• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro Sept. 22 & 23

Thats a decent price on the spam cans. You think I could bargain with this guy? Its the last day and I pay in cash. [hmmm] I will be sure to check it out.

His prices are pretty firm unless you're buying more than one. I'm sure whatever he doesn't sell today will just go to Plymouth in a few weeks.

Checked out the show today, as I realized the Pats weren't on until 8pm...interesting as always. Lots of stuff I don't get to see/fondle to often, which made it very hard to not make a spontaneous purchase...Almost picked up a DPMS upper for my lower from the group buy, but couldnt pull the trigger...seemed like a good deal, 389 for a flattop heavy barrel...but then again I know nothing about uppers, yet.

Left with a bag of jerky and some mosin stripper clips.

Usual gun show - but I enjoyed it anyway. Saw the $3000 PSL (Ha!) and alot of other crazy stuff, but I thought milsurps were generally pretty well represented - though way over-priced. Ammo prices were high, but that's getting to be the norm. Jerky man was doing some brisk sales. Saw Fred working too hard.

I didn't get to the show until about noon today (Sunday) and was pretty shocked at the crowd of people. I thought it would have been a dead zone.

The only thing that caught my eye was the commercial Winchester straight-pull rifle. Only 3000 of these were made, as compared to 15,000 of the "Navy" version. My price guide showed $2,500 for one in VG condition (which this was, except for a cruddy bore), and it was marked $1,450.

So, in the end, it came down to deciding between the rifle or sustaining 30 years of marriage...

Left empty-handed again. Oh, well.

I bought 5 pre-ban AR mags for $75. They were in good condition. Cleaned the shells, threw away the spring and follower, and put new ones in. Voila. Time to take them to the range and check them out.

Brake cleaner works wonders. [smile]

Great show this time around. Seems like there was more and better stuff this time, but it could also be I was there when the doors opened on Saturday.

Definately made sure to take full advantage of ALL of those gun show loopholes [rofl] by going through the EXACT same checks and process I do when I visit the local gunshops [rolleyes]

Last edited:
Wanted to say hi to 50 BMG but you were busy with a NICS check so I kept moving. Saw Gregs table also and a few people from NES and from my work.

I was looking for an Arisaka bayonet and although there were a few around, they all seemed overpriced. One was a Manchurian bayo and looked ok when the guy showed it to me... He forgot to pull it completely out and show that 2/3rds of the blade was junk...

Left with a small soft gun case and a lot of looking around. Ammo prices at least didnt seem to be in orbit anymore.

I bought 5 pre-ban AR mags for $75. They were in good condition. Cleaned the shells, threw away the spring and follower, and put new ones in. Voila. Time to take them to the range and check them out.

Brake cleaner works wonders. [smile]

Cool. I hope to find some cheaply priced ones at the Plymouth show. It will be for my 1st AR. Do you recommend putting in new springs and followers? Not sure what "bad" ones would look like.

I had a good time at the show today. I got there at 9am sharp and we got right in. I met a member of this forum who was at the GOAL table so I joined up and I got to fondle a $49,000 Famars Shotgun.

Usual gun show - but I enjoyed it anyway. Saw the $3000 PSL (Ha!) and alot of other crazy stuff, but I thought milsurps were generally pretty well represented - though way over-priced. Ammo prices were high, but that's getting to be the norm. Jerky man was doing some brisk sales. Saw Fred working too hard.

I didn't get to the show until about noon today (Sunday) and was pretty shocked at the crowd of people. I thought it would have been a dead zone.

The only thing that caught my eye was the commercial Winchester straight-pull rifle. Only 3000 of these were made, as compared to 15,000 of the "Navy" version. My price guide showed $2,500 for one in VG condition (which this was, except for a cruddy bore), and it was marked $1,450.

So, in the end, it came down to deciding between the rifle or sustaining 30 years of marriage...

Left empty-handed again. Oh, well.

Went looking for Psl mags Saturday. Uggh. That and R1A1 mags, tula 308. zip null, notta.

I HAD 5k rounds of 223 and 7K of 7.62x39. I tell folks to stop by and say Hi, and few do. Those who do, well lets say they benefit. I am getting it at cost from the guy I work for and he lets me sell to NES folks for cost.

I am SOLD OUT!!!!! do you wonder why at those prices!!!

Out of curiosity, what price did i miss on the .223?

Cool. I hope to find some cheaply priced ones at the Plymouth show. It will be for my 1st AR. Do you recommend putting in new springs and followers? Not sure what "bad" ones would look like.

If they're pre-1994, then they're over 15 years old. Mine were dirty and "tired." The stock spring and follower were very "used." So, they needed some serious cleaning and updating (e.g., new spring and follower). YMMV.

Managed to make it down, got in at 10 and stayed til well after closing [laugh]
Didn't find any deals this time around, saw a couple Dan Wesson revolvers I liked including a 460 for 575$ which wasn't bad. Only saw 1 10/22 ruger with a bull barrel but they wanted 400$ used. Saw that mosin with the heavy barrel, surprised nobody here bought it [laugh]

I saw some AR-15 hand guards today that I cannot find anywhere browsing online. I'm kicking myself for forgetting the brand. Maybe you guys can help me out or are familiar with them.

Single piece aluminum. Rail on top, with a swoopy curved side/lower portion. Looking from the side it kind of looks like an 'L' shape between each vent-rib sections. Slick looking device. I am struggling to describe it but it looked like nothing I had seen in a fore-end before. Any guesses?

Anyone see the Stag AR's for sale with compensators on the barrel? I figured I'd go home and check the specs on the Stag website and get one from a local shop but I can't find them on the website.
Anyone know what the model number was on them?

I saw some AR-15 hand guards today that I cannot find anywhere browsing online. I'm kicking myself for forgetting the brand. Maybe you guys can help me out or are familiar with them.

Single piece aluminum. Rail on top, with a swoopy curved side/lower portion. Looking from the side it kind of looks like an 'L' shape between each vent-rib sections. Slick looking device. I am struggling to describe it but it looked like nothing I had seen in a fore-end before. Any guesses?

Samson Evolution possibly?

samson-evolution-forend.jpg

Diamondback or something to that affect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a tag labeled "dragunov $3000.00" so I took a look at it and to my novice eyes it appeared to be a Romanian PSL... I almost couldn't believe it!

I admit upfront that I'm not an expert but the rifle didn't have that distinctive front handguard of a real dragunov and the whole thing smelled fishy! He also had a few m1903 Springfield "sniper" rifles and a couple mosin nagant "sniper" rifles all for sale at a premium!!!

Did anybody else see this guys table so I can figure out if I was right or if I am just another gun show novice???

No you are correct. Its a off the shelf Romak or Romanian PSL with a $75 dollar ammo pouch with four mags. Its a $600 rifle most places. I looked at it to see if it was an early import when they were actually manufactured by Cugair, it wasn't.

Oh well its part of the fun of going to gunshows.

Out of curiosity, what price did i miss on the .223?

7.62x39 1000 rounds $220, 500 rounds federal brass cased FMJ 55 grain $155. 62 grain 420 rounds $160.

Again that is GREEN NES members only and only folks who I have met at shoots or donate to Comm2A. Oh and folks on my ignore list.....go BLANK yourself. I wouldn't give you a deal if your life depended on it.

7.62x39 1000 rounds $220, 500 rounds federal brass cased FMJ 55 grain $155. 62 grain 420 rounds $160.

Again that is GREEN NES members only and only folks who I have met at shoots or donate to Comm2A. Oh and folks on my ignore list.....go BLANK yourself. I wouldn't give you a deal if your life depended on it.

Good to know, next time I won't be such an idiot and actually ask!

Similar to this but with more rounded edges. This looks too much like a regular hand guard with fancy cut-outs. The one I saw seemed to be much more rounded and flowing.... This is ridiculous trying to explain it. I'll bring a note pad next time (idiot)! Hopefully it will be at plymouth!

Every time I go there I swear its my last one. Between the gas to get there and admission, I figure I'm $30 in the hole before I buy anything. Ammo prices were Ok, but gun prices were high. I tried to haggle on 2 different guns, dealers seemed disinterested in negotiating so I left them there. Same old story about how the guns are already priced rock bottom blah blah blah..........

Try www.abarms.com

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

If you're talking about the guys with all the milsurp stuff, no; but they're there every show.

As to insane pricing - I've done it. I've brought stuff to "sell" that I put a crazy price on, because I kinda wanted to keep it. Some times, people have jumped on the things like ugly on rice, and sometimes I've taken it home.

If someone is willing to pay "too much" - then it wasn't too much!

[laugh]

Back
Top Bottom