• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro in march?

a quick cruise through GB on the Remington R1 1911,,, YES,,, $599 IS a good price, most were over $600 plus shipping. I found two that were around $550 plus shipping, then u gotta wait for them, and save what?? $10??? Then you have to drive to the dealer to pick it up. To those that got them @ 599 I think you did fine.

I though the show was better than the last one. Went to the parts guy at one end, got a few things for the new build, got a few patches, picked up some bulk ammo, a few things from the glock table. Was looking for a side by side 12ga, nothing tickled me. Took my kid to hockey practice. Had a burger at 5 Guys, with a side of lipitor. Over all a good day.

[laugh]

OK folks like you really kill me. You see somebody, assume because he isn't your twin hes a bad guy. Every Marlboro show somebody has to dump on this guy. He and his girlfriend are the nicest folks. Maybe instead of passing judgement on the guy you should have taken a minute out of your day and just said hello.

Also as usual there are the rookie gun show attendees who have some comment about illegal mags, ammo prices to high, firearm selection wasn't good etc etc. As to the smell, it was about 100 Fing degrees in that place on Saturday.I guess we all don't splash bathroom polo on as thick as some folks who post here[laugh]. The promoter of the show would not but on the AC or the ceiling fans. Cheap SOB's.

It was a busy show for us. ( I work part time for a dealer) We had a great show. I got to talk to some fellow NES folks, some new customers who were great and made some extra cash.
[laugh] OK, so I was kinda joking with that stuff (I saw someone post a couple days ago about when somebody would post about illegal mags and whatnot). yeah, I am certainly green when it comes to gun shows, but I know what to expect next time. And I WILL be there next time. Despite any bitches I had about it not living up to my expectations, it was worth the eleven bucks to wander around and fondle all sorts of guns. And people watch (I love to see what people are packing when they check their guns at the door). I just wish I had more time to wander and didn't have somewhere else to be.

Let me clear up what I said. I think the Remington r1 1911 for 599.00 was a fair price. I was talking about the 99% of other hand guns. Just got home from bass pro and they had better prices. Going to the gun shows you would think that dealers would love to unload there product. not pack up all those guns and ammo and bring it to the next show over and over again. I saw the same guns for the last three shows. Drop the price and move some product. Just my opinion. Sorry if this pisses people off but it the truth.

Picked up some Gunzilla CLP and a box of Hornady Critical Defense in .45ACP. Son bought a cheap knife. Met some nice folks. Saw some really nice weapons, but managed to keep the bank cards in my wallet.

I think I saw Heinrich Himmler there, too. That took some explaining to my 15-year-old...

The downside of 1A, perhaps?

Even idiots have a righrt to express themselves.

At the Battle of the Airfield in Stow (a WWII reenactment) a couple of years ago, I told a falschirmjaeger that the russians had joined up with the Americans.

"Russians! Farm animals in uniforms! Show them a lightbulb, and they think it's magic!" [rofl]

I guess the place you express yourself counts, too....

The downside of 1A, perhaps?

Even idiots have a righrt to express themselves.

At the Battle of the Airfield in Stow (a WWII reenactment) a couple of years ago, I told a falschirmjaeger that the russians had joined up with the Americans.

"Russians! Farm animals in uniforms! Show them a lightbulb, and they think it's magic!" [rofl]

I guess the place you express yourself counts, too....

Yup; he has the right to prove himself an a**h*** and I have the right to call him one. WWII re-enactments are different, though can't have a re-enactment without both sides!. However, I just CANNOT fathom why any sane individual would willingly wear a Nazi uniform in public.

Yup; he has the right to prove himself an a**h*** and I have the right to call him one. WWII re-enactments are different, though can't have a re-enactment without both sides!. However, I just CANNOT fathom why any sane individual would willingly wear a Nazi uniform in public.

Probably for attention... and he is probably reading this thread and fapping to all the attention he is recieving from us in every Gun Show thread.

I agree. I finally convinced my fiance to come to a gun show with me, and she is very proud to be jewish, and seeing the guy in full nazi uniform and the nazi propaganda all over the place really turned her off. I highly doubt she will ever be joining me again at a show, which is a shame. I thought she was gonna have words with him when he walked by. Mind you she is 5'10, weighs a buck twenty, and has a reach like Abe Lincoln.

I took my 7yr old grandson with me for the first time. I was able to make it around the whole show without my legs failing me, had my scooter and let my grandson drive, until he an over someone's foot, I think he moved because the front wheel went by ok.

I found a few good prices on .223, 45apc, and 9mm, found a bore snake for my 30-30, of course some jerky. Some tables were to jamed up to get close with the scooter.

Probably for attention... and he is probably reading this thread and fapping to all the attention he is recieving from us in every Gun Show thread.

guilty as charged. another marlboro gun show, another thread about nazis. i can see i didn't miss much this time around at the show (as usual). would have been nice to check in to see a few people i don't always run into but maybe i'll see you guys at manchester.

I took my 7yr old grandson with me for the first time. I was able to make it around the whole show without my legs failing me, had my scooter and let my grandson drive, until he an over someone's foot, I think he moved because the front wheel went by ok.

I found a few good prices on .223, 45apc, and 9mm, found a bore snake for my 30-30, of course some jerky. Some tables were to jamed up to get close with the scooter.

that rocks! i'm glad you're getting around better and that you had a good time with your grandson. you'd think folks would let you in with the scooter and your grandson with you... but honestly i'm not surprised.

I agree. I finally convinced my fiance to come to a gun show with me, and she is very proud to be jewish, and seeing the guy in full nazi uniform and the nazi propaganda all over the place really turned her off. I highly doubt she will ever be joining me again at a show, which is a shame. I thought she was gonna have words with him when he walked by. Mind you she is 5'10, weighs a buck twenty, and has a reach like Abe Lincoln.

So she's not going to go to a gun show because a moron or two dresses up as the worlds biggest a**h***s?

She's supposed to say to the guy "Hey didn't you get the memo? You guys lost. " [rofl]

-Mike

Does anyone know if there is a map of where dealers were set up? More specifically, does anyone know who was set up at the first booth on the left as you walked in?

I saw a lot of nazi literature and paraphernalia, stuff that went beyond historical curiosities being sold by at least a dozen vendors. Some only sold those items and nothing else. That and a guy dressed in an SS uniform can really be a turn off to a lot of people. Especially, when it it confirms stereotypes.

Shooting is my hobby I've been doing since I was ten years old. I don't want my hobby to be muddied by this kind of weird fascination with all things nazi. Insulting aside it's downright weird. Aside from that it makes gunowners look bad. I don't think you would go to a show regarding any other subject and see such a plethora of nazi related items. I think there was more nazi stuff than GI stuff. It's psychosomatic of something weird.

His girlfriend is in the right for feeling the way she feels. Hopefully she won't be turned off to all shooting sports.

KDK, fortunately she is still adament about going to the range once a month (better than never). I have her using my Ruger Mark II .22lr, and she is doing pretty darn well at 5 and 7 yards. I think I am going to bump her up to a 9mm next time we go, and then a 38, and eventually a 40 if she is up to it. My theory is, if there are guns in the house everyone should know how to safely and properly handle a firearm.

DrGrant, I always think of the best comebacks AFTER the event, I could have used that one at the show!!! I dont think she is done forever, but I know it will take some convincing to get her back. Not much bothers her, only Chucky (seriously) and Anti-Semites. Let's just say that coming home with a Chucky doll last april fools was the worlds WORST idea.. I got to keep the couch company that night though.

Picked up some Gunzilla CLP and a box of Hornady Critical Defense in .45ACP. Son bought a cheap knife. Met some nice folks. Saw some really nice weapons, but managed to keep the bank cards in my wallet.

I think I saw Heinrich Himmler there, too. That took some explaining to my 15-year-old...

Nice meeting you. Thanks for stopping by the GOAL table to say hi!

I saw a lot of nazi literature and paraphernalia, stuff that went beyond historical curiosities being sold by at least a dozen vendors. Some only sold those items and nothing else. That and a guy dressed in an SS uniform can really be a turn off to a lot of people. Especially, when it it confirms stereotypes.

Shooting is my hobby I've been doing since I was ten years old. I don't want my hobby to be muddied by this kind of weird fascination with all things nazi. Insulting aside it's downright weird. Aside from that it makes gunowners look bad. I don't think you would go to a show regarding any other subject and see such a plethora of nazi related items. I think there was more nazi stuff than GI stuff. It's psychosomatic of something weird.

His girlfriend is in the right for feeling the way she feels. Hopefully she won't be turned off to all shooting sports.

If you feel the need, say something to the show promoter, theyre the ones who decides who gets a table or not. Ive seen these clowns and the folks selling that junk since I started going to shows about 10 years ago, never see anyone buying any of it though. The rest of us will just keep on ignoring it and making our jokes.

Did it sound sorta like this? "Son, some people are a**h***s."
It was actually more along the lines of "he's probably a history buff and, well, Somebody has to be the bad guy!"

But his reaction (and he's a 6' tall jacked football/lacrosse player) was more like "what a DB, if I were Jewish I'd want to punch him in the face!" Despite my brief lecture on 1A freedoms in contrast to his step-mother's home country of Austria (where public display of Nazi paraphernalia will get you a fine and/or a prison term) I was proud of the boy for his indignation. [thumbsup]

I like what others here said about the negative association with gun-owners and "there's a time and place for reenactments", too.

ETA: great to meet you, too, Chuckster!

Hmm, i guess if i get serious about getting one of those 1911a1's i should do some home work and find out if thats a good price or not. It strikes me as reasonable for a 1911 when you start loking at the price of other manufacturers 1911's,,,,

Just remember there are three models of the Remington. The Talo being the top of the line. We had folks come to our booth and say I can get that for $599 only to find out it ws the base model. We sell only the Talo. My price to NES folks who didn't whine, complain, moan, etc. etc. was $635.00. We made 30 bucks on the sale but if your a NES member , support Comm2A and NOT GOAL I will give you a great price. Yes I said it, NOT GOAL. I am sure I get neg reps from all you supporters out there.

As to the post about the young guy with the shaved head and first impressions, OK lets take a certain lobbyist for a gun /hunting rights organization. He tips the scales well over 350 easy. Using your reasoning on first impression would you think hes a good role model /sponsor for the shooting sports.

Let me clear up what I said. I think the Remington r1 1911 for 599.00 was a fair price. I was talking about the 99% of other hand guns. Just got home from bass pro and they had better prices. Going to the gun shows you would think that dealers would love to unload there product. not pack up all those guns and ammo and bring it to the next show over and over again. I saw the same guns for the last three shows. Drop the price and move some product. Just my opinion. Sorry if this pisses people off but it the truth.

OK easy solution, don't go and shop at Bass Pro. Also if you think 599 is a fair price what kind of 1911 are you looking at for under 500 bucks? I have been in this business for a long time and seen prices go all over the place. A S+W 1911 will go $700 if your lucky. I don't know where you see these $?? 1911 but let the rest of us know.
It doesn't piss anybody off, it just shows your inexperience. Here is an example, a Remington costs the dealer 549. He sells it for $599. He pays $75 per table, gas to get to the show, if he doesn't have a broad band card he pays $25 a day for internet and $25 per day for electricity. So if you don't understand why prices seem higher than Bass Pro maybe volume buying plays into it as well. Given you have 7 posts I take your opinion with a grain of salt....no let me rephrase that. . There are always folks like you that will piss and moan about prices. Its a free country, buy what you want where you want. The rest of us will go to the shows, find a gem hidden away in some dealers showcase and you can go to bass pro and listen to the animal noises all day[laugh]

OK easy solution, don't go and shop at Bass Pro. Also if you think 599 is a fair price what kind of 1911 are you looking at for under 500 bucks? I have been in this business for a long time and seen prices go all over the place. A S+W 1911 will go $700 if your lucky. I don't know where you see these $?? 1911 but let the rest of us know.
It doesn't piss anybody off, it just shows your inexperience. Here is an example, a Remington costs the dealer 549. He sells it for $599. He pays $75 per table, gas to get to the show, if he doesn't have a broad band card he pays $25 a day for internet and $25 per day for electricity. So if you don't understand why prices seem higher than Bass Pro maybe volume buying plays into it as well. Given you have 7 posts I take your opinion with a grain of salt....no let me rephrase that. . There are always folks like you that will piss and moan about prices. Its a free country, buy what you want where you want. The rest of us will go to the shows, find a gem hidden away in some dealers showcase and you can go to bass pro and listen to the animal noises all day[laugh]
yea but a guy at the show told me he saw those things jam after 3 rounds [laugh]

OK lets take a certain lobbyist for a gun /hunting rights organization. He tips the scales well over 350 easy. Using your reasoning on first impression would you think hes a good role model /sponsor for the shooting sports.

You really come off as a douche, you know that? You might be a good guy, but you're not doing yourself any favors with this kind of crap.

Someone should dress up as Indiana Jones at the next show and wrap a bull whip around the Nazi guy's neck. Or dress as Captain America and smack him in the face with a shield. If he wants to play dress up, treat him like a joke.

It was actually more along the lines of "he's probably a history buff and, well, Somebody has to be the bad guy!"

But his reaction (and he's a 6' tall jacked football/lacrosse player) was more like "what a DB, if I were Jewish I'd want to punch him in the face!"

He sounds like a fine young man to me! BTW... I am Jewish, and I did want to go all Judah Maccabee on his ass! And I'm not normally a violent sort.

As to the post about the young guy with the shaved head and first impressions, OK lets take a certain lobbyist for a gun /hunting rights organization. He tips the scales well over 350 easy. Using your reasoning on first impression would you think hes a good role model /sponsor for the shooting sports.

I'd say he looks a lot more mainstream than Mr. Barcode does. And Mr. Barcode looks like a paragon of normality compared to Major Hochstetter wandering around in his Nazi duds.

You really come off as a douche, you know that? You might be a good guy, but you're not doing yourself any favors with this kind of crap.

lol.. [laugh2]

He sounds like a fine young man to me! BTW... I am Jewish, and I did want to go all Judah Maccabee on his ass! And I'm not normally a violent sort.
He is a pretty great kid, and did his appointed job of dragging me (and my wallet) away from the pistol counters when I got "that look" in my eye.

Incidentally, I was thinking about where this particularly strong reaction against Nazis came from, since he's typically pretty dispassionate about political things, and I'm thinking that our family visit to the Mauthausen camp in Austria after my wedding in 2009 may have had its intended effect! (I should probably credit long hours of watching the History Channels as well...)

+1

You rip on a kid for having 7 posts, isnt the point of the forum to HELP those with less experience (like myself), not make them feel stupid for not knowing something you obviously do for a living?? The gun community is already too small as is, you dont need to alienate those trying to be a part of it.

Last edited:
Incidentally, I was thinking about where this particularly strong reaction against Nazis came from, since he's typically pretty dispassionate about political things, and I'm thinking that our family visit to the Mauthausen camp in Austria after my wedding in 2009 may have had its intended effect!

I can tell you precisely where my reaction comes from. From knowing a guy with a number tattooed on his arm, and from visiting here when I was 14 & 15. I can still see some of those displays in my mind. The most memorable was a block of gold about 3" square (and at least an inch thick) - it was taken from fillings from teeth of the victims.

Back
Top Bottom