Marlboro March 28-29

I might give it a shot. Does this show tend to be any better / worse than other Western MA shows? Say compared to West Springfield?

Maybe on Saturday. I will have a yellow lab service dog by my side giving me "the look" as we get close to the beef jerky guy in the back of the show.

Nah. Too soon. Too busy with Spring projects. Plymouth (small, but good for my 7 yr old) is around the corner.

+ Long lines
+ Same crap/vendors
+ $12 admission
+ higher prices than any LGS
+ Ass stench
+ Balls hot by 10AM

My 2 cents worth for " GUN SHOW NEWBS "
I have seen many posts in the past years of how shows are and what ones are good and what to expect and BLAH BLAH BLAH.
This is really quite simple. There is no better way to see what every local and far away dealer has in stock under one single roof then to go to a show.
Imagine if you had to spend the time and gas money driving to every one of those shops individually. It just would never happen for most.
Here is what makes sense. Go to the show if you want to see a lot of older stuff that just is not out there that often these days.
Once in awhile you will even catch a nice break on something that is clean and decent to own.
Also go if you are not really sure what you want and would like to see a few choices side by side for comparison before making that new purchase.
Do not go expecting to see new production guns of any kind at a more than 20, 30, or even 50 % off price.
This will not happen, and think about it why would a gun shop owner pack up all his new stuff close his shop for 2 days pay for travel and for the booths he is using and then take a price that is much lower than he could get back home in the comfort of his own damn shop. I just don't get why people think that if a new gun is at the show it should be much cheaper. If anything the prices should be marked up on that stuff by maybe 20% just to cover the expense and aggravation of having to drag it out to the show.
I know there are some exceptions to the rule every now and again but for the most part if you are having a tough time over 10 dollars difference one way or the other than maybe you should not be buying at all. IT IS NOT A FLEE MARKET keep that in mind and have a great time at the show.
P.S. please stay the hell out of my way so I can see the good stuff :)

If anything the prices should be marked up on that stuff by maybe 20% just to cover the expense and aggravation of having to drag it out to the show.
Costs do not determine price.

I have a question for you guys...

Id like to go to this show. I'm waiting for my LTCA to get here and I do not have an FID card..can I go to these shows and to LGS and handle the guns or do the vendors and shops want to see a license first?

Last edited:

Id like to go to this show. I'm waiting for my LTCA to get here and I do not have an FID card..can I go to these shows and to LGS and handle the guns or do the vendors and shops want to see a license first?

Usually you will be asked to show your LTCA at a gun shop but I don't recall having to show it at a gun show recently. You have a better chance at handling a gun at a show than a LGS.

depends on the vendor, most have rifles out that you can freely handle. Handguns are pretty much inaccessible unless you ask to handle one.

Bonestock nailed it. Very few, if any, vendors are going to have discounts. The point is to see the stock and availability from all over the state. I go to the shows to see what's around, and if I get some random good deal, so much the better. Otherwise I pick the item up later at the lgs.

Back
Top Bottom