• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro Gun Show - January 26th and 27th, 2008

If it were a C&R handgun and he had a C&R license could he get it? If he doesn't have a MA non-ressie is he covered by FOPA to bring it home?
I would think so, but at the very least, he'd have to have an unsigned copy of his 03FFL with him. I always carry one in my wallet for that very reason.
I would still like to know what the process is if I can carry.
OK, let me put this plainly: YOU CAN'T CARRY. At the door, you unload your piece, they put a wire tie through the action and keep the the ammo and/or magazine. You get it back when you leave. They have a sign up warning you about it and you WILL get your sorry ass arrested if you get caught. Darius' phone number is at his website: www.massgunlaw.com. Tell him I said hi.
I had my M&P 40 with me all i did was check the mag and ammo they put a plastick tie around the trigger and gave the M&P 40 back to me.
So you reload (pointing your gun at the sand bucket) before you walk out the door. *Poof* you're covered on your way back to the car.

have fun

Really sad today[sad2] I was hoping to make my 1st gun show but I need to wait till the next one. Hope everyone is having a good time. will hold down the fort wile you are gone.

Picked up a stripped Stag lower, a Mossberg 500 8shot 20" from Tombstone, one of LIOTECH's 260 lumen lights, a couple AK mags, and a preban Sig 226 mag for Jrbt.... The place was packed....

Ok, that place was dead today. I didn't get a thing. Some things were way over priced (saw a few Ruger MkI and MkIIs priced in the 425+ range; I paid 225 for mine 2 months ago).

I also think it should be renamed 'Knife, Nazi, and gun show.'

Ok, that place was dead today. I didn't get a thing. Some things were way over priced (saw a few Ruger MkI and MkIIs priced in the 425+ range; I paid 225 for mine 2 months ago).

I also think it should be renamed 'Knife, Nazi, and gun show.'
+1 on that. Just got back an hour ago spent 2 hrs looking at mostly junk. Spent $30 on random crap. And thanks Dwarven1 for your explanation of what exactly they did by having me open the cylinder check it was empty and put a plastic zip tie on it. NO! I did not blaze my way through and make a rukus as you planely put it and I did not need an attorney. You would think a simple question would receive a simple answer, this is NES right? Next time someone asks if they can carry to a specific place I will be sure to tell them to get an attorney and watch for your ass getting arrested[rolleyes]. Anyways it's basically a scaled down version of the Big-E w/ lots of old surplus stuff. Couldn't find anything I was looking for, everything was over priced, $400 for a Walther 22![shocked] Lets just say its good to waste 2hrs amongst gun stuff.

+1 on that. Just got back an hour ago spent 2 hrs looking at mostly junk. Spent $30 on random crap. And thanks Dwarven1 for your explanation of what exactly they did by having me open the cylinder check it was empty and put a plastic zip tie on it. NO! I did not blaze my way through and make a rukus as you planely put it and I did not need an attorney. You would think a simple question would receive a simple answer, this is NES right?
You did get a simple answer. Several times. It sounded like you wanted to carry no matter what and were looking for someone to tell you it was all right. Given that we KNOW that the AG monitors this board, I wasn't going to say things like "carry a pair of wire cutters and a speedloader and don't tell them about it".

Hope you at least stopped by the beef jerky table - they have great stuff.

Hope you at least stopped by the beef jerky table - they have great stuff.

That reminds me of something else I wanted to mention... twice now I've seen him at gun shows and twice there was no Downeast Blend beef jerky.[frown]

Not this weekend but the last show I saw him at, he said they didn't have time to make any. Its been a month since then and still none.[rolleyes]

Sorry for the impression that you got. What I wanted to know was it OK to actually bring in my carry piece. I did not want to bring it in and have them tell me that no guns were allowed period. Plus, I wanted to try and find a holster for it and what better way then actually trying it in the holster. I was not and never will try to skirt the law. The simple question was can you bring it in and what at the table will they do? ie... have you unload and let you carry it with you.

I went to the bathroom and some guy was in there shitting his pants off and saying, "I shouldn't have had the beef jerky!" So even though it looked good that would be a NO.

Sorry for the impression that you got. What I wanted to know was it OK to actually bring in my carry piece. I did not want to bring it in and have them tell me that no guns were allowed period. Plus, I wanted to try and find a holster for it and what better way then actually trying it in the holster. I was not and never will try to skirt the law. The simple question was can you bring it in and what at the table will they do? ie... have you unload and let you carry it with you.
Ah. That wasn't what I was getting from your posts. Sure, you can bring in your carry piece. You can bring in 5 or 10 others, if you want! You check them at the door, and they ziptie them all - they might do something to let them know that yes, the guns you're bringing out you brought with you on the way in, but I'm not sure - never really done that. But yes, people bring their guns in all the time to try out new holsters. I did it myself a couple of times.

I went to the bathroom and some guy was in there shitting his pants off and saying, "I shouldn't have had the beef jerky!" So even though it looked good that would be a NO.
Maybe he had the real hot stuff. I've never had any sort of reaction other than going "YUM!"

You don't happen to remember the vendor, do you?[/QUOTE]

It was the table on the far back wall but the rifle was sold by the time i made it around a second time. I guess someone else thought it was a good deal too!

Only thing I bought was an AR book so I can figure out how to put my NES stripped receiver together when it gets here and I picked up a case of Golden Tiger 7.62x39 from the NY guys at $175 which was pretty good.

+1 on the AR book. Picked one up, too! +1 on the Golden Tiger ammo, too. Finished off my Sunday AM with couple of unused 30-round AK mags (pre-ban of course) and a [smile].

Also met DR there - he picked up an AR book, too!

Last edited:
yeah i saw the walthers for 400!
i then saw a guy ask about turning in a MKii and they offered him 120 and they have some for sale for 275+..
i even saw Sigma's for $400!!! are you kidding me..FS has then for $279 with the free mags and rebate..i was not to happy with this show.

I did see a Mosin M44 for $911 (it must have been the laminated stock). I tried to look at the price upside down and sideways and it still didn't make sense. This guy was sell mil-surp stuff for way over what they are worth. My friend did find a good bargin, he found a Brazilian Mauser 08/34 in 30-06 for $100. There was nothing there that jumped out and said buy me.

yeah i saw the walthers for 400!
i then saw a guy ask about turning in a MKii and they offered him 120 and they have some for sale for 275+..
i even saw Sigma's for $400!!! are you kidding me..FS has then for $279 with the free mags and rebate..i was not to happy with this show.

I agree, the prices on the pistols were very high. I pretty much stopped looking at the pistol pricing about halfway through and just looked at what they had. Did anyone else see the S&W M&P for $585? Yeesh.

I did see a Mosin M44 for $911 (it must have been the laminated stock). I tried to look at the price upside down and sideways and it still didn't make sense.

I did the exact same thing. I flipped the little card over to see if the real price was on the other side. I was going to ask the guy what was so special about that M44 as opposed to the ones elsewhere in the hall for $120.00 or so. I decided not to, because I left my BS proof boots at home.

Overall, I didn't see any real bargains in guns. I did buy one box with two brand new ammo cans for $15.00. The guy in front of me bought 10 of them and a bit later I saw another guy loading up with 10. One of the guys I went with went back to get one and they were all gone.

Ammo prices were high even considering how high ammo prices are.

I saw one optimist that had a SMLE No1 MkIII for $199.00. Which wasn't terrible, but the funny part was the tag that said "New" on a rifle that looked like it had been run over by a WWI tank.

Gary

Really sad today[sad2] I was hoping to make my 1st gun show but I need to wait till the next one. Hope everyone is having a good time. will hold down the fort wile you are gone.
There is a small one at the Standish gun club in East Bridgewater next weekend.

Agreed...very pricey show. There was one dealer from Delaware I believe, old timer, his prices were thru the roof....I remember seeing him at Springfield 15 years ago. He was overpriced then!

I got a couple of 50rd boxs of .30cal carbine for $10 ea

I talked about going for a week. Realy thought I would get there today. The boy had NO DESIRE to go. I guess we did'nt miss much. Thats OK though, between the AR group buy and some other toys I have my eye on, I'm gonna need to save my pennies!

+1 on the AR book. Picked one up, too! +1 on the Golden Tiger ammo, too. Finished off my Sunday AM with couple of unused 30-round AK mags (pre-ban of course) and a [smile].

Also met DR there - he picked up an AR book, too!

I got his last copy of the assembly guide. For some strange reason AR books were in strong demand this show. [wink] Mike, the guy selling books along the wall, said that he brought more AR books than he usually does and still sold out.

My score of the day was some WSR primers for $13.80/K. I bought all he had. Buy em cheap and stack em deep.*

*In accordance with fire departments regs, of course.

i wish i saw the primers or any primers..only thing i got to pick up with reloading was cast bulletts. there were too many people at the tables to see anything..

Back
Top Bottom