Marlboro Show - Jan 24 & 25

Forgot to show my haul. Cheapest show for me in ages thanks to some good friends.

Is that an Aimpoint on an Arsenal mount ?

I wanted to buy a case of that Danish x39 because I have never seen it before,go good in the collection.

I finally found the elusive ZT 0562CF,first time I bought anything at a gunshow in years.All I go to shows now is to check out upper end knives,so this show was a success for me.Been looking for this knife for 5 months.

Last edited:
another nice thing, there was a local guy with a whole lot of kits, various kits, AK, RPK, UMP 45. CETME and several FAL kits, several pistols. You should check them him out.

How much were the preban 30 round mags? Did they have external dates? Magpul followers?

Chris

The rebuilt 30's (permaslik'd to like new cosmetics/green or black followers/Labelle and Sanchez floorplates) were $30. $35 for the Colt NOS, Cage code stamped inside mag indicating 70's production--I didn't get a price on the Magpul follower mags.

You'd pay maybe $5 less for the 20% finish beater mags--I'd say the guy was a decent value.

ETA: Nice use of post 223 (lol).

Last edited:
Only if I can go as Alice Cooper from the Greatest Hits/Lace and Whiskey era.
As long as you put on a Fedora! Your alias will be "Maurice Escargot" as a tribute to Alice.

0.jpg

Last edited:
Which trauma and surgical kits did you buy? I saw a display of them at the last West Springfield show but hesitated on buying any because I had no idea if they were any good or not.

I got there about 2:30, there were more people than I expected, but the crowd was light. I bumped into Matt from the Armory then we bumped into SKS Ray. I spent half the time hanging around the Armory tables. I bought some trauma and surgical kits and some pre-ban rebuilt AR Mags. The guy does a nice job rebuilding them with the Magpul followers. I also bought 1,000 rounds or Tula 7.62 x 39 for $240.00 from Chris the NY ammo guy, only he wasn't there. His people said he had a contract to plow this year and he couldn't get out of it. All in all, not a bad show.

another nice thing, there was a local guy with a whole lot of kits, various kits, AK, RPK, UMP 45. CETME and several FAL kits,

I wish I had known you were there I would have liked to hook up.

He had one of the Imbel kits from the old Dan's ammo lot. If anybody is looking to build a metric FAL these kits are primo. They are old school with the original barrels with the torch cut stub of the receiver still on it.

I bought several of these kits way back when at $179, sadly they are $400 today. Still a sweet kit though.

I'm headed down there this Morn. . Whats the story on the Ear Plugs near the Beef Jerky Guy .? I never hang around that area because of my " Beef Jerky Phobia" as it might pull my Choppa's out ( Ha Ha. ) but true. Can anyone elaborate on the Plugs as they sound Good ?, Thanks, B.

The rebuilt 30's (permaslik'd to like new cosmetics/green or black followers/Labelle and Sanchez floorplates) were $30. $35 for the Colt NOS, Cage code stamped inside mag indicating 70's production--I didn't get a price on the Magpul follower mags.

You'd pay maybe $5 less for the 20% finish beater mags--I'd say the guy was a decent value.

ETA: Nice use of post 223 (lol).

Why pay $30-35 for used preban refurbed mags when with a little searching you can find unused preban new old stock still in packaging for $25 and buy them from the comfort of your own home?

I'm headed down there this Morn. . Whats the story on the Ear Plugs near the Beef Jerky Guy .? I never hang around that area because of my " Beef Jerky Phobia" as it might pull my Choppa's out ( Ha Ha. ) but true. Can anyone elaborate on the Plugs as they sound Good ?, Thanks, B.

The ear plug guy is worth it. I got a set made from him 2 years ago and they are great. He takes molds of your ears, then you'll receive them in mail about a week later

Decent show, great selection of reloading components but the prices were high. Multiple guys had powder, projectiles, brass and primers. It was nice to see a new selection of dealers, the aforementioned parts kit guy and a few others I had not seen before. Enough components to actually build an AR at the show as well.

Saw a few Keltec KSGs, but nothing exciting like a S&W 929. I left with some UZI mags and a Ruger 10/22 mag.

Chriw

Why pay $30-35 for used preban refurbed mags when with a little searching you can find unused preban new old stock still in packaging for $25 and buy them from the comfort of your own home?

Because you're buying mags at a gunshow.

Which I suppose begs the question "why go to gun shows"--but hey, this is a thread about going to a gunshow...right?

Personally my buy price for pre-ban mags is $15--but hey, some guys want to have it in their hand before handing over the cash.

Most prices were sky high as usual. Trail Boss powder $30.00 and that is not even a pound. Most primers $38-$42. Run of the mill type Yugo Mausers $350-$400.

$15 genuine glock magazines!!! I grabbed a few. Also found a Dillon d-terminator scale for short money.
There was a complete AR lower for only $149. I didn't need it but that's not bad

Not a bad show. Picked up a few things. Crowd was fairly light. Not too much BO. It was getting warm in there until the AC kicked on. I thought prices were better than past shows but the 22lr was still ridiculous. A female working one of the vendor tables put on quite the cleavage show. There was no shortage of gawkers (myself included).

Cause people be lazy, it's that simple. There's a shoe for every foot.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom