• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro - Sept 22nd and 23rd.

If it's not under $129 I'm not interested... that's what Zero Hour and Yankee Artifacts are selling them for. I can wait if'n they want too much. I have until Christmas for one and April 1st for the second.

I was surprised I didn't see more people today. Where was everyone? [thinking]

Bueller, Bueller....

I picked a few hundred rounds of misc ammo for my limited arsenal, so the day wasn't a total loss.

I think next time, we need to have an NES announcement over the loud speaker for a meet. Maybe at the GOAL table to get those new round NES decals...

Bought 4 Glock 26 magazines for $12.00 each- A very good deal IM.HO. I also dropped off my Uzi carbine barrel with Zero Hours to be chopped down for my SBR project but the $9.00 price of admission was tough to take

i Picked up a very good condition bayonet for my Arisaka M99 and one for my No. 4 Mk1 at decent prices. some parts for the Enfield and 160 rounds of Privi 7.5X54mm French at $12 box. Though i came with a pocket full of dough i still didn't find anything that had to come home with me. Though that new Mauser Tanker at the Powder Keg did catch my eye for a second.

Budgeted $500.00 for ammo and accessories only... $1,000 if a firearm was in the mix. As it was I only spent $260.00: some SA 7.62 battle packs, a couple of 40 round AK mags and a few other odds and ends.

There were a number of handguns that caught my interest, but not at the prices being asked.

One item worth noting... the guy walking around with an STG-44 slung over his shoulder[shocked]. I didn't get a chance to ask him anything about it, but if I overheard him correctly, he was only asking $15,000 for it.

I went this morning and saw a bunch of NESrs. More than what I figured would be there for a Sunday.
There were a few guns I could have bought but a code 26 SKS that had the been there done that look caught me eye. It was on the rack at the Collectors table and Terry told me it was a Vietnam bringback that he got from an old man. I stripped it down on the way home and there isn't a single import stamp anywhere on it so who knows. The price was right though and it spoke to me so I bought it as a kind of first rifle for my newborn Son.[smile]
There were quite a few SKS rifles that aren't normally seen around, Romanian, Albanian, Norincos, and some Russians. Prices weren't too bad considering what they've been going for lately.
I was glad to see Mikey and Mrs Magnum walking around with what looked like a case of Golden Tiger at a fair price. Sure beats paying $5+ a box.
All in all I think it was a pretty good show. Nothing to complain about on my end except the jerky guy had no Downeast style.[sad2]

Went to the show yesterday and managed to talk myself out of every gun I looked at. I did pic up some mags, and a set of A1 style handguards for my AR ( I have a soft spot for the retro look). Most of the guns I looked at were priced higher than I wanted to pay, or are readily available from local shops in the same $ range. At any rate, I had a good time browsing and chatting with some fellow NES'ers.

I just got back and I couldn't find anything that I really had to have. My friend bought a Gew 88 and some ammo. There wan't much there that jumped out and said buy me. O well I will just have more money for the Big E show.

Last edited:
Didn't see anything at the show I couldn't live without. Picked up my ten boxes of .300 Savage from flotter390 (Thanks, Fred), and a sleeve of .22lr CCI Standard Velocity for Bullseye competition this winter. Man! I was sure I could find a sleeve of five, 100-round boxes for $25.00, but the best I could find was $28.00. Things sure have changed from two years ago when I was picking it up for $17 or $18 a sleeve.

Well, I guess we are at war, and the nation needs .22lr to fight the terrorists, so I can understand the huge increase in price....

We had a good time today, so many things I can't have. As M4M said I got a 1000 rd. case of Golden Tiger of $179 which I think is pretty good, Thanks to C-pher for holding on to it for me, my dumbass was carrying it around for a while.

Mrs. Magnum got a very nice new toy which she can post about.

It was nice to meet some new faces and see some old ones.

The only part of the spectacle I missed today was teasing C-pher at the Powder Keg. When I asked for his whereabouts some robust guy at their table mumbled something about his having had too good a time last night in his cave-like basement ManTown. [smile]

So, Cross-X, I didn't think that I was part of the spectacle! Saw you there and met LenS and C-pher (he wasn't hiding from me). Not a lot of good pricing on parts and mags. Picked up enough stuff for the WASR-10 that it will be ready for hunting deer in NYS!

Can't wait.

Had a good time; picked up some jerky, a spare extractor spring and a cleaning kit for my M1, a manual for my M1 carbine... looked seriously at a Marlin .357 lever action at Powder Keg but decided to pass; C-pher wasn't sure if it was .357 only or if it would chamber .38 Special... and as much as I liked the price, I still have to build a couple of Liberty Trainer Rifles between now and April (in fact, one needs to get done before Christmas!).

Still, I saw a bunch of NESers, and met a few Brothers as well. Still kicking myself for forgetting my $1 off card at home, though.
banghead.gif

Afterwards, Mrs Magnum and Mikey came over for lunch and we went shooting for a bit. Good day. And the Pats even won! [smile]

The only part of the spectacle I missed today was teasing C-pher at the Powder Keg. When I asked for his whereabouts some robust guy at their table mumbled something about his having had too good a time last night in his cave-like basement ManTown. [smile]

Nope. I was there..you should have came back to the table. I'm sure that I was on one of my many trips to the Hotsauce Harlets for a taste of more yummy hot goodness with someone.

And no Mantown for me. I left the show last night, went to Hingham to go into work. Power up all the Telco equipment, NAMS, Routers, Switches, Servers, and check everything to make sure it was working after a building shutdown during the day.

I got home around midnight, and then went to bed, and got up to work the show again today.

And Mikey, anytime. Next time, just come over earlier.

Well it was good seeing a lot of NES'rs yesterday!

We signed up 10 GOAL members (including the principals of First Defense Firearms in Uxbridge {posts as First Defense and Denn1911} - very nice couple), and my Wife has finally made the decision to join GOAL [smile], so I'll be talking with Nancy later today (hopefully we can make that a "Family Life" membership).

Sorry folks, but I found no NES stickers when I arrived yesterday just before the show opened.

Many thanks to CrabPirate, vaccaroja, Kim and my Wife for helping me disassemble the GOAL table and haul it out to the car.

I picked up some ammo for excellent prices! 3 boxes of factory .45 for $25! [smile] 1 box of factory .32 Long for $12 and 4 boxes (1 - .44Mag for T/C only Linotype, 3 - .32 Long) reloads for $34! [smile] [smile] Got my beef jerky for lunch and took my Wife out for dinner after we had a very nice visit with Mike at Tite-Group.

My Wife picked up some sort of Israeli helmet. She's told it was mil/LE, but I suspect that it is actually something more like an air-raid warden, so if you see someone in a strange white helmet at the next NES shoot, that'll be my Wife. [laugh] [laugh2]

Last edited:
I installed two replacement windows!

But I did manage to get in two rounds of trap, I even shot a 25 on my second round. [smile]

A good day, but no show for me. [sad2]

I went on Saturday, it was OK. I thought the prices were way to high on alot of stuff also. I got to meet a few of youa'll though (again [smile] ). I got to meet the ADCO owner also, nice guy, talked with him for awile.

It was worth the ride out though, looking at gun stuff is more fun than mowing the lawn [rofl].

Looking forward to the Eastern States show coming up, the fall one is always the big one, plus I saw a Ruger snubbie at Zero Hour that I was thinking about, I called them today and said to bring it out for me to check out / pick up at the Big E show.

Back
Top Bottom