Marlboro - Sept 22nd and 23rd.

Gun shows in the New England states the last few years have been disappointing, this one was in keeping with the pattern, between the nazi and kkk crap and ridiculously high prices on firearms that are an insult to any knowledgeable firearms enthusiast, this show at Marlboro was no different.

Overwhelming experience

This was my first show and I must say that it was all that I expected it to be with massive crowds, expensive guns and a lot of miscellaneous stuff. My budget was limited to $200; however, I only spent around $40. I got some IDPA targets, a large can of foam bore cleaner and a couple of things for my 1944 Mosin.

I did like the WW2 paraphernalia but the prices on some of that stuff made me realize that I will never be able to start a collection.

One thing that surprised me was the large number of old, rusted, and otherwise shitty looking guns and rifles. Does anyone actually buy those?

Last edited:
I didn't see anything I really wanted to buy. I came with enough cash to buy a nice Smith & Wesson N-frame revolver, but there was very little to choose from - a couple Model 27s, a couple Model 28s, a couple new Model 57s, and one Model 29. All priced at ridiculous levels. I spent $20 on batteries, $30 on some AK mag pouches and accessories, and $20 on the silicone emergency tape that guy was selling. That's some pretty neat stuff.

I wasn't looking at long guns or at semi autos, but it was a very disappointing show from the N-frame perspective.

I didn't see anything I really wanted to buy. I came with enough cash to buy a nice Smith & Wesson N-frame revolver, but there was very little to choose from - a couple Model 27s, a couple Model 28s, a couple new Model 57s, and one Model 29. All priced at ridiculous levels. I spent $20 on batteries, $30 on some AK mag pouches and accessories, and $20 on the silicone emergency tape that guy was selling. That's some pretty neat stuff.

I wasn't looking at long guns or at semi autos, but it was a very disappointing show from the N-frame perspective.

I got some of that tape too, awesome stuff!

I thought there were more knife vendors then gun vendors, but overall I had a good time. Met a bunch of NESers while walking around and pased up one of those great deals of a lifetime. By the time I realized what I passed up it was gone. A guy was selling a HK Super 90 with a 28 inch bbl, 5 choke tubes and the slug bbl for $550. I should of jumped all over that. I did find a replacement stock for my Enfield 2A in really good shape for $40 and I got some really nice 1911 cocobola grips for $25. Overall I walked away pretty satisfied.

It was interesting in that I watched a group of 3 people, two guys and a pretty hot looking girl, attempt to do a straw purchase at Tombstones. They almost did it until the guy tried to pay for it while the girl was filling in the paperwork. I had overheard them as I was walking behind them that they were going to do that and was wondering if I should say something. They turned them away though. Mentioned it to a few other NES friendly vendors just to make sure they didn't get stuck.

I will say Kudo's has to go out to the girl who was manning the Goal table. She was very active asking people to join and I watch her get two guys to pay up as I was walking by. If she did that through the whole show, they probably got a number of new members. Nice.

Did anybody see those "eye assist" things? $20 for a sticker with a hole in it seams crazy to me. Though the idea was interesting.

Yeah, there were those, and I saw a 637 or two as well. But, as has been mentioned, the prices weren't great. If I were you, I'd give my business to my local gun shop. You'll probably pay the same or less than at this show.

Just got home from the show. Almost bought I stripped AR lower, but I'd be inclined to buy everything else needed to complete it, and I'm still trying to keep my next purchase to a CMP Garand. yet no matter how hard I try, I keep buying something else.[crying]

I was kinda surprised at how few tables there were as opposed to years past. That was the first thing my wife noticed when we walked in the door. There was a guy from Maine selling a bunch or C&Rs; M1 carbines, Lugers, Walther p38s and 1911s. I wish I'd had the coin to buy something from him. Then again, I go back to the wanting a CMP Garand thing...

dang vicious cycle [wink]

dang C&R license [wink]

As expected, ammo wasn't cheap. But I found some cheap 9mm and .45 reloads from the NH guys, $8.60 a box, which is pretty good. Also found CLP for $1/bottle, a terrific buy.

But I agree with the other poster, there were SO MANY knives. Not to say there was a shortage of guns, but I'd prefer it if they put the knives on one side of the room and the guns on the other. Would make shopping much easier.

Gun shows in the New England states the last few years have been disappointing, this one was in keeping with the pattern, between the nazi and kkk crap and ridiculously high prices on firearms that are an insult to any knowledgeable firearms enthusiast, this show at Marlboro was no different.

+1 That says it all.

Just too far of a ride for me just to be disappointed at the pricing. Can't buy and handguns even if I saw a good deal which I wanted in past shows. I'm down to attending the Manchester show maybe once a year just to kill a morning.

I went today and was not impressed. I'm not a huge gunshow fan as there is usually more Gip-Gop than anything. I did however pick up an M&P Compact from Tombstone Trading for $469.00. I'm happy with that price.

Pete

I went today and was not impressed. I'm not a huge gunshow fan as there is usually more Gip-Gop than anything. I did however pick up an M&P Compact from Tombstone Trading for $469.00. I'm happy with that price.

Pete

Nice pick up. I am starting to believe Tombstone may actually drop their prices for the show. A member PM'd me about one that I thought I saw in his case a couple of weeks ago for $20 more.
I thought most hike their prices??
Plus he bring almost his entire inventory.

Got a nice Sig P228 in 9mm from Tombstone. Excellent price. Also got a ton of 9mm ammo and loads of bullets and primers for the .308's (FAL's). Had a great day there.

Q3131(Win 5.56) was $.40 a round by the case from the other semi big ammo dealer,screwface from NY was his usual high prices..Privi 5.56 in a 200 round BP for $86.00,SA .308 $74.99 a BP..

I got a decent deal on a crate of brass cased 7.62 x39.

Although I might have missed a few deals because I always keep my head down at gunshows.[smile]

Last edited:
Anyone spy any S&W 642/442 .38 airweights for sale? I am hopefully breaking away in the morning for a couple of hours.

I think that we have an airweight...but I don't know what model. Stop by tomorrow and see.

I am on Sunday!!!!

Hey, also, stop by the tables...I have your Ice Cream.

Powder?
primers?
brass?
bullets?
Anyone see any deals?

The guy against the back wall, down by us. Has an IN with Tim. He's carrying Northeast Bullets. WICKED CHEAP. He's bringing in me a box of 500 heads for 25 bucks. If you were in today and he didn't have what you wanted, he was going home and bringing them back tomorrow. He had a shopping list of stuff to bring.

I was suprised that I only saw a few people at the show today.

And whoever it was that wanted the .22s. We brough a lot of them. Most around 95 bucks because it was asked. And they are A LOT better than the guy that's selling them, "Any on the table for 60 bucks." Most of those were trashed...or needed parts.

Anyway, anyone going tomorrow, stop by the Powder Keg table and say hi.. We're towards the back where the tent outside it put up. In the isle down with the food...but up in the front.

I think that we have an airweight...but I don't know what model. Stop by tomorrow and see.

Hey, also, stop by the tables...I have your Ice Cream.

The guy against the back wall, down by us. Has an IN with Tim. He's carrying Northeast Bullets. WICKED CHEAP. He's bringing in me a box of 500 heads for 25 bucks. If you were in today and he didn't have what you wanted, he was going home and bringing them back tomorrow. He had a shopping list of stuff to bring.

I was suprised that I only saw a few people at the show today.

And whoever it was that wanted the .22s. We brough a lot of them. Most around 95 bucks because it was asked. And they are A LOT better than the guy that's selling them, "Any on the table for 60 bucks." Most of those were trashed...or needed parts.

Anyway, anyone going tomorrow, stop by the Powder Keg table and say hi.. We're towards the back where the tent outside it put up. In the isle down with the food...but up in the front.

I'm the .22 guy :). I saw that .22 for 60 bucks table, walked right on by that they were beat to hell. I ended up getting a good deal on a sweet Ruger 10/22 w/scope for $165 at the "Gun and Gun Parts" table. Check it out here:

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24723

Back
Top Bottom