• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro Jan 28 & 29- 500 TABLES!

The mens room at most guns shows rates as one of the smelliest places on earth. Dear God what do some of you eat???
Wait, are you the same dude who creeps around the Y locker room? I hope you at least wore a towel in the gun show latrine...

Sorry couldn't resist. [laugh]

The Maine Jerky guy wasn't there but back in the right hand corner next to the snack bar, was crazy Dawn and her new husband selling all kinds of stuff including a little jerky, I passed.
I just remembered something weird that happened yesterday. I was dealing with the Olight guy, upgrading to the Warrior WII when some random guy approached us. He had a backpack, held it up and asked if we were buying handguns. The Chinese Olight guy looked confused, I said no, we're not buying any handguns. He just kinda stood the for a minute then went to the table across from Olight asking the same question while holding up the backpack. Was the guy just a weirdo or is he a plant and if so, (INAL) wouldn't that be considered entrapment.
That guy was probably a reporter trying to get a big scoop, hoping he’ll shutdown gunshows forever and then win a Pulitzer.

To bad the show us getting smaller, there where some been there for years not there. some unnecessary stuff that don't belong.
My first Big E show was weird. Besides all the unrelated innocuous stuff was one dealer with about 5 tables with tiny cello bags (for drugs?) and a few tables of law enforcement badges!!
The mens room at most guns shows rates as one of the smelliest places on earth. Dear God what do some of you eat???
I always ate jerky for lunch at the shows. Last time the jerky attacked my stomach and I haven't touched it since.
Yup.

If it wasn't for the high end knives to gawk at, I would never go to a gun show in Marlboro again.

Back when I worked those shows I never bought a single gun thing. I always stopped at my guy's booth before the end and bought a knife or three....

I went with the expectation of finding absolutely nothing. But ended up picking up an M3 Utica blade stamped trench knife with its original M6 scabbard. Been looking for an early one for some time. And it was the cheapest one in the show. And nicer then most.

Attachments

• 0BFBFE29-C2A2-4480-B797-8C08BBB4C764.jpeg
    0BFBFE29-C2A2-4480-B797-8C08BBB4C764.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
  • BB4DEC7D-0B80-4D61-BFFA-E70FAE9FCCEC.jpeg
    BB4DEC7D-0B80-4D61-BFFA-E70FAE9FCCEC.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
I used to love going to these shows, but they have steadily gone downhill over the years.

Bought a nice used stainless 10/22 from Tombstone , a nice S&W 65-4 from BandK, and a SMLE No.4 Mk2 from a shop in Tesksbury. Also bought a crate of Russian ammo for my Mosin Nagant. I paid $29.95 for that.

That was all years ago and I haven't gone to a show up here since before the panicdemic.

Paid $10.00 too much for a Buck pocket knife. Enjoyed meeting the owner of MK -Tek holsters. They make them in an old shoe factory in Rockland, MA. Good product.
Passed on the Zombie Bat, maybe next year.
It’s hilarious to me that Carole and Homeless Jeff Spicoli won’t allow vendors sell legal AR15s or Glocks, but they’ll allow these.

Back when I worked those shows I never bought a single gun thing. I always stopped at my guy's booth before the end and bought a knife or three....

Same, ironically I have never bought a gun at a gun show. Ammo, diff story, that's all I ever bought at gun shows.. Manchester show was always the best :)

Most of these people don't buy anything. Honestly it's probably just something they do to get away from their wives.
🤫

Realistically, I went with the tiny smidgen of hope to find anything .32 WS and to see how ridiculous it has gotten.

🤫

Realistically, I went with the tiny smidgen of hope to find anything .32 WS and to see how ridiculous it has gotten.
Speaking of .32... you just reminded me: Did anyone else spot the one box of .32 S&W Long rounds at the show? It was kind of a ragged looking old box of 50 that may have been reloads since they were being sold at a table with lots of reloading supplies.

Price sticker on the box: A cool $100.00 o_O

Paid $10.00 too much for a Buck pocket knife. Enjoyed meeting the owner of MK -Tek holsters. They make them in an old shoe factory in Rockland, MA. Good product.
Passed on the Zombie Bat, maybe next year.
Todd is my brother
They do a real nice job making quality holsters
Lots of satisfied customers

Enjoyed meeting the owner of MK -Tek holsters. They make them in an old shoe factory in Rockland, MA. Good product.
Great seeing everybody who came by. Saw a lot of folks who just wanted to stop by and say Hi and thank you. Love hearing stories from people who use our holsters. Thank you and hope to see you all again.

Back
Top Bottom