• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro Gun Show - January 26th and 27th, 2008

I went, Guns mostly are overpriced. I did get a fair deal on some pre-ban 30 round AR mags. I got 6 mags 3 made by o-kay and 3 by Labelle for $75. THe mags are in very good shape, not excellent but worth the money.

bought winchester OO buck for 3 bucks a box not bad remington is 5 somthing a box at wally word. Got a eotech for 350 going to be mounted on my MRP when fed ex gets here tomorrow.

My score of the day was some WSR primers for $13.80/K. I bought all he had. Buy em cheap and stack em deep.*

*In accordance with fire departments regs, of course.

Damn that's great! You sure they weren't water damaged clearance rack? [smile]

I went Saturday. Arrived about 1:00 and it was pretty crowded. Ran into LenS and talked a bit, then started at the left wall and just walked up and down the rows.

There were no real bargains on any guns I might have been interested in so I wound up getting the Craig Riesch Carbine book, a couple of 30 round and one 15 round Carbine mags, a few stripper clips for the carbine and a pack of 240 rounds of Yugo 7.62x39 from the ammo guys because the cheaper Wolf stuff doesn't work real well in my Mini-30.

Before I left, I talked to C-pher and Greg at the Powder Keg table and 50BMG at Stoney Acre Sports. All in all, a good way to kill a few hours.

I went, Guns mostly are overpriced. I did get a fair deal on some pre-ban 30 round AR mags. I got 6 mags 3 made by o-kay and 3 by Labelle for $75. THe mags are in very good shape, not excellent but worth the money.

Great price! The only ones I saw were $20 a pop.

Anyone have details on the guy who got arrested because he attempted to steal a gun on Saturday?

I went on Sunday quite late in the day and didn't have as much time as I would have wanted to but I was able to get a nice holster and magazine for my CS45 Special.

Was it me or is there an increase of Nazi Memorabilia every year? I couldn't help but notice how many tables had the stuff.

Was it me or is there an increase of Nazi Memorabilia every year? I couldn't help but notice how many tables had the stuff.

Actually, I thought there was less than at several other shows I've been to. Aside from the 10,000 "... of the Third Reich" books there didn't seem to be that much. One table with a display of grenade launcher adapters or something, one with helmets, and the guy with Swastika and KKK key chains or whatever the Frick they were.

Gary

yeah you do see a lot of Nazi memorabilia there. some folks just like collecting that stuff. others take it too seriously.

I would agree that most of the pistol realm was overpriced. I mostly collect semiauto pistols and I got a pretty good look at everything there on Saturday. not very many good deals. I did pick up a CZ52 in nice shape for $178. I know you can get them cheaper but I've been looking to buy one for a while and it was able to be sold w/o a C&R license (which I'm still waiting for from the Feds!) as it was already registered in MA.

Either way, I have a good time there every year. I always pick something up

Actually, I thought there was less than at several other shows I've been to. Aside from the 10,000 "... of the Third Reich" books there didn't seem to be that much. One table with a display of grenade launcher adapters or something, one with helmets, and the guy with Swastika and KKK key chains or whatever the Frick they were.

Gary

Was that the table that had the M1A2 with an inert MK2 HE for $20.00?

Anyways, I bought a few things, not anything that caught my eye to really want to get.

The only good deals I saw on handguns were from the guys at Affordable Firearms.

They had some original gray park'd CZ52's with extra mag, cleaning rod and holster for $159.

Even with a C&R you're going to pay roughly that once the gun has been overnight shipped. But you got to see these one's first. [grin]

All in all though I spent more money to get in to the show than I actually did once inside. [thinking]

Was that the table that had the M1A2 with an inert MK2 HE for $20.00?

Anyways, I bought a few things, not anything that caught my eye to really want to get.

I don't think so. It was the very last table against the far right wall as you came in. I didn't really look closely, but my impression was that they weren't selling the hardware. They might have had books or CDs, but I really wasn't that interested.

I sort of chuckle to myself when I see those books like "Pencil Sharpeners of the Wehrmacht" and "Ceremonial Napkin Rings of the Waffen SS". Why don't they just call them "Junk from the Losers"?

Gary

Gary,

Ahhh.. those guys, good people.. but as the guy I took with me said "same as##oles as last year are there"

At last years show, Ryan went to look at something close with his eyes, the guy got out of his chair and said DON'T TOUCH!

Well no shit, looking close is not touching in my book, ah well maybe they just needed the depends changed =\

Gary,

Ahhh.. those guys, good people.. but as the guy I took with me said "same as##oles as last year are there"

At last years show, Ryan went to look at something close with his eyes, the guy got out of his chair and said DON'T TOUCH!

Well no shit, looking close is not touching in my book, ah well maybe they just needed the depends changed =\

I don't think I got within 10 feet of the table, if that. Just not that interested.

There was some allied militaria there as well, which I find more interesting. I know that there are some WW II reenactors, so they might be interested in that stuff. Not to mention Milsurps4Me, he likes the accessories that go with his collection.

Gary

I collect both allied and axis military items, mostly inert ordnance. I do most of my sales private.

In the collection is a inert projectile for the 14" naval gun... not many people have 4' long, 1200lb chuck of iron and brass in storage....[smile]

Hi Guys,

I'm a new member of this forum, and a new member of the MRA also. This is my first post, and I have a quick question about the Marlboro Show. I went on Saturday and did see a Winchester Rifle I was considering. I wanted to go back on Sunday and pick it up, but a heating pipe leak kept me home all day. I didn't get the name of the dealer, but there was a very, very large "display" rifle/sign above the table. You couldn't miss it. Does anyone know who the dealer was so I might contact them? Thanks in advance for any help. Cheers!

Hi Guys,

I'm a new member of this forum, and a new member of the MRA also. This is my first post, and I have a quick question about the Marlboro Show. I went on Saturday and did see a Winchester Rifle I was considering. I wanted to go back on Sunday and pick it up, but a heating pipe leak kept me home all day. I didn't get the name of the dealer, but there was a very, very large "display" rifle/sign above the table. You couldn't miss it. Does anyone know who the dealer was so I might contact them? Thanks in advance for any help. Cheers!

Rimple,

Welcome to the forum!

Was it a cutaway rifle and did he have a large number of M-1 carbines on display? If so, I have his card at home and can give you the info tonight.

Yes! it was a cutaway. I'd really appreciate the info! Thanks DR!

Not being too experienced, I thought it was a good show. At least it had a lot to look at!

Cheers

Yes! it was a cutaway. I'd really appreciate the info! Thanks DR!

Not being too experienced, I thought it was a good show. At least it had a lot to look at!

Cheers

The gentleman is Charles Hadley of Five Starr Enterprises just south of Portland, ME. His phone number is 207-741-2655.

I don't know anything about him other than that he had a large selection of carbines. USMA-82 had some nice things to say about him.

Thanks DR for this info. I would have gone back Sunday to the Show, but life got in my way. I'm really a newbie at this sport. I got a Class A license last year and membership in the Mass Rifle Association and then picked up a couple of Ruger SP 101's in different calibers. This would be my first rifle experience. I thought I'd keep to the classics and get a Winchester 94, 30-30. Although I really don't know what I'll do with it, except target shooting. I'm really not too interesting in hunting at the moment.

Thanks again for the info, and the welcome to the forum!

Rimple,
The Winchester and Marlin lever actions are also available in both .357 Mag and .44 Mag.
They both make fun plinkers, and are adequate for hunting, if you are so inclined.

Jack

Rimple,
The Winchester and Marlin lever actions are also available in both .357 Mag and .44 Mag.
They both make fun plinkers, and are adequate for hunting, if you are so inclined.

Jack

Rimple,

jhrosier makes a good point here as 30/30 ammo for plinking would be pretty expensive. While 357 and 44 mag are also expensive, you can share them between your lever gun and handgun. Getting one of these is on my list of things I need to buy.

Interesting points Jhrosier and Rockrivr1. I do have a Ruger in .357 and it would be cool to use the same ammo. I'll have to do more thinking on this topic. Would a lever gun like the 94 cost more in that caliber? I know the .30-30 version was made in massive quantities.

Thanks.

Thanks DR for this info. I would have gone back Sunday to the Show, but life got in my way. I'm really a newbie at this sport. I got a Class A license last year and membership in the Mass Rifle Association and then picked up a couple of Ruger SP 101's in different calibers. This would be my first rifle experience. I thought I'd keep to the classics and get a Winchester 94, 30-30. Although I really don't know what I'll do with it, except target shooting. I'm really not too interesting in hunting at the moment.

Thanks again for the info, and the welcome to the forum!

If you stick with a pistol caliber preferably in a Marlin and not the Winchester 94 design, pick up a double barrel shotgun and a pair of Single Action revolvers Then you can do Cowboy Action shooting.

Hey guys, can anyone tell me who was running the big table against the back wall, to the right of the table with all the beef jerky? They have the rifles in racks with the model/price written on paper taped to the stocks. I saw a rifle I should have picked up while I was there, and I'd like to see if I can still track it down.

-TD

Tony,

I'm almost positive that was "Gun and Gun Parts", they're located somewhere Metro-West. I bought a Ruger 10/22 from them at last years show, got a great deal and they were great to deal with

.... preferably in a Marlin and not the Winchester 94 design.....

If you are a cowboy 'gamer', the slightly shorter lever stroke of the Marlin might be important. However, the 1894 Winchester carries a lot of nostalgia and functions perfectly for the rest of us.

Since Winchester/USRA went down the tubes, all of the Winchester lever actions have appreciated dramatically. Also, the Winchesters from the last few years of production are much more nicely fitted and finished than the current production Marlins. I have bought five new Winchester lever actions in the last couple of years, and one Marlin. The Winchesters are all very nice but the Marlin 1894 is a poorly fitted and crudely finished gun.

Marlin seems to have outsourced thier assembly and QC departments to the tribal gunsmiths of Afganistan.[shocked]

Jack

Back
Top Bottom