• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro Gun Show

Yeah yeah yeah.

Just ask Ken (USMA82) how happy I was to find a Hakim for $250 a year or so ago. Only thing was back then semi autos were still affordable and I saw Rasheeds at that show for $450.

But damn man! Paying $300 for an SVT40?!?! Well... well... thats just...

burglar.jpg

All kidding aside, you got a hell of a deal and I'm glad it happened to someone I know that collects surplus guns. Congrats Fred!![bow]

I found the line at 10am to be longer than I cared to try, so I passed it by and stopped in a couple hours later (after a sonly visit with Momma).

Still overcrowded but no wait getting in. Pretty much the same stuff as September but higher prices. Met stoneypete (not as scary as his avatar!).

I want some opinions on this:

I went to this show with my then recently divorced sister, maybe 12-13 yrs ago. We grabbed a S&W .38 LadySmith for her and the place was EMPTY. You could haggle price...there was no one there to buy!

So, is it a 'sign of the times' we live in now?
are there more gunowners coming out of the closet?
Besides the 'Ban' what happened in the last decade, to make this show wall to wall humans?

EVERYONE that was asleep at the wheel when Ban I arrived is making sure they don't get caught by Ban II.

I see it as a generally good thing if only because Deville and BO are shitting their pants. If enough casual gun owners have enough of an investment in funs (edit: GUNS!) then perhaps they will speak up when the time comes.

Consider what you MUST have before Ban II is passed and shop carefully until then...

Last edited:
I had a meeting with a Client at 11:00 am today. So I left after that and got to the show at around 1:00. Found a spot (people leaving), in the parking lot, not far from the entrance. Went in = no line.

I used the coupon you fine people posted on this thread, and spent three hours walking around. I picked up some parts for my AR 15, and a few other trinkets...

Lots of neat stuff. Some overpriced things (as usual), some pleasant surprises.

Found a counter with a gun store guy from Pelham, NH. Gonna have to visit his place.

All in all, I though it was a good spread, and a good show. Met some nice people while walking around.

Last edited:
I got there about Noon. Not really looking for any firearms( no money), but had a couple of bucks if something inexpensive caught my eye. The show was much more crowded than it is on Sundays (the day I usually go), so I just talked to a few folks I knew, got my decal (thanks Fred) and wandered for a couple hours. All in all, an enjoyable afternoon.

Met stoneypete (not as scary as his avatar!)
Thanks.

I walked the show and it was exactly what I expected. Found a real nice 03A3, some nice M1 Carbines and a 1927 Argentine Colt and many other series 70 colts. Had great conversation with Jon from Lyotec and Mr Hadley the M1 Carbine guru. Saw alot of NESers. Thanks to Kiver for the Molon Labe hats group buy. Helps us find each other.

Went back and checked out the 1927 and haggled on price came to an agreement. Then found out he would not sell to me without a C&R. Gotta get me that C&R.[rolleyes] Went to find the 03A3...Gone.[frown]

I did find an OK price on a S70 Colt and it is here with me now.[smile]

No space - That's Javery as in Bob Javery, an absolute master of a gunsmith from Dudley, MA was was in business until a few years ago when he had some health problems. I always enjoyed visiting his shop - but one had to be careful when getting near his house (he had a full machine shop in the basement, three phase power and all) since cows sometimes got onto the road.

Picked up a big sardine can of 440 Russian 7.62x54R for my M44. Looked at a few M1 Carbines and a few Enfields but left with just ammo.

Went back and checked out the 1927 and haggled on price came to an agreement. Then found out he would not sell to me without a C&R. Gotta get me that C&R.[rolleyes] Went to find the 03A3...Gone.[frown]

Oh man... a C&R is a MUST at gun shows. Many Mass dealers have C&R only guns and you can sometimes get great deals on them.

I saw a few guns today I'd have liked to have bought home with me but I'd have heard it from the wife.

I received a speeding ticket on the way home to saugus :( I was doing 60mph in the tunnel just following the traffic flow when I saw a State trooper standing in the MIDDLE OF THE HIGHWAY he was pulling over the car in front of me and then proceeded to pull me over as well.

Heck I admit I was doing around 60mph (thought the S. Limit was 55 not 45) but the trooper stated I was flying at over 70mph and wrote the $290 ticket stating I was doing 74mph. The thing which I can't understand is the fact that he stated the person in front of me was doing 60MPH! So the million dollar question is how could I be doing 74MPH behind the same car that was in front of my for the last 5 miles??

I haven't received a ticket in 20 YEARS! I'm bummed out. Also I don't undertand why the troopers have to be so rude. I treat everyone with the utmost respect and would expect the same in return.

Mac

The crowd today was bigger than any I've seen in years.

I scoured the tables looking for a Glock G30 or M&P 45c. All the dealers told me there were no M&P 45's of any kind around yet. Had no luck finding a G30 either.

Then, as I was leaving there was a guy on the left as you come in that had both a brand new G30 and a 45c! He was quick to tell me that he can't sell the G30 in Mass. But when I asked about the 45c he said he thought that one was OK. I didn't buy the 45c but at least I got to handle it - felt very nice.

Oh, and I picked up a 4" S&W Model 10-6 for $200 - had some wear but I just want to practice doing trigger work on it so finish wasn't much of an issue.

Last edited:
Good. I don't feel like I missed something then.

No Jon, you didn't miss anything! [wink] I scored a Colt 1911 Mk IV Series 70 for $567 OTD from my friend Terry Goode (Collectors Firearms & MIlitaria in N. Chelmsford and Pelham NH), 3 new mil-surp 1911 mags in kraft bags for $24 and ammo (100rd 9mm WWB, 50 rds American Eagle 38Sp & 2 boxes of Fiocchi 9mm Mak) for $45! It was a good day. [smile]

oh no. anyone know if hes ok?

I was told that it was the Wife of the guy who sells ThunderWear. Carole packed up all his stuff and it was picked up at the end of the show. Reports were that the woman does have heart problems, so htey didn't fool around and took her to the hospital, hospital determined it wasn't heart related but just some sort of problem due to stress.

I want some opinions on this:

So, is it a 'sign of the times' we live in now?
are there more gunowners coming out of the closet?
Besides the 'Ban' what happened in the last decade, to make this show wall to wall humans?

THe "password" at the show today was "Obama sent me"! [thinking]

Royal Plaza Hotel Banquet Room
181 Boston Post Rd W, Marlborough, MA 01752-1840
(508) 460-0700

garyz

Umm, not the banquet room, but the Royal Plaza Trade Center (building before the hotel on the left).

It was great meeting Kim and working with her at the GOAL table. GOAL had a nice turnout, but I would have liked to see at least double the number of new members today.

Ran into many NES'rs, friends from various gun clubs, etc. and one our PD Sgts who recently returned from his second tour in the sandbox. Talked with a few NG OIF Vets about our crazy gun laws and a number of dealers (including BAMP) who were having a good day.

Saw one dealer with lots of parts for ARs (but no lower kits), saw some obscene prices for lowers and other guns. Lots of ammo here and there, some good deals and some not-so-good. Saw a pile of pre-ban M1 carbine mags (no prices on them), lots of AR, Glock (one guy even was selling 10 rd G22 mags for $15.00!) and other mags all over the place.

Price of admission is now $10 for the show, a steep jump from the last show in this area.

For those going tomorrow, yes there are NES stickers (oval and shape of gun) for $5 each.

1 Ammo can
1/4 pound of jerky
2 AR chamber brushes

and my son got a butterfly knife .......... shhhhhh don't tell his mother

VERY CROWDED

I got some AK parts and A how-to manual for everything 1911 (Itching to build my NES caspian). I left quicker then normal because it was way too crowded.

Also I don't undertand why the troopers have to be so rude. I treat everyone with the utmost respect and would expect the same in return.

Mac

It's like it's just because you're a second class citizen and, not realizing it, you overstepped your bounds with that uppity talk.

OR

he coulda just been having a bad day.

I got there at 8AM and parked on the left. Had to park in the lower lot as the top lot was aready full. I'd rather walk down hill than uphill at the end of the day and closer is better if you're hauling some lead back to the car.

Got in line at 8:45 and the line started moving into the building but not into the show. I made it to just inside the door before it stopped moving. At least I was out of the wind.

Hooked up with Knob Creek and met Milsurps at the Maine Dealers Table. The 1903 Colt Pocket Pistol was a good deal at $350. It's a re-blue and a shooter. I'm happy with it.

I did buy a new winter Hat at the Goal Table. Sorry I didn't know that was LenS at the table.

I didn't think it was a bad show but, 1. I really wan't looking for anything and 2. I haven't been to a show in a year.

For lunch, you're missing out if you don't hit Linguine's just up the street past the convention center. It doesn't look like much but the food is great. They don't open until Noon.

And Pete, you're an idiot for not having a C&R! See:
http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=104

Last edited:
Saw a pile of pre-ban M1 carbine mags .
I saw those magazines (maybe 60 or so) and almost bought a handful, but I have a dozen coming from CMP. They better not run out before they get to my order! I bought a (probably commercial) 30 rnd from another table, but might have made a mistake. The spring seems to bind up and it won't take more than 9 rounds. I have to go back tomorrow, so I'll see if he'll swap it out before I take it apart.
Also, I'd like to put in a plug for Collector's in Pelham, too. I've bought most of my "extensive arsenal" from them and they've given me some good deals, and the one problem I did have with a rifle was taken care of immediately.

Just saw the thread on "lanced magazines," so I wondered if mine was blocked. It takes some pounding, but I can shove the follower all the way down with a ruler. It binds on the way up, too, so it's going back.

Last edited:
First show... I didn't get to stay long because I wanted to get home and keep in good graces with my better half.

I did manage to find a nice deal (in this market) on an ar-15 upper. It is a rifle length barrel (really want a 16") but it was definitely completely brand new. So I'm a proud evil black rifle owner which was my goal. :)

Bought a light and shook hands with John from Liotec

Saw many things that were calling my name to buy and decided it was safer to leave than spend :)

Back
Top Bottom