Marlboro in march?

I can tell you precisely where my reaction comes from. From knowing a guy with a number tattooed on his arm, and from visiting here when I was 14 & 15. I can still see some of those displays in my mind. The most memorable was a block of gold about 3" square (and at least an inch thick) - it was taken from fillings from teeth of the victims.
Truly horrific, and one of the reasons I took the kids to Mauthausen... I've been to the camps several times in my life, and each is burned forever into my memory. I really was glad to see it in him as well.

Truly horrific, and one of the reasons I took the kids to Mauthausen... I've been to the camps several times in my life, and each is burned forever into my memory. I really was glad to see it in him as well.

I'm not sure if I would have the nerve to actually set foot in one of the camps if I ever visited Germany. A friend of mine who just passed away was in the unit that liberated Dachau. He told me what it was like but refused to show me the photos he'd taken. I'm still not sure if I'm glad or sorry he never showed them to me. Sorry, I think - something like that NEEDS to be remembered so it is never forgotten. So men of good will can put a stop to it if someone does try to do it again.

I'm not sure if I would have the nerve to actually set foot in one of the camps if I ever visited Germany. A friend of mine who just passed away was in the unit that liberated Dachau. He told me what it was like but refused to show me the photos he'd taken. I'm still not sure if I'm glad or sorry he never showed them to me. Sorry, I think - something like that NEEDS to be remembered so it is never forgotten. So WELL-ARMED men of good will can put a stop to it if someone does try to do it again.
Agreed, and FIFY.

I'm not sure if I would have the nerve to actually set foot in one of the camps if I ever visited Germany. A friend of mine who just passed away was in the unit that liberated Dachau. He told me what it was like but refused to show me the photos he'd taken. I'm still not sure if I'm glad or sorry he never showed them to me. Sorry, I think - something like that NEEDS to be remembered so it is never forgotten. So men of good will can put a stop to it if someone does try to do it again.

+1

+1.

Wow got a email from a great guy and he told me my post was deleted. Is it possible for some one to delete my post? If so how can I avoid this in the future. I post a nice response to a real ****** last night. I don't have to name you again you know who you are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow got a email from a great guy and he told me my post was deleted. Is it possible for some one to delete my post? If so how can I avoid this in the future. I post a nice response to a real ass hole last night. I don't have to name you again you know who you are. What do you call a guy who's lower then snail shit big mouth guy 49+1. Just saying.

Give it up. Don't beat on dead horse. Big brother is watching. [popcorn]

Sent from my iPhone 5.

Just got back from the show. Yeah, most of the prices where up there. I did finally see the new Ruger 10/22 breakdown. Boy did they do it right with this rifle. I was very tempted to get it. Price was close to 400.

Full MSRP is $389 on that rifle.
It's a new model and in high demand, so don't expect to see much discounting on them right now.
In fact, I'm surprised it wasn't selling for a big markup over MSRP because it was a gun show and very few dealers have them right now.

http://www.ruger.com/products/ruger1022Takedown/models.html

Last edited:
As terrible a experience that it is i would suggest seeing one. It will give you a perspective in life that i do not think anything else will. It all made me very angry that people can do those things to other people because they do not look the same or practice another faith. It also made me angry that the volk did not see what was going on around them and allowed it to happen. It is something everyone of every faith should see at some point in their lives, preferably young.
The words never again have far more meaning to me having experienced the camps and the Holocaust museums in Germany.

It also made me angry that the volk did not see what was going on around them and allowed it to happen.

When Tony's unit got into Dachau (the town), all the people came up to them and kept saying "We didn't know what was going on" and words to that effect. He told me that they didn't know what the townsfolk were talking about... until they got into the camp. And then they went out to the town, gathered up all the townsfolk and marched them through the camp at gunpoint, telling them "THIS is what you were so careful not to see." Remember this is RIGHT after our troops reached it... so everything - survivors, bodies and all - were still there.

Wow got a email from a great guy and he told me my post was deleted. Is it possible for some one to delete my post? If so how can I avoid this in the future. I post a nice response to a real ****** last night. I don't have to name you again you know who you are.

I deleted it because the direct name calling was a bit over the top and there was a veiled threat in it.

I also edited your post above. You might want to take a quick look at the code of conduct. Also, try not to let other people bother you so much. People with a thin skin don't do too well around here.

Last edited:
With as many of the people knowing full well they were going to the gas chamber I am amazed to this day that they went timidly,,, being a Brit and having a major interest in ww2 in general i have read a lot on the camps, and even if they had no chance of winning i think personally i would rather have gone down fighting than being herded into a gas chamber.
There were few German guards at the chambers since the germans used prisoners to do all the dirty work so they didnt have too, a few determined prisoners could have overpowered the guards and taken thier guns. The fight would eventually gone against the prisoners but like i said, i would rather die fighting than a sheep. With just a few guns the Polish jews drove the Germans nuts in the Warsaw Ghetto with a few rifles and pistols,,it took the germans a long time to defeat the ghetto jewish population. I wonder if the German jews were so ingrained with "the govt. is in control and knows best" that they could not get beyond obeying what ever they were told to do, even at the cost of thier lives.

Ross, hubby went through Dachau when we were station in Berlin. He said it was very eerie going through it. He could tell you more.

With as many of the people knowing full well they were going to the gas chamber I am amazed to this day that they went timidly,,, being a Brit and having a major interest in ww2 in general i have read a lot on the camps, and even if they had no chance of winning i think personally i would rather have gone down fighting than being herded into a gas chamber.
There were few German guards at the chambers since the germans used prisoners to do all the dirty work so they didnt have too, a few determined prisoners could have overpowered the guards and taken thier guns. The fight would eventually gone against the prisoners but like i said, i would rather die fighting than a sheep. With just a few guns the Polish jews drove the Germans nuts in the Warsaw Ghetto with a few rifles and pistols,,it took the germans a long time to defeat the ghetto jewish population. I wonder if the German jews were so ingrained with "the govt. is in control and knows best" that they could not get beyond obeying what ever they were told to do, even at the cost of thier lives.
They'd certainly been starved and abused to the extent, both physically and mentally, by the time the Nazis started using gas chambers that resistance would have been difficult.

Also, as you visit these places (I've been to two of them... One twice) you learn how efficient and conniving the gas chamber system was. The incoming victims really didn't know about the mass extermination that was going on in the waning weeks and months of the war.

Despite this, there are still stories of resistance, both armed and unarmed. The willingness to slaughter was strong with the Nazis, but the will to live among their victims was also often strong.

Thanks Eddie. I'm sorry for blowing up and taking it over the top. It will not happen again. I would also like to apologies to the members for using that kind of language and aggressiveness. Have a great night all.

Back
Top Bottom