• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro Gun Show, Jan 30 & 31

Does anyone know the name of the vendor who is on the far left (as you walk in) wall? He had the largest stock of AR15 parts. I'd like to get in touch with him if possible.

Does anyone know the name of the vendor who is on the far left (as you walk in) wall? He had the largest stock of AR15 parts. I'd like to get in touch with him if possible.

I don't know his name, but I'm going back today and I'll get his info for you.

I saw 3 guys at the Remsport table - I didn't talk to any of them, I only did a quick look thru at what they had. The owner is the bald headed guy - whose name escapes me at the moment. He was talking with a couple of guys about AR barrels when I came thru. There was one guy who was just sort of sitting on a chair over near the Glock stuff - he seemed to me like he was a little overwhelmed by the crowd.

The bald headed guy is John and to my knowledge he is not the owner. Ron who is the president and I believe is the owner has always been nice when I have been to Remsport. As someone else said he may have been overwhelmed by the crowd. If I remember correctly John was alone at the last show there. I did not see a 3rd person when I was there. Maybe it was this third person that was lacking customer service skills when dealing with large crowds?

Last edited:
First time there

No crowds when I went there ~2:45 pm on Sat. I wandered around a bit and found a nice grip for my K frame for $5. Prices seemed high for most firearms. I heard the people working there say is was PACKED earlier in the day!

I did stumble upon a table with a fellow southpaw who had a few LH rifles for sale ( he had a couple of nice Uberti SA in .45 Long - new) I got talking with him for a bit and a couple of other lefties showed up and we were sharing some stories.

I was looking around for the NES booth, but some how missed it. There were more books & knives than I expected. Same knife dealers I use to run into at local knife shows several years back - saw some nice Siska bowies, but didn't dare ask how much $.

$40 for CCI large rifle primers seems too high: that place had a big pile of them. [rolleyes]

There never has been an "NES booth" and I doubt that there ever will be. NES does well enough w/o a booth that cost money and man/womanpower but has nothing to sell (NES "sells itself" [wink] ). In the "early days" we used to agree to meet up at the GOAL table, but that ended up blocking the table and defeating the purpose for which GOAL was there.

Win rifle primers were available for $35 at a couple of tables, even later in the day.

Heads up . . .

TVI tickets are available at the GOAL table . , . last table on Left in Aisle L, right across from earplugs and jerky.

Hello all, met C-pher and another gentlemen that his name escapes me now ,seemed like good guys, brought my sons they seemed to like it got there at 8:45 am line moved fast but around 12:00 it turned in to a sardine fest very busy show.

I was looking for a M&P 40 c carry WOW [shocked] the prices were crazy same gun at Four Season $499 , bought some small rifle mag primers for $35 looked at the safes again way to high not much of a selection , will be going to Eastern Safe on Monday .

Talked with Trigger and looked at the class 3 guns boy do I love those guns [wink]

All in all not bad way to spend a cold Saturday beats staying home and waiting till my wife takes out the to do list .[rolleyes][rolleyes]

Last edited:
Seems like a long shot, but do any dealers have AR lowers at these shows?

.308 stripped lowers in particular.

Last minute bargains?

There was complete AR chambered in .50 Beowulf for $1200. That thing was badass!

I picked up a really nice soft case for my AR, some AR parts, single point sling, found some 12ga slugs for a great price, and of course some jerky.

Seems like a long shot, but do any dealers have AR lowers at these shows?

.308 stripped lowers in particular.

Last minute bargains?

There were a lot of ar lowers...I saw one table back behind the GOAL table that had a .308 lower...and then there was a table a row in front of us that had a complete .308 upper for 600 I believe... It was in a match configuration. It was really nice.

Oh, and we had LCR's for $425...everyone that I saw that had them were around $500 or more...I'm really suprised that we only sold one.

I thought the show was very good. Got there around 10. No line. Stopped by the Goal table asked the woman at the bboth if she was an NES'er and she said no. Got a nice $5 sling for the AR got some rail covers. Spoke briefly with John from Remsport. The big buy of the day was a pair of fitted earplugs. It really attracted a crowd. I bet at one point in the 20 minute process about a dozen people were looking on. I can tell you when you're sitting there with the goo drying in your ear canals it is truly quite. Just me and my tinitus watching a sea of people.Spent a little time at the Hopkinton table. Those guys are great. I will test out the new ears at thier club for steel plates Weds. the last 2 times I 've done these plate shoots my ears realy knew it the next day so that will be a good test. Was realy tempted to pick up one of the $199 10/22s too but did not probably going to regret that. It was a fun time

The bald headed guy is John and to my knowledge he is not the owner. Ron who is the president and I believe is the owner has always been nice when I have been to Remsport. As someone else said he may have been overwhelmed by the crowd. If I remember correctly John was alone at the last show there. I did not see a 3rd person when I was there. Maybe it was this third person that was lacking customer service skills when dealing with large crowds?

I made a purchase from Remsport on Saturday afternoon and I only saw/ dealt with 2 people. Both were very friendly. This mysterious third person must have been kicked out for poor service!

I picked up a business card too for future AR work. Plus I got a Remsport tote-bag!

Just got home from working the show. I was working at the Stoney Acres Sports tables. It was a mad house on Saturday and picked up later in the day on Sunday.

We sold out all of the S+W AR22,went back to the store and picked up 4 more, all of the AK's and all of our LCR's. Three Sigs, seven Glocks and.....well you get the picture. It was crazy busy. It was good to see some of the regulars, Ray, Qammo, LenS, etc. Sorry I couldn't talk but as you folks saw it was NUTS!!!! Good to see folks had money to spend.

As to ammo the "Mr. Personality " guys from N.Y. were in their typical mode. They could care less if you buy anything or not. I agree with Ray, wait until Wilmington...better ammo prices.

And are you all ready for this.......................I didn't buy anything......only because I was to busy[wink]

I went today and walked around, I had my "Less Evil AK" (Norinco Hunter) that I was trying to sell but no takers. There seemed to be alot of people there. C-pher was the only person from NES that I saw and talked too. Overall a good time

I can feel the love man.

LOL

When I stopped by Powderkeg, they hadn't seen you yet. I figured you bagged out. Must have just missed you - you were probably behind me the entire time somewhere. (Hmmm, which one of us has a tracking chip??? LOL)

C-pher - wish I had known you guys had the $425 LCR's - I might have bought one. Lowest price to that was $450, IIRC.

I saw 3 guys at the Remsport table - There was one guy who was just sort of sitting on a chair over near the Glock stuff - he seemed to me like he was a little overwhelmed by the crowd.

Hmmm Big guy in a blue shirt? That might have been me. I wasn't working the table, I was just waiting to fill out a 4473. [grin]

Thank you to Len and show report.

Len, I stopped and spoke with you at the GOAL table and you could not have been more helpful. I asked you a question about FFL licenses/sales and about pre-ban hi capacitiy magazines. You examined the magazines I purchased and provided me with peace of mind.

My first gun show as I got my LTC about four months ago. I picked up some nice accessories (mags, cleaning supplies, cheap Russion ammo, speeed loaders a few other odds and ends) and a carry holster. I bought the Thunderwear (if anyone has seen that) and really like it. Used it over the weekend for my first conceal carry and it was really comfortable. My pants fall down with a belt w/out carrying - I just couldn't see how an IWB could work for me. This is a good solution for my needs.

Anyway, I enjoyed the show. Speaking with Len and his willingness to educate me a little bit was the icing on the cake.

I was working on Saturday with Kid Presentable at the Southborough Rod and Gun Club table. For us we had a lot of interest in the club and hopefully recruited a few new members. I did get to walk around a bit but did not find anything worth buying. I did fall in love with a preban AR in 9mm but couldn't spend the money for it. I was upset to only see the S&W M&P 15-22 and not the Ruger SR22 as I really want one of those. But overall I had a good morning/early afternoon people watching from the booth.

Thank you to Len and show report.

Len, I stopped and spoke with you at the GOAL table and you could not have been more helpful. I asked you a question about FFL licenses/sales and about pre-ban hi capacitiy magazines. You examined the magazines I purchased and provided me with peace of mind.

My first gun show as I got my LTC about four months ago. I picked up some nice accessories (mags, cleaning supplies, cheap Russion ammo, speeed loaders a few other odds and ends) and a carry holster. I bought the Thunderwear (if anyone has seen that) and really like it. Used it over the weekend for my first conceal carry and it was really comfortable. My pants fall down with a belt w/out carrying - I just couldn't see how an IWB could work for me. This is a good solution for my needs.

Anyway, I enjoyed the show. Speaking with Len and his willingness to educate me a little bit was the icing on the cake.

I remember you. I was glad to meet you and help you out.

I was working on Saturday with Kid Presentable at the Southborough Rod and Gun Club table. For us we had a lot of interest in the club and hopefully recruited a few new members. I did get to walk around a bit but did not find anything worth buying. I did fall in love with a preban AR in 9mm but couldn't spend the money for it. I was upset to only see the S&W M&P 15-22 and not the Ruger SR22 as I really want one of those. But overall I had a good morning/early afternoon people watching from the booth.

Sorry that I didn't recognize you and stop to chat. I was talking with Hunter46spring within a few feet of your table for a long time at the show on Saturday.

It was nice to meet a few NES folks in person, and thanks to LenS and all of the other folks (like Kim and Angie ) for doing the GOAL thing, too!

I heard (unofficially) that there were about 8,000 visitors. Add that to 500 or so tables, and that's BIG!

Now.....let's all figure out how to get some Antis in for the next one.....maybe a few converts! [smile]

Sorry that I didn't recognize you and stop to chat. I was talking with Hunter46spring within a few feet of your table for a long time at the show on Saturday.

That's okay. It was so busy and we were cramped behind our booth. There were 10 tables an almost 20 people behind give or take a few as people were filling out paperwork.

My brother and I had a good time on Saturday. We went around noon time and got right in. Was very busy. I'm relativesly new to the whole gun world so it was nice to be able to hold and handle a lot of different types of guns. Pete's gun shop had a lot out on display to hold which was nice. Got some jerky too - yum

I went Sunday - my first show.

First impressions - had trouble finding it, too much traffic, the biggest city I go into is Fitchburg normally. [laugh]

The parking lot isn't very well kept and had to park in the far lot - just lots of people.

Got to the door, forgot my $1 off so I paid the $10 [sad]

I saw the guy on the left side with all the crates marked M855 LC - SWEET, I thought I can get some easy; not so much, just the crates and ammo cans [crying]

I found another guy selling PRVI M855 in 200rd 'Battle Packs' for $100 > Now at $110 spent

Looked around so a nice Benelli tactical for $1500 I think - passed, but didn't want to.

Saw a Mossberg Persuader for $300 - passed, but again didn't want to.

Found the folks out of Sutton with three S&W M&P 15-22's - they were down to two after I was done >Now at ~$640 spent

Well my son will be happy on his birthday (May 7yo), I should have the Trijicon RX30 on it by then.

So would I go to a gun show again - YES
Would I go to this show again - NO, Probably will go to Manchester, NH next year.

Missed the show both days.
I talked to a dealer that was at the show. With the crowds, he figures he even lost sales. That would have ben enough for me.
I know the Big E show was not that bad , but at times it was hard to look at something at some tables.
Anyway just my opinion.

I went Sunday - my first show.

First impressions - had trouble finding it, too much traffic, the biggest city I go into is Fitchburg normally. [laugh]

The parking lot isn't very well kept and had to park in the far lot - just lots of people.

Got to the door, forgot my $1 off so I paid the $10 [sad]

I saw the guy on the left side with all the crates marked M855 LC - SWEET, I thought I can get some easy; not so much, just the crates and ammo cans [crying]

I found another guy selling PRVI M855 in 200rd 'Battle Packs' for $100 > Now at $110 spent

Looked around so a nice Benelli tactical for $1500 I think - passed, but didn't want to.

Saw a Mossberg Persuader for $300 - passed, but again didn't want to.

Found the folks out of Sutton with three S&W M&P 15-22's - they were down to two after I was done >Now at ~$640 spent

Well my son will be happy on his birthday (May 7yo), I should have the Trijicon RX30 on it by then.

So would I go to a gun show again - YES
Would I go to this show again - NO, Probably will go to Manchester, NH next year.

How'd ya have trouble finding it when they have a big sign out front with neon letters saying "Firearm and Knife Show"..!!....I went Saturday, It was busy yes, but its nice to see people getting out there and supporting their past time...I walked through the whole show and then went back to the beginning and it was a pretty light crowd by then (about 2pm)...It was my second time going to this show, I think its a good one..JMO..I'll be back in September for the next one!

I went on Sunday at around 10:30. Stayed for a few hours. Came home with a bag of 1000 cleaning patches and some snap caps. [hmmm]

My postmortem analysis: A blah show. It was like shopping at a big gun store. Prices and quantity of cool guns were not great (Sunday's selection at least). Nothing really screamed buy me. 9 out of 10 sellers had a scowl on their face and seemed annoyed you were asking about this or that. Was there a sale on lemons and Imodium AD?

I'm looking forward to going to some of the other upcoming shows to actually find a deal on something. I'll still go to this one but I won't be going with bells on.

The highlight of the show was visiting the GOAL table and buying a sticker. Really, I mean it. Angi is a peach.

I hate giving a negative review but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Heard from a dealer it wasn't a great show but not a bad one either. He didn't pick up much at all. Did say it was crowded. Kinda glad I didn't make the trip down. Only looking for parts basically as any gun there would be a lot less on this side of the bridge. Might hit the Big E but then again...Mass prices...:roll:

The GPS announced "Destination on the Left....." and I saw the place behind the mall and thought the mall road would get me there [rolleyes]

It's just me and big cities I guess. Something always goes wrong when I have to go to one.

Back
Top Bottom