Marlboro in march?

I did not arrive until 2pm and it was very uncrowded. Maybe I missed all the good deals but I also missed all the stinkers. I was able to walk the entire floor in under 1.5 hours. No sig p225 mags to be found. No good deals on subcompact 1911s to be found...

I was surprised by the lack of 50cal ammo cans. Last couple of shows there were pallets and pallets. This time not so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Non of us are saying that the people there that are stinky are bad people, they are just....stinky....

Some of the vendors were kind of rude, but I guess you have that anywhere. I mean why be rude to someone who is asking you about buying some of your ammo? Why even bother to show up if your going to have that kind of attitude?

I had some good conversations with vendors that I didn't even buy something from... went home with a few cards, most actually ended up in my wallet and not the trash ;)

I am happy w the optic I bought though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I was a bit taken aback by all the nazi paraphernalia. I'm not referring to K98s and Lugers. It seemed there were endless amounts of armbands, flags, pins and patches prominently displaying swastikas and books titled "Heros of the SS". While passing one vendor, who only sold nazi junk, there was a guy wearing a long leather trenchcoat asking for shnutzen shlatzen wiki waki. He seemed all to familiar with the stuff. I envisioned him sitting in the basement wearing his brownshirt watching Der Untergang on loop praying for the forth Reich.

Certainly, I understand that some items have historical significance and are interesting however, it was a bit much for me. I think it really puts a stigma and can affirm peoples stereotypes of gun shows/gun owners. The shows and its patrons should do away with this garbage and further discourage it.

I generally don't offer my opinion very much especially online but I'm hoping some people also felt a tinge of discomfort.

I generally don't offer my opinion very much especially online but I'm hoping some people also felt a tinge of discomfort.

A tinge? I had my friend physically drag me away from that a**h*** wearing the Nazi uniform at the last show. I've never wanted to commit assault as much as I did right then. Frankly, I can't understand ANYONE who'd buy repro Nazi crap - why voluntarily identify yourself with the scum of humanity?

Now, genuine antiques - guns, knives, even decorations - I can understand better. To quote one Jewish FFL, "Dey're dead, and I've got deir guns!". (you'll have to imagine the thick Yiddish accent!)

Just got back from the show. Made out pretty good with ammo, a couple pocket knives for the miss and I and of course some jerky.

Saw that dude in the full on SS uniform, cane and everything. Couldn't help but laugh.

The Nazi guy showed up again?? Figured with all the negative vibes he got from the last show he wouldnt come again,,,, or maybe annoying people is what gives him a woody.

A tinge? I had my friend physically drag me away from that a**h*** wearing the Nazi uniform at the last show. I've never wanted to commit assault as much as I did right then. Frankly, I can't understand ANYONE who'd buy repro Nazi crap - why voluntarily identify yourself with the scum of humanity?

Is that the guy with two different colored eyes wearing a trench coat and boots? If so, I spotted him at the Wilmington show.

No, i dont believe so,, the guy wears a full Nazi uniform,, a major i think

Sounds like a good price someone found on the Remington 1911 R1, how are they? i have yet to see one. I really dont NEEd another 1911,,, but shit happens,,

Good score on the 1903 stock, looked like a beauty,,,,I can relate,, i search for Garand stocks.

Is that the guy with two different colored eyes wearing a trench coat and boots? If so, I spotted him at the Wilmington show.

I don't think I've ever seen him. I'm referring to the low-life worm in the full SS uniform. For all I know he may well be an actual human being but the fact that he'd dress that way in public argues against it.

I think we are talking about two different trench coat guys. The one I spotted was fat with a piggish face and had short blond hair. I didn't see a guy in uniform but oh if I did. I think I'll just stick to regular shops and the Holbrook show from now on.

Just got home from the show. what a waste of time, but i find myself going to everyone. i guess i figure i might just find a deal some day. I did not smell any one to bad. I did see the remington 1911 r1 for 599.99 not a bad looking gun. Im still amazed that someone would buy a hand gun at such over inflated prices.

Just got back from the show. Yeah, most of the prices where up there. I did finally see the new Ruger 10/22 breakdown. Boy did they do it right with this rifle. I was very tempted to get it. Price was close to 400.

Did anybody here grab the Kahr PM9 for $499? It had night sights and looked in great shape, looked at it around 10:30 on Saturday and when I went back to take another look around 12:00 it was gone. I wasn't too disappointed, definitely didn't need it.

I found almost everything I was looking for.

I ended up with a Stag comp and armorers wrench for good prices for my AR build. I also picked up a pound of IMR 4895 for my M1.

I had a good laugh at the expense of the guy i picked up the wrench from too. I picked up a receiver vice on his table (on the far right of the floor) and asked, "what are you asking for this? Like five, six bucks?" I thought he was going to swing at me.

Also, can we agree that it's a bad idea to stand in the middle of an isle with a blank stare and your thumb in your a** doing nothing and impeding everyone else.

Last edited:
[laugh]
I saw Satan himself there as well.

Bald kid with white contact lenses, super long black jacket, super tall black boots, with huge pentagram necklace

Anyone else brush elbows with beelzebob?

OK folks like you really kill me. You see somebody, assume because he isn't your twin hes a bad guy. Every Marlboro show somebody has to dump on this guy. He and his girlfriend are the nicest folks. Maybe instead of passing judgement on the guy you should have taken a minute out of your day and just said hello.

Also as usual there are the rookie gun show attendees who have some comment about illegal mags, ammo prices to high, firearm selection wasn't good etc etc. As to the smell, it was about 100 Fing degrees in that place on Saturday.I guess we all don't splash bathroom polo on as thick as some folks who post here[laugh]. The promoter of the show would not but on the AC or the ceiling fans. Cheap SOB's.

It was a busy show for us. ( I work part time for a dealer) We had a great show. I got to talk to some fellow NES folks, some new customers who were great and made some extra cash.

Just got home from the show. what a waste of time, but i find myself going to everyone. i guess i figure i might just find a deal some day. I did not smell any one to bad. I did see the remington 1911 r1 for 599.99 not a bad looking gun. Im still amazed that someone would buy a hand gun at such over inflated prices.
$599 for a 1911 is an over inflated price...you must be kidding.

[laugh]

OK folks like you really kill me. You see somebody, assume because he isn't your twin hes a bad guy. Every Marlboro show somebody has to dump on this guy. He and his girlfriend are the nicest folks. Maybe instead of passing judgement on the guy you should have taken a minute out of your day and just said hello.

Also as usual there are the rookie gun show attendees who have some comment about illegal mags, ammo prices to high, firearm selection wasn't good etc etc. As to the smell, it was about 100 Fing degrees in that place on Saturday.I guess we all don't splash bathroom polo on as thick as some folks who post here[laugh]. The promoter of the show would not but on the AC or the ceiling fans. Cheap SOB's.

It was a busy show for us. ( I work part time for a dealer) We had a great show. I got to talk to some fellow NES folks, some new customers who were great and made some extra cash.

What booth do you work at? I've been meaning to stop by to say hi and introduce myself.

No, i dont believe so,, the guy wears a full Nazi uniform,, a major i think

Sounds like a good price someone found on the Remington 1911 R1, how are they? i have yet to see one. I really dont NEEd another 1911,,, but shit happens,,

Good score on the 1903 stock, looked like a beauty,,,,I can relate,, i search for Garand stocks.

I bought one, really nice, smooth trigger. Havnt had a chance to shoot it but hopefully tomorow evening, ill post up a range report after.

[laugh]

The guy who always has the tables on the left hand wall had some 40 round .223 mags, no dates I could see, forget the price. I should have just bought them but they were in such nice condition it seemed sketchy [laugh]

If theyd turn on the ac then nobody would buy anything as youd have to jack up your prices, I heard they jacked the wifi price on saturday morning before the show started?

$599 for a 1911 is an over inflated price...you must be kidding.

I hope hes referring to other manufacturers, I paid 599 after a dealer discount, even at the 625 he was asking it was a steal for such a nice pistol.

Last edited:
I went up today. Lots of cool things to look at it, not much to buy. To me pricing wasn't great. The guy in the middle selling bulk ammo had good pricing, unfortunatley i just purchased 1000 rounds of .223 and 500 round of 9mm. The pre ban ar-15 mags that i saw where all over priced, some as much as two fold. My main focus on going was to purchase an ar-15 upper. I personally only saw 3 complete uppers. Only one of which was the 556 i was looking for. Price tag was a little high so i passed.

This is the first show I have ever attended. I thought the 11 dollar cover was a little high bu then again i don't know what the cost of the show is or the amount of attendees.

I was surprised at how much inventory was actually there. Usually its 5-6 tables of guns and then tons of junk. There was a lot to look at, but the prices were outlandish. M&P 15T for 1600? Are you kidding me? FS has them listed for 999. Walther PK380 for 400 and some change? come on? I mean I know it's a gun show but they're prices were just so far out of line there it was insane.

Just got home from the show. what a waste of time, but i find myself going to everyone. i guess i figure i might just find a deal some day. I did not smell any one to bad.

If you go to gun shows looking for or expecting deals you're doing it wrong, you will be let down.

I did see the remington 1911 r1 for 599.99 not a bad looking gun. Im still amazed that someone would buy a hand gun at such over inflated prices.

Yes that price is awful considering that nearly every R1 I see on gunbroker is like $600+ [thinking]

-Mike

good show as far as selection goes but the prices, from ammo to guns, sucked! 4 of us went and none bought a gun... these shows are just a good excuse to walk around and see stuff but the deals are few & far between. my friend wants a walther p99c and we did find one but 9mm and he wants .40 so he'll have to order.

A positive note - MisterHappyJunior went to the guy that deals in all the used parts over in row B (Schlitz hat is is trademark), looking for trigger group pins for an 870. When they weren't immediately accessible, he and the guy that works with him spent about 10 minutes looking for them. For a $5 part. For a kid.

And I wasn't there to look impressive and "back him up" - he told me this later! [laugh]

Just thought I'd share....good customer service should be acknowledged.

Hmm, i guess if i get serious about getting one of those 1911a1's i should do some home work and find out if thats a good price or not. It strikes me as reasonable for a 1911 when you start loking at the price of other manufacturers 1911's,,,,

I'll admit, the shaved head guy has always freaked me out...because of the connotations of the skinhead movement of Neo-Nazism. I wonder how a conversation between me and him would go. And yes, first impressions do mean a lot. I know many of you say he is a totally ok dude...but impressions mean a lot.

Back
Top Bottom