• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro Sept. 22 & 23

<rant>
How is it safer requiring emptying of CCWs pointed at a 5 gallon bucket of sand drawing from concealed in a crowded entry way safer than just letting everyone go about their business?

Given the muzzle safety I have seen I want them to keep the damn guns holstered. And how long before an AD/ND?

Someone splain this please

</rant>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's "safer" in that now everyone "knows" that all the guns in the show area are "safe", in that the actions are tie-wrapped open.

Given the floor space, and the number of people and guns, there is no "safe" direction. There is likely no spot on the floor that a muzzle is not pointed in your direction, from somewhere.

If you see the stories about NDs at gun shows in other areas, it's pretty much someone's carry piece that's being looked at and ...bang.

That's why. It's an additional level of "safety". And, in the event of an "oopsie", the promoters can say, "It's not our fault!"

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Gun show opened at 9AM; wedding was in the afternoon. Plenty of time for both.

Your story beats mine....best I can do: one of my groomsmen asked to borrow my knife....'cause he thought I'd not have it....wrong!

[laugh]

I will be there. I have been preparing for this for weeks. I have eaten nothing but refired beans and mushrooms for 3 weeks and I havent had a showed in 2 weeks. I think I will fit in well.

I wish I could go Sunday but my broken toes will hate me driving a stick from Tewksbury...drive me :). If any one sees a 1911 drum mag for the love of all the gods. Buy me it and I'll pay you plus some lol. My dad can be a fudd and I love messing with him :)..... Or messing with any fudd. I will make that thing feed lol

Send it!

It's "safer" in that now everyone "knows" that all the guns in the show area are "safe", in that the actions are tie-wrapped open.

Yeah but this isn't the truth and at least every person with one functioning brain cell knows it. I've seen LEOs walking around on the floor of these shows with loaded guns, and I know many shoppers and dealers that conceal and completely ignore the rules.

-Mike

Yeah but this isn't the truth and at least every person with one functioning brain cell knows it. I've seen LEOs walking around on the floor of these shows with loaded guns, and I know many shoppers and dealers that conceal and completely ignore the rules.

-Mike

Yep, ive never taken mine out to unload and to do so is just stupid. They've never stopped me to ask if I was carrying either, but that wierd cop at the door winks at me every time [hmmm]

-Mike

Not me Mike..never..I Always follow the rules and never carry at any of the shows[wink]

Hey folks,

We'll be there all weekend and have some really cool stuff to sell. I'm posting here just so folks know that the actual shop is closed from Friday to Sunday. I'll post in some other places too.

Thanks for all of the support, and hope to you all soon!

Not certain but it probably is $11 or $12 to get in (coupon saves you $1).

When KTP had them (they sold out recently) the .50 cal cans were $10. The 40mm cans IIRC are $15 and they still had them around Labor Day.

Ya know, you just gave me a super thought drgrant. Maybe you could get Northeastshooters members a entry didcount. That would be great! I hope to see you at the ticket gate handing out passes!

Ya know, you just gave me a super thought drgrant. Maybe you could get Northeastshooters members a entry didcount. That would be great! I hope to see you at the ticket gate handing out passes!

You obviously don't know the promoter of this show. She doesn't give anything away!!

Nice thought however.

Ammo did appear to be pretty expensive. I was impressed that primer prices have come down (to $28/1000 from $40-50) from a couple years ago.

I saw a nice Guide gun and a Savage 110 in .338 Lapua - nothing else really floated my boat.

Initially pretty crowded.

I thought the show was good. Some pretty rare rifles you don't often see. No incredible deals that I saw but I wasn't checking everything.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom