoulder width apart. Someone from the forum will see you, and kick you right square in the berries..

That's how you'll know it's us! [twisted]

Seriously, I will be wearing my NES shirt...

Adam

centermass181 said:
im going saturday morning. as long as Im not fricking working. there is an awesome breakfast joint in Marlboro, 'Jakes". If you can get a seat, I highly recommmend the Jakes Benedict.

Greg, whats your schedule?? Your the closest, no?

I'll be there before it opens,you can't miss me.I will be wearing my best tactical outfit and wearing my Kerry/Edwards for president hat and handing out "Celebrate Diversity" bumper stickers at the front door...

I'll save you a place in line.

You actually plan your wardrobe this far in advance ? We need to have a little talk.....

And I'll be the one walking past everyone in line to get an exhibitor badge and heading to the GOAL table.

See you all there. I'll probably be wearing a GOAL hat.

Lord willing and my back permitting I'll be there Saturday morning myself. I'll be wearing a tan "Molon Labe" hat and an OD 5.11 "Shoot me first" tactical vest.

[/quote]

You actually plan your wardrobe this far in advance ? We need to have a little talk.....[/quote]

let me rephrase....my super DIGGITY duper, pre-ban, pre 98, not available in MA anymore, 30 round, colt base plate, high speed, low drag, teflon coated, no rust, uber tactical, faggy bright blue tee shirt my wife bought me for 3 bucks at old navy.

I suppose it is kind of faggy (can we say faggy?) to know that.

Adam_MA said:
Garys said:
So how would we know each other? Well, for those of us that haven't met anyone on the forum before. Secret handshake? Password?

Gary

Just stand near the front door, with your legs shoulder width apart. Someone from the forum will see you, and kick you right square in the berries..

That's how you'll know it's us! [twisted]

Seriously, I will be wearing my NES shirt...

Adam

RO SHAM BO!! I'll go first!

Back
Top Bottom