• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro Show September 24th & 25th

FWIW, I went yesterday I just want to say that for some reason I think this show was better than it had been in the last 2 years or so. I only bought some small things, but every dealer was willing to work with me on the price. One of my friends that came with me bought one of those hand made knifes with the bone handle, and the ol'man knocked 25% of the price. The only guy I didn't try to haggle with was the Jerky guy..... he's usually the main reason why I go anyway. Fot the record, this was the fist show I went to with multiple people with me, and we all bought something. Like I have said so many times before, I am used to showing up and leaving with nothing but jerky.

I picked up an ambi safety and A1 flash hider for an AR and then scored an upper and lower vise block set for $45. There was some good deal on ammo depending what you are looking for. Some of the prices were comparable to what I am paying for online.

I ran into a ton of people I haven't seen in a while. From old customers when I was at the gunshop, to NES'rs that have been around from day one.

did anyone see ak building tools?

what are you looking for? AK stuff aside from mags was kind of in short supply.

and yeah, B.O. wasn't too bad but i did get slimed by someone/something. not too happy about that. noticed up at tobacco haven chilling with mike and a cigar and was like "wtf is this? i got a snail trail on my pant leg at the show!"

Picked up a green laser and a tac latch. Ammo selection was meh. Lots of old stuff that I'm not into. Worse ways to spend a Sunday.

Good show with some incredible deals to be had for those who know what they're looking for.

I picked up a 54' Izzy SKS for a more than fair price, sold my Norinco Hunter for what I wanted, got a great deal on a case of .204 Ruger ammo, and saw the best deal on a 16" Saiga .308 at $450!![shocked]
Please tell me someone bought it because its $100 less than what I paid for mine a few months ago and I scored a fair deal by today's Saiga standards.

Some other good deals I spotted were a Ljungman for $600 and change and a mint MAS 49/56 sniper with all the goods for a very fair price. I also spotted a few oddball Mosins and Mauser types for good deals as well. Too many to remember but like I said... if you know what you're looking for you could have scored today.

Ammo prices were fair/good as well with some decent deals on .308 and .223 but you have to check every table and ask if they have cases.[wink]

All in all probably one of the better Marlboro shows I've been to.

Thanks for the help setting up Ray.

So anyone know what the deal was with what looked like polymer mags for the AR? Were they pinned? I was tempted but not worth it.

So anyone know what the deal was with what looked like polymer mags for the AR? Were they pinned? I was tempted but not worth it.

Again, there are many post ban magazines out there. It is up to the buyer to make sure that they are in compliance with their local, and state laws. There are also people who go to these shows from NH and RI where these a perfectly legal.

This was my first Saturday gun show other than Wilmington. I work Saturdays so it's always tough for me to make the Marlboro/Fitchburg shows. Got there about 2:30 and went to the GOAL table 1st to see LenS & the Mrs. Bought my Mrs. a new GOAL hat since I got grease on her other one. I didn't see any other NES'ers but I was really trying to stay focused given my time constraint.
I was looking for non-metric FAL mags, a leather mag pouch for G36 and a small of the back G30 holster. I didn't lollygag at any one table, made sure I saw everything I wanted to and spent a little time speaking with some of the vendors that I knew. Then I went back through to make my purchases. No luck on my list but I bought some books, a knife sharpener, hats & tee shirts, an Olight T20 flashlight and a big knife for the Mrs. She love's it, says it'll be great for chicken & goat bones.
It was 4:30 and I went over to the Body Armor table as I was on my way out. Vest's have been on our list for years but we've never had much luck at gun shows & Army-Navy stores. Wrong sizes, no plates etc. The couple selling the vests were Jill & Norm. They had a great selection, seemed reasonably priced, and I was able to outfit my entire family. They only sell at gun shows. Their web site ; http://bulletproofvestusa.com/
If this had been a Sunday, they would've packed up and gone like many vendors do. That's why I prefer Saturdays.

Saw a couple 33rd mags over by the GOAL table, didn't see the price.
$100.00 a piece and they had the Glock logo at the bottom, they looked awfully new though, that guy always seems kinda sketchy.

Im looking for g17 mags:)
PM me with how many you are looking for and what you think is a fair price. I've been thinking of selling off all my 9mm as I really only carry and shoot my 45 ACP. I have a G26, G19, Keltec Sub 2000 and a G17 (my first handgun) with tons of mags etc.

Glad to help.

With this show being a good one for merchandise and most prices, I hope the dealers at least made out well and didn't get f'ed too hard by the fees they were charged.

The promoter is a simply a rip off. $50 for an unsecured internet connection and $50 to plug into an wall outlet for electricity. They are getting so greedy it makes dealers go up on prices. The tables have gone up two years in a row and now this.

Also if anyone can find an all matching M44 for under $200 your just plain lucky.

I found it interesting that that folks went on an on about folks not bathing and smelling bad. Well here a news flash for all you "beef jerky lovers" you start chowing down on that stuff like you haven't eaten in three days and stand a six inches away from me asking me a question and guess what.......you stick. That stuff is foul smelling. So do the guys who have to work there a favor. Eat that crap at home or in the car, your breath could melt steel[laugh][laugh] Also I remember the Marlboro show when we opened on Sunday and the flies were feasting on the uncovered stuff..YUM, I sure would go to a gun show just for that.

Thanks to 45 Collectors buddy for helping out with the computer, also Boris please PM me I have something for you. Thanks to all the NES folks who stopped by to say Hi and for those who actually bought something from any of the dealers set up at the show. Its a great deal of work and most of us are small time shops. I had a couple folks that would be looking at a firearm and say " I can buy that at four seasons for........my answer, go buy it then. There answer ,I don't want to drive there I am already here so can you give it to me for their price. Sure, I will, making 15 bucks is what its all about. DOLT. Four seasons buys in bulk and gets far better prices than the smaller guys. Its true in all retail. So for all of you who want to haggle that's great but please don't tell me you can get it at some gun store for less. Also if folks are looking for something I don't have and I know of another dealer who has it for a decent price I always direct them to that dealer. Its just a my way of helping out a fellow gun owner.

All in all, except for the for fire breathing jerky eating hordes, it was a good show. And guess what.........I did not buy anything, not even a piece of beef jerky[puke]

Last edited:
One of the highlights of the show for me:

Guy asking Fred: "This boresnake is marked $19, will you take $18?"

Fred, ready to shoot the laptop looks up, shakes his head in disgust and replies "No"

Guy says "I can get them for $18 anywhere else"

Fred, now ready to shoot the guy holding the boresnake says "Then go buy it somewhere else"

I was ready to give the guy 4 quarters but I figured the whole haggling over $1 and watching it all unfold was worth more than that.[laugh]

I love going to these shows. I was looking for some 5.45 AK mags and saw some at a guys table. The guy wants $25 each the mags are in just ok shape. I ask if hell come down in price? The guy goes on and on about how hard these are to get etc etc etc. I walk two tables down and end up getting 4 mags for 15 each, originally the guy wanted 20 each but worked with me since I had cash and was buying more then 1. I then walked back to the first guy carrying my four mags and let him know how hard these were to find, the guy was pissed

Had a good time at the show today, met up with some friends, got some good jerky and came away with a nice find for my collection a 1944 M39 at less than asking price. The vendor even gave me some ammo for it. Sweet deal.

Fred, ready to shoot the laptop looks up, shakes his head in disgust and replies "No"

Fred, now ready to shoot the guy holding the boresnake says "Then go buy it somewhere else"

I was ready to give the guy 4 quarters but I figured the whole haggling over $1 and watching it all unfold was worth more than that.[laugh]

Lol I cant say I havnt done the same thing because I have, not so much that I cant get them elsewhere for that price but that was all I had left in my pocket for cash [laugh]

Had a good time at the show today, met up with some friends, got some good jerky and came away with a nice find for my collection a 1944 M39 at less than asking price. The vendor even gave me some ammo for it. Sweet deal.

Nice find!

what are you looking for? AK stuff aside from mags was kind of in short supply.

and yeah, B.O. wasn't too bad but i did get slimed by someone/something. not too happy about that. noticed up at tobacco haven chilling with mike and a cigar and was like "wtf is this? i got a snail trail on my pant leg at the show!"
I was looking for anything really. I have a few easier ways to fix that Hungarian i picked up but i want to do it the hard way and take the whole damn thing apart lol Actually if i can find a trigger riveting fixture for less than 65 i think i will be happy

Well Who pissed in your cherrios Mr 50 BMG?

Don't even go there. Fred has the patience of a saint. I witnessed first hand the trouble he was having with the laptop and the MIRCS system. I would have taken that computer and smashed the hell out of it long before Fred even got visibly frustrated yesterday. (I'm glad my bud was able to straighten it out for you though Fred!) Compound that with all the idiotic questions from random gunshow-goers, the inflated fees the dealers must pay, the fact that from 9 to end of day he barely has the chance to relax for a sec, get a bite or a drink of water, take a leak or just walk around and browse... I set up at gun shows with my father for years, since I was 6 yrs old, and it's exhausting most times. The whole time you're praying people buy up all the heavy stuff so the job of lugging everything back into the truck/ trailer is made easier.

I walked out happy yesterday. I bought a couple inexpensive mouse guns (although, the single shot .410/ .45LC Derringer-type piece is not really a mouse gun. And yes Fred, I fired the 000 Buck rounds through it after the show, and my hands are still intact. It's a solid little gun and I can't wait to feel the pain of putting a few .45LC rounds through it. ;)

I was looking for anything really. I have a few easier ways to fix that Hungarian i picked up but i want to do it the hard way and take the whole damn thing apart lol Actually if i can find a trigger riveting fixture for less than 65 i think i will be happy

have you hit up AK-builder?

not nearly as good as the table i was at with the RIA 1911 when the dude standing next to me was trying to get them to agree to let his buddy make a straw purchase for him. i guess he couldn't own toy X (forget what it was) or there was a hold on the transaction so he was arguing with them saying "just sell it to my buddy and he'll transfer it to me!" no matter how many times they said it he just didn't understand that he was asking them to allow a straw purchase. i could see everyone immediatly clench the chocolate starfish when he started going there.

I did VERY well at this show, and scratched two firearms off the short list that I've been looking for, for quite some time.

yeah you did, dude. thanks for letting us gather around for a bit of meat gazing at fred's table. [laugh]

The promoter is a simply a rip off. $50 for an unsecured internet connection and $50 to plug into an wall outlet for electricity. They are getting so greedy it makes dealers go up on prices. The tables have gone up two years in a row and now this.

oh god i ate the jerky, too. after we stopped by your table... but the flies, ughhh. [puke]

anyway, have you ever considered a wireless broadband card? you may not have the greatest speed in the world but you will not be sharing your connection with everyone in there and you can get add-ons for browsers forcing HTTPS connections, etc. it may be worth it so you know that even when outrageous rates are being charged or if you're in the middle of nowhere you may actually be able to have service.

I used to love it when people would say "i can get this at X-store for $cheaper" and i'd say "then go to X-store and get it"
"well, they're out of stock so i came here"
"ahhh... Well when I'M out of stock, i sell it cheaper than THEY do"

Sometimes i miss retail.... Then the medication kicks in :)

From my HTC EVO via Tapatalk

I love going to these shows. I was looking for some 5.45 AK mags and saw some at a guys table. The guy wants $25 each the mags are in just ok shape. I ask if hell come down in price? The guy goes on and on about how hard these are to get etc etc etc. I walk two tables down and end up getting 4 mags for 15 each, originally the guy wanted 20 each but worked with me since I had cash and was buying more then 1. I then walked back to the first guy carrying my four mags and let him know how hard these were to find, the guy was pissed

And you did that because you 1. you wanted the guy to come over the table at you for being a pain , 2. just like to piss people off, 3. dont visit gunbroker where they get as much as 35 bucks a piece. If you can find something cheaper that's great. Throwing it in the face of someone else is just lame. IMO. You must be a rookie at the gunshow scene. You will always find some folks with mags with a wide range of prices. So if the guy you bought them for marked them at 20 and the other guy had them for 25 you think 5 bucks is a big profit? You can buy pre ban for far less. But there are not legal.

I had mags marked Bulgarian but were painted black. Strip the paint off and they are original Russian mags. with all the markings. I could sell them on GB for 45 bucks in a heart beat. but I keep them at 25 for my friends here on NES who are into AK original parts. So you saved a few bucks but I would give you a friendly tip. Check closely at what you are looking at. Ask SKS Ray. he has found treasures buried under a coat of paint. Or maybe pick up a pristine Izzy as SKS Ray did.

Oh by the way Ray. I have that dealers badge for you. You better keep that. It brought you luck. Maybe you will find an East German at the next show if you hang onto it as a lucky charm.

Last edited:
Don't even go there. Fred has the patience of a saint. I witnessed first hand the trouble he was having with the laptop and the MIRCS system. I would have taken that computer and smashed the hell out of it long before Fred even got visibly frustrated yesterday. (I'm glad my bud was able to straighten it out for you though Fred!) Compound that with all the idiotic questions from random gunshow-goers, the inflated fees the dealers must pay, the fact that from 9 to end of day he barely has the chance to relax for a sec, get a bite or a drink of water, take a leak or just walk around and browse... I set up at gun shows with my father for years, since I was 6 yrs old, and it's exhausting most times. The whole time you're praying people buy up all the heavy stuff so the job of lugging everything back into the truck/ trailer is made easier.

I walked out happy yesterday. I bought a couple inexpensive mouse guns (although, the single shot .410/ .45LC Derringer-type piece is not really a mouse gun. And yes Fred, I fired the 000 Buck rounds through it after the show, and my hands are still intact. It's a solid little gun and I can't wait to feel the pain of putting a few .45LC rounds through it. ;)

John you scored big time yesterday. First the North American, then the 410/45LC. Then the CZ mags we both fought so hard to get. Once we set our minds on finding something it will get done. Also please thank your buddy, sorry getting old, 58 in Oct, and names are getting harder to remember. But he fixed my lap top and it worked great afterwards. I gave him $40 bucks for his time and offered him ammo as well but he is waiting on his LTC so he passed on the ammo. If you talk to him please have him call my cell, I need some computer work done on my home computer and would happily have him as a guest at Holbrook and he can shoot ANYTHING I have in my collection.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom