• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro Gun Show

FYI - Called promoters of Marlboro Show to reserve tables and was told show has been moved from 24-25 Jan 2009 to 31 Jan - 1 Feb 2009. The management at the Royal Trade Center changed and rented the weekend of the 24th to another group......I know that flyers at the last Springfield show advertised the weekend of the 24th.

FYI - Called promoters of Marlboro Show to reserve tables and was told show has been moved from 24-25 Jan 2009 to 31 Jan - 1 Feb 2009. The management at the Royal Trade Center changed and rented the weekend of the 24th to another group......I know that flyers at the last Springfield show advertised the weekend of the 24th.

Thanks for the heads-up. I will update the note on my calendar.

That sucks. I was planning to attend as usual, but I leave for Aruba on the 31st.
Looks like I'll have to hit Springfield this weekend instead.

That sucks. I was planning to attend as usual, but I leave for Aruba on the 31st.
Looks like I'll have to hit Springfield this weekend instead.

Um, your leaving for Aruba and you think missing an overpriced, overcrowded gun show sucks? [thinking][wink]

Hell, I'd give up every gun show for the next year if I could get to Aruba.

Um, your leaving for Aruba and you think missing an overpriced, overcrowded gun show sucks? [thinking][wink]

Hell, I'd give up every gun show for the next year if I could get to Aruba.

What he said. If you thought the past years were bad, I anticipate this year's will be double the disappointment.

Normally I wouldn't care that much, as mentioned there haven't been any deals there for quite awhile.
But, I was hoping to try out a few holsters for a Glock 21 I just picked up. Maybe I'll just order another Lou Alessi like the ones I have for My 17 and 19. I know I like them. I just wanted to see what else is out there since I last looked.

I have never been to a gun show.. for those who have been to this one before, what could i expect to find there?

Jerky (maybe, if the vendor is there) + a few interesting vendors, + the same old crap the not so interesting vendors have been lugging around to shows for the past few years. I guarantee you if I go to marlboro I will be able to find several items that some of these guys have literally been lugging around for years, because the price was too high. Well, that and a few people that need showers- but not like a hamfest.

My #1 rule about gun shows is- do not go to a gun show expecting to find
something specific. If you just get the disappointment out of the way first, then they're a lot more fun. [laugh]

-Mike

Do you guys usually find good deals on Amo at these shows by any chance?

The last Marlboro show (September IIRC) had Prvi Partizan M193 in 5.56mm for $335 for 1K rounds (the "New York" dealer). If the current frenzy doesn't calm down in the next month, I don't know if I would bother to go.

We can thank the inertia of WalMart as one of the few outlets that has not followed the trend of immediately raising prices due to an increase in demand. I swear some of the local shops pulled stock off of the shelves to re-price it immediately after the election. [hmmm]

I received a postcard in the mail today with all the info and $1.00 off admit. I must have filled out some raffle ticket or something last year. No guns bought last year but some good books....

I'd write off the travel & admission as the price of entertaining yourself for an hour or two wandering around stacks of pretty guns.

If the reloading components are below retail its a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom