• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro: Sept 24 & 25

MA gun show could be just as good if the promoter didn’t kick out vendors who have too good of a price and then piss of other vendors so they leave as well. When you go to a gun show and there are only 5-6 gun vendors what does that tell you. Basically there needs to be a new promoter.
That whole Shooting Supply scandal is apparently still troubling to many. I've managed to get over it.

Vendors that I have spoken with who no longer do the shows usually tell me that it simply became no longer profitable or worth the weekend effort. Part of that may have been the cost of tables... but the killer part of that is what dealers are able to sell in MA without fear of harsh retaliation from Dimples the Tyrant.

That whole Shooting Supply scandal is apparently still troubling to many. I've managed to get over it.

If you knew better you would know that's not the only one, but one of many. That incident just happens to be in the top 5 worst.

Vendors that I have spoken with who no longer do the shows usually tell me that it simply became no longer profitable or worth the weekend effort. Part of that may have been the cost of tables... but the killer part of that is what dealers are able to sell in MA without fearing harsh retaliation from Dimples the Tyrant.

It's not dimples that's the problem it's actually getting ratted out by other dealers who are a bunch of pussies and willing to throw other dealers under the bus for doing things that are perfectly legal. The backstab factor in those things is high, and it only takes one or two shit dealers and a bad promoter abetting them to ruin everything.

It's not dimples that's the problem it's actually getting ratted out by other dealers who are a bunch of pussies and willing to throw other dealers under the bus for doing things that are perfectly legal. The backstab factor in those things is high, and it only takes one or two shit dealers and a bad promoter abetting them to ruin everything.
I understand that part, but the root problem is still the Tyrant and our crappy, unconstitutional MA gun laws. :(

That whole Shooting Supply scandal is apparently still troubling to many.
Not familiar at all with this. Is it chronicalled somewhere on here?

If you knew better you would know that's not the only one, but one of many. That incident just happens to be in the top 5 worst.

So, is there a cure? If so, how does that come about?

You'll have to let me know all the other dealers who have been forced out by other dealer complaints. I only know of two: A.P.Martinello and (supposedly) Shooting Supply. 🤔

Not familiar at all with this. Is it chronicled somewhere on here?

So, is there a cure? If so, how does that come about?
I'll let others tell their version of the Shooting Supply scandal. A.P.Martinello was thrown out for selling new Glocks in defiance of The Tyrant.

Last edited:
I'll let others tell their version of the Shooting Supply scandal. A.P.Martinello was thrown out for selling new Glocks in defiance of The Tyrant.
I seem to remember there was also some kind of a crack down on AR / AK etc. at one point too. That literally doesn’t happen without a rat involved, someone quite obviously upset that their pre 94 papered garbage was not the only stuff for sale at the show.

Also see anyone selling AR lowers there? unless something has changed my guess is going to be that’s a big no. (and those are easily legal).

I seem to remember there was also some kind of a crack down on AR / AK etc. at one point too. That literally doesn’t happen without a rat involved, someone quite obviously upset that their pre 94 papered garbage was not the only stuff for sale at the show.

Also see anyone selling AR lowers there? unless something has changed my guess is going to be that’s a big no. (and those are easily legal).
If I recall correctly, the MSR "crackdown" at the shows (posted: No ARs or AKs allowed) came after The Tyrant's 2016 decree. No mystery there.

I think I saw one lonely AR lower at the show. Can't recall if it was an 80% or complete. Might not have even been for sale.

If I recall correctly, the MSR "crackdown" at the shows (posted: No ARs or AKs allowed) came after The Tyrant's 2016 decree. No mystery there.

I think I saw one lonely AR lower at the show. Can't recall if it was an 80% or complete. Might not have even been for sale.
I saw a fixed mag lower and a few off brand ar’s there.

No 80’s that I saw.

Many fewer tables; increased admission price. Shrinkflation + Inflation.

I have an interesting talk with the guy at the Starrett table. They were exhibiting product, not selling as far as I could tell. He showed my how their force meter is used to generate those cool trigger pull graphs you see in the gun rags. Now it gets interesting.....

He stated that Ruger generates a trigger pull graph of every gun sold and keeps in on file. If a gun is found with an obliterated serial number, the police agency can have Ruger re-generate the graph on the instrumentation, compare that the graphs on file, and match it to the individual gun.

There was the typical "with all these people here some sucker will pay what I ask" pricing. The going rate for old 30 round AR mags was about $50 (sitting, not selling); Glock pre-bans frm $100 to $125, and ancient surplus 7.62x39 ammo at 75 cents around - and that was by the case pricing.
You missed the pre ban scherer (sp?) 33 round happy sticks that were listed for $750 (but open to offers). No joke.

Not familiar at all with this. Is it chronicalled somewhere on here?

From my second hand hearing of it, they had pricing on guns that was considered "too low" to other vendors and everyone complained that they were undercutting prices to sell more stock. Other vendors couldn't sell their gun because of the higher price point. When vendor was approached about this he didn't change his pricing. The promoter then decided not to rent them tables anymore stating they were full up. Basically a lot of people here stated it was better to go to this vendors shop then it was to go to the gun show.

No line. Attendance down for certain. No ammo guy. No Dave the PA parts guy. Mike from West Spfld not there.
First of all, yes, I still have a flip phone. This is the text I sent the Ammo guy an his response. Kinda cryptic.

Attachments

• 20220926_100715.jpg
    20220926_100715.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20220926_100729.jpg
    20220926_100729.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 38
Damn. :oops: When the ammo guy gives up on the shows, that is not a good sign. 🤔
Yeah, I prefer to pay a few cents per round more with cash than Credit Card,
especially now that they're tracking our purchases.

Yeah, I prefer to pay a few cents per round more with cash than Credit Card,
especially now that they're tracking our purchases.

It's shipping costs that kill my relatively small quantity purchases of my "oddball" ammo. :(

First of all, yes, I still have a flip phone. This is the text I sent the Ammo guy an his response. Kinda cryptic.

my guess at translation:

Translation: "These MA shows suck badly enough that I am seriously debating on whether or not to even burn the diesel to come up to them"

Think about that truck he has and how many tables he has to rent. And even as one of her "Pets" hes still going to get boned on his
table costs. Let's do some math.... so he has, what, at least 9... tables at the $80 rate. That's $720 just for his tables
before he even drives down there. His warehouse (based on my internet divining rod) is about 250 miles from Marlburrah. So that 26K straight job he
drives, , on a good day probably gets 10 mpg (I'm being optimistic). At current diesel costs thats another $225-$250 in diesel round trip. I'm not even including the lodging
cost for him and whoever his helpers are. Don't forget the wages of any helpers he brings. He's probably gotta have at LEAST one other guy to prevent
shrink if it actually did get busy. (If you don't watch people like hawks they will steal shit, guaranteed). Let's say thats another 200 bucks for 2 nights of
lodging. Another few hundo for helpers. (even under the table hes gotta pay them at least 10+ an hour or they'll never show up) So he's spent probably over a grand
just to SET UP at the show before he's sold a single box or crate of ammo.

Now if he has a show like what Marlburrah was, would you think he would even break even? Now supposedly there were more people sunday, so he probably would
have made money... but I would bet that even if he discounted, he still would have ended up making "punch yourself in the dick" type of money. In other words, you turn a
profit but you're like "why the f*** did I even bother" etc. There is a lot of business that is "more expensive than its really worth".

In order for someone like Chris to make money there better be long-turd-cord lines of people queued up in the parking lot each day, then he has a chance of making real
money, because 80% of the people who come through the door aren't going to buy anything regardless of the price, but if you have a few thousand people come through, your profit
increases dramatically.

Honestly I hope he is "working" that stupid bitch- maybe to get cheaper tables or something, without him there its eventually going to hurt her attendance. (I realize Chris is
controversial at these shows, but IMHO he is not really the root cause of any of these shows sucking, frankly. )

Last edited:
Chris is the NY ammo guy?
I believe so…. But I don't think he's NY based anymore, or at least let's put it this way my divining rod says PA. but I would yes that he's probably still doing the NY/MA whatever circuit as well. Admittedly he's not going to sell as much up here because of the people like TS USA or whatever but really the main problem for ammo sellers at these shows is nobody's coming in the door. It doesn't help matters that there's never any internal competition anymore with ammo sellers or anything at these things. In the old days I think he used to go to war with blonde Elvis and that would actually result in prices that wanted you to bring a 2 wheel cart into the gun show...

Hello All! I have to say I agree with Dr. Grant's description of the expenses incurred by said ammo dealer. I spent the better part of the last 20 or so years helping out George the book dealer from NH. He originally set up 10 tables, but when the MA promoter increased the table prices, he cut back to 7. Selling books is an expensive endeavor to begin with but having show costs increased doesn't help. Unfortunately, George has passed away. Now there is no book dealer carrying on. I haven't even seen a book dealer in the PA shows which I went to before COVID. I know the internet makes it "easy" to find certain information but those of us who still collect and use those interesting pieces of ink and paper would prefer to use books instead of damaging our vision with computer screens (what am I doing now?) I like to say, I'm a "book whore!" I have more books than guns. They cost less and typically they are shareable. For those of you who are "trapped" in PRM. I can only say make your escape plans soon, because it's only getting worse.

Many fewer tables; increased admission price. Shrinkflation + Inflation.

I have an interesting talk with the guy at the Starrett table. They were exhibiting product, not selling as far as I could tell. He showed my how their force meter is used to generate those cool trigger pull graphs you see in the gun rags. Now it gets interesting.....

He stated that Ruger generates a trigger pull graph of every gun sold and keeps in on file. If a gun is found with an obliterated serial number, the police agency can have Ruger re-generate the graph on the instrumentation, compare that the graphs on file, and match it to the individual gun.

There was the typical "with all these people here some sucker will pay what I ask" pricing. The going rate for old 30 round AR mags was about $50 (sitting, not selling); Glock pre-bans frm $100 to $125, and ancient surplus 7.62x39 ammo at 75 cents around - and that was by the case pricing.
That's hilarious. Because trigger feel doesn't/can't change. It's not like people who don't even really shoot decide to attack their trigger components with polishing compound. Let alone the idea of replacing one's trigger...

But I bet it's a cool instrument to have on hand. I'm sure I could find uses.

Back
Top Bottom