Marlboro March 29th and 30th Show

My only complaint about this gun show was that it was damn hot in there. Other then that I had a great time. There were more vendors then then I'd seen in a long time. I was there with a few things in mind and left with completely different things and I'm very happy with what I found.

SampK_zps4dad83fb.jpg

Top is a S&W 19-3. She didn't look like this when I bought her. She was dirty as hell and had some really crappy grips on her. It was listed for $550. I got it down to $450. There is one small spot on it, but other then that the nickel is in great shape. Some elbow grease cleaning, some nice metal polish, special grips I've been holding onto for a few years and damn she looks good.

The other is a nice Ruger SR22. Nice little gun for $320 at B and K from Natick. Nothing special, but a nice little shooter.

My only complaint about this gun show was that it was damn hot in there. Other then that I had a great time. There were more vendors then then I'd seen in a long time. I was there with a few things in mind and left with completely different things and I'm very happy with what I found.

SampK_zps4dad83fb.jpg

Top is a S&W 19-3. She didn't look like this when I bought her. She was dirty as hell and had some really crappy grips on her. It was listed for $550. I got it down to $450. There is one small spot on it, but other then that the nickel is in great shape. Some elbow grease cleaning, some nice metal polish, special grips I've been holding onto for a few years and damn she looks good.

The other is a nice Ruger SR22. Nice little gun for $320 at B and K from Natick. Nothing special, but a nice little shooter.

Nice looking K frame snubbie!

I had a couple of hours without any commitments, so I headed over to the show to see if anything caught my eye. I usually have a handful of parts that I need for various guns and I am always on the lookout for firearms that fall into my collecting sweet spots. I arrived a little before 1pm and walked right in. The heater was pumping for some reason (thankfully I had shorts and flip flops on) and the new carpeting seemed to hold in the heat. The temperature improved after about 30 minutes, and there was plenty of room to walk the aisles. I said "hi" to a few friends working tables, but didn't really find much that interested me other than some collectible ammo that I am a sucker for. I did find a vendor who was selling random M1 Garand enblocs for $2/each. I bought the only three Winchester stamped examples (usually $25-30 each) and sold them to another vendor for $20/each (arbitrage to a finance guy is like honey to a bear). It was worth going because its always worth going. I enjoy gunshows whether I buy a lot or a little.

In regards to disgusting and ass-smelling people, I think the pendulum is swinging the other way. The great majority of patrons were relatively clean and put together (there were a few exceptions of course) and the ratio of men:women was the highest I can ever remember (woman are catching up). I have to say the small vendors (not the stores or the more organized sellers) are the worst smelling and generally most disgusting people in attendance. Almost all of the larger vendors are clean/professional and represent or are affiliated with a shop, or they are private collectors/sellers who attend gun shows as a hobby or as an additional source of income. But there are also a good number of small sellers that look like they haven't showered in days and literally rolled out of bed and work the show in whatever clothes they slept in. They are also usually the ones who constantly complain about how slow their sales are and how potential buyers are stupid. It must be tough to enjoy life always being bitter and angry.

Last edited:
Also, it doesn't bother me in the slightest when a seller tries to get the maximum value for one of their items. If it sells, it sells, and if it doesn't, it doesn't. But I remember when vendors used shows to try and unload excess inventory and for business development purposes. I think B&K Sales is the only firearms seller that actually lowers their usual store prices when they attend gunshows.

Last edited:
Also, I doesn't bother me in the slightest when a seller tries to get the maximum value for one of their items. If it sells, it sells, and if it doesn't, it doesn't. But I remember when vendors used shows to try and unload excess inventory and for business development purposes. I think B&K Sales is the only firearms seller that actually lowers their usual store prices when they attend gunshows.

Bought a Ruger SR22 from B&K and he had the absolute lowest price at the show. The vendor across the isle from him was selling the same gun for $40 more. I found one guy selling it for $420. I'm pretty sure i pissed him off when I asked if he meant $320. Oh well.

I've found that some seller jack up their prices so they can haggle. I enjoy that part. I remember haggling with Zenks for over half an hour before we finally agreed on a price. That guy was legendary for it. What I don't get is the vendors who just look pissed off at their tables or don't give you a second look when you're looking at their stuff. Seems counterproductive to why there are at the show.

I bought a SR22 a few weeks ago. I made sure that the dealer would sell me plenty of 22lr at a reasonable price[smile]
pi love that little gun. Don't use it with Winchester X or Federal and dont even try DA mode.
Other than that it shoots in SA mode and has nice sights. Great inexpensive way to work on target acquisition and trigger press. With the right ammo I did not have any problem in 500+ rounds so far.

Originally Posted by samandglove1 View Post
Also, I doesn't bother me in the slightest when a seller tries to get the maximum value for one of their items. If it sells, it sells, and if it doesn't, it doesn't. But I remember when vendors used shows to try and unload excess inventory and for business development purposes. I think B&K Sales is the only firearms seller that actually lowers their usual store prices when they attend gunshows.
Bought a Ruger SR22 from B&K and he had the absolute lowest price at the show.

Bob Skory had a brand new in the box SR22 for $299, he sold it at about 2:00 o'clock as I was leaving the show.

I know because I was standing there when it sold, I had just told a newbee that that was a good gun at a good price, apparently the buy must have heard me and trusted my comment enough to jump on it.

Downwind

I was there at 8:50 standing inside waiting for the show to open. It was weird, it didn't smell but occasionally you could catch a whiff of BO but luckily the ladies were there and the perfume smell covered most of it. I'd say the rain held most people off too, at 9:30 there was no line and there was only 100ish people inside walking around. I found a S&W 686 for a good price from the Taugwank Spur people at the rear of the building. Nice people, fair price.

Yup. I agree with the Duck Dynasty look-alikes. But while looking kind of disheveled, all those guys seemed to be clean/washed and didn't smell bad at all.

I think they're just going for the look. Since the Duck Dynasty guys are pretty rich and essentially playing a part, I expect they shower regularly too.

Poo should I not bother its a 40 min ride for me was gonna be tjere at 145

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Poo should I not bother its a 40 min ride for me was gonna be tjere at 145

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

If it were me, no I wouldn't bother at that point.

I used to work the shows regularly in Foxboro and later in Marlboro, so I witnessed this every show I worked.

had a good time myself, got a comm2a shirt, some NRA raffle tickets, 2 LPK's ($60 each) and I picked up a 1944 M1895 nagant revolver with ammo and a holster from someone on here for $150. One question, did the lady selling the 30 rd sks Pmags (and a newish 100 rd drum) not know about our assinine laws or was she only selling to free staters there? I almost bought them anyway, JIC but i decided to be legal instead

Back
Top Bottom