• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro: Sept 24 & 25

It doesn't really take rocket appliances to figure out what's not going on at these things especially when you have close friends that still actually go... to them it's like an act of masochism or boredom. Nobody ever says "it was jammed with people and every table was filled" etc. If you really want i will go and provide a long scathing post as to how it sucks. 🤣 about the only cool things about these shows is that you might actually run into somebody you already know.

Or you talk to the actual dealers who used to do the shows and won't bother anymore even when they are 5 minutes from their shop! That in itself is telling enough.

For some reason, I was told to ask about this here.

"COG" ?
"Chinese Optics Guy".

There's always a dude that sells cheap Chinese Optics at these shows I will actually stick up for this dude because even though most of that stuff is basically junk, the guy actually stands behind his stuff and I had him replace at least one red dot no questions asked.

The Chinese part is also a double meaning sort of thing. I think the dude that sells them is also Chinese..... 😀

"Chinese Optics Guy".

There's always a dude that sells cheap Chinese Optics at these shows I will actually stick up for this dude because even though most of that stuff is basically junk, the guy actually stands behind his stuff and I had him replace at least one red dot no questions asked.

The Chinese part is also a double meaning sort of thing. I think the dude that sells them is also Chinese..... 😀

I never bought anything there, but at least the guys tables are clean and well organized, which is saying a lot at a gun show :)

If I go the show, it is for the knives. There are some dealers with some rare one-offs and customs,, prices arent the greatest but I was able to handle a $3k Microtech HALO 5 custom last year :)

I never bought anything there, but at least the guys tables are clean and well organized, which is saying a lot at a gun show :)

If I go the show, it is for the knives. There are some dealers with some rare one-offs and customs,, prices arent the greatest but I was able to handle a $3k Microtech HALO 5 custom last year :)
Does Dave from nh still go to the shows? He was my knife guy back then he used to get me some killer deals at the end of the show. I lost a lot of my gun show wages to his booth.... 🤣

*Snip* I haven’t been to a Northeast gun show since they kicked out Shooting Supply for having prices too low.

But let me see if I can walk you through one now anyway:

- Homeless Jeff Spicoli watches while slow learners unload their carry guns.
*Snip*
I know who you mean, but he's a bit too tall to be Spicolli.

Does Dave from nh still go to the shows? He was my knife guy back then he used to get me some killer deals at the end of the show. I lost a lot of my gun show wages to his booth.... 🤣

I don't think so.. There is a guy from western MA I think, he usually has a bunch of knives. He was also a Surefire dealer that got busted some years ago selling below MSRP at shows and now every light is MSRP. Last show there was a guy from CT( I think) he had a lot of expensive customs that were cool to look at. His knives were so expensive (market prices, not way out of line) that even if I could bargain the price down a bit, I still couldn't afford them lol

The last Marlboro show I was at was last year, and that was the first one in quite some time. Most likely won't be bored enough to go this next show, plus there aren't any knives out currently that I want that I can't get online.

Probably a better idea just creating a thread here and dealers can sign up for a specific day to be open and they can advertise any specials they might have. Maybe dealers with the proper account here can advertise sales, dealers without dealer memberships here can just say whether or not they will participate.

Let this be the last time you volunteer Jack to work without being compensated and we will let this momentary lapse of reason be forgotten :)

Well that sucked. No line, no people, no vendors, and $14 to get in! The few vendors I tried to haggle with seemed to be more interested in taking their stuff home than selling it. I think this may be the last time for me. The highlight of the trip was going out to lunch with my buddy afterwards.

All depends on what you are looking for. [thumbsup]
Looking for what, a means to waste $14? I realize you guys are in denial but seriously these things have sucked for about a decade now. Even I used to make excuses for them but they are way beyond the pale now especially with this stupid c*** promoter.... letting "Whiny pussy rapist McShitvolume Boring the IIIrd" type trash grade shops run the shows, driving better vendors and even the smallest notion of competition out of the shows.

I went today as a buddy wanted to go.

Besides the admission charge, I spent $0. My buddy bought a can of ezox $10 and then went to cabellas.

Was pretty lame.

we did the mill the other week. So did not bother today.

This is all pretty sad. I remember how awesome all the shows were back in the 90's. Springfield was the best before they started letting all the flea market junk in. The Sturbridge show was smaller, but it seemed like every table there, had something I liked or wanted on it.
So, what happened? Is it the shitty promoter that ruined them?
How far would we have to travel to find a great show, PA?

Back
Top Bottom