• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro Show September 24th & 25th

Yes, I did. You convinced me and I bought one of the Saiga .308s from B&K (Bamp). Helluva good deal from a great guy. Still has one left for sale tomorrow. Thanks Ray!

Great score Len! Its the easiest to convert to pistol grip config by far out of them all. If you want info on what parts to get that make it work, PM me and I'll send you the direct links I used.

the best deal on a 16" Saiga .308 at $450!![shocked]
Please tell me someone bought it because its $100 less than what I paid for mine a few months ago and I scored a fair deal by today's Saiga standards.

SONOFABITCH! I would have picked that up if I were there. I even asked you about those showing up at the shows not to long ago. God I hate my job right now. [angry]

I knew I shouldn't have looked into this thread.

ETA; at least it went to a good guy. [wink]

Thanks Ray. It'll be a while before I make any decisions on whether to convert it or keep as-is. If I decide to go the conversion route, I"ll get in touch for details.

SONOFABITCH! I would have picked that up if I were there. I even asked you about those showing up at the shows not to long ago. God I hate my job right now. [angry]

I knew I shouldn't have looked into this thread.

First one I've seen at a show in ages Ed, Just like the first Izzy SKS.

The September Marlboro show is always the best for finding out what vendors have acquired over the long stretch of no MA gun shows during the summer months.

Is it worth going to on Sunday, or is it picked pretty clean w/less vendors? Never been to a show, so it would largely be for the sheer joy of walking around and seeing nothing but guns.

Longest line ever.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

It's because they know Mike will be there and will be soiling themselves and tossing it like the zoo monkeys.

My theory is that the stinkers plan to have the tables to themselves since no one can stand near them without wretching.

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

I got in to the show on Friday nite with the help of a dealer friend and scored a late war Walther PPK for a good price. I looked for some Privi ammo in .32 which i usually get for around $11 or $12 a box,, inflation struck hard as its now $16 a box!! Congrats ammo dealers, you still own it as i refuse to bend over that far for it. Bought a pistol hardcase for $2, and a soft case for $5.
And there were a few folks there that didnt get the memo about pre show showers!! 2 in particular were very ripe! Fortunately that didnt linger at the table. All in all a decent show. JT

It's because they know Mike will be there and will be soiling themselves and tossing it like the zoo monkeys.

My theory is that the stinkers plan to have the tables to themselves since no one can stand near them without wretching.

Surprisingly I didn't detect much odor in there. Either my PSA worked, or more likely, the stinkers showed up after we left around noontime. Atilla did report getting "hit" in the leg with some sort of substance, although whatever it was, was apparently odorless.

-Mike

Surprisingly I didn't detect much odor in there. Either my PSA worked, or more likely, the stinkers showed up after we left around noontime. Atilla did report getting "hit" in the leg with some sort of substance, although whatever it was, was apparently odorless.

-Mike
I was there after, around 2 no stinkers. i will be back in the AM

-Mike

There were a few drips going on, either the ac or the plaza needs a new roof. Got hit on my arm with water from the cieling towards the left side, overheard one dealer saying water was pretty much pouring down on another dealer when they were setting up [laugh]

Is it even worth going Sun? Looking for maybe a box or two of ammo and preban AR mags. Anyone there with lasers? Looking for something for an AR with a pressure switch.

1943 Izhevsk and 44 Tula M44s have been at around $200 for about 5 years now. Not saying the M44 the OP saw was worth $225. It could have been a rairity, could have been a run of the mill laminate refurb. I saw a few different variants there tioday and didn't really check any out. Some were Polish and those always get at least $300 for mint condition models.

What amazes me is that since M38s have dried up completely, people are able to get serious $$ for them. Around 7 years ago when I got one for $39 from a distributor, I wish I'd have gotten a dozen because now $239 is a good deal.

i'm going there sunday, MisterHappyJunior wants to get ammo for his Type 99 Arisaka, and a bayonet...

Old school, huh? [laugh]

In my experience, if you're a "bottom feeder" (like me) you can get a few scores, but caveat emptor is the rule. Know what you're looking for, and what the "real world" price is.

Your best chance is to find someone that would rather sell than pack up. ALso, if you get there much past 11, you'll miss stuff, as many vendors begin to pack up around noon.

good hunting

BMW shirt with the M3 GTR on the front and the 1975 batmobile CSL on the back?

It was a black tshirt, dont remember what was on it, think you were with an older guy.

1943 Izhevsk and 44 Tula M44s have been at around $200 for about 5 years now. Not saying the M44 the OP saw was worth $225. It could have been a rairity, could have been a run of the mill laminate refurb. I saw a few different variants there tioday and didn't really check any out. Some were Polish and those always get at least $300 for mint condition models.

What amazes me is that since M38s have dried up completely, people are able to get serious $$ for them. Around 7 years ago when I got one for $39 from a distributor, I wish I'd have gotten a dozen because now $239 is a good deal.

It looked to be in good shape, 1943 if I recall, I dont know much about them but it looked like it would be a nice addition to the collection.

i'm going there sunday, MisterHappyJunior wants to get ammo for his Type 99 Arisaka, and a bayonet...

Old school, huh? [laugh]

Check a small vendor set up near the end of the hall where the guy with a wall full of AR parts sets up. I saw a guy there today selling Japanese marked ammo in original boxes. Might have been down the same aisle as the GOAL table.

It was a black tshirt, dont remember what was on it, think you were with an older guy.

It looked to be in good shape, 1943 if I recall, I dont know much about them but it looked like it would be a nice addition to the collection.
Yea that was my dad i bet, and i saw that rifle too it was a 43 and very nice. The same guy had a mosin sniper with scope for 500. Not sure if it was real or not though. I have never seen a real one in person

Last edited:
Went at opening saturday morning and left happy! a nice amount of ammo, and a matched Mosin Nagant 91/30 with no import marks, oh yeah, got some beef jerky(teriyake) as well! all and all a good trip!

Back
Top Bottom