Marlboro Show September 24th & 25th

Well Who pissed in your cherrios Mr 50 BMG?

Th jerk offs who walk around the show with no intention of buying anything but find fault with the small business man trying to make a living at gunshows in the Northeast. And just for clarification, I dont eat Cheerios[smile]

anyway, have you ever considered a wireless broadband card? you may not have the greatest speed in the world but you will not be sharing your connection with everyone in there and you can get add-ons for browsers forcing HTTPS connections, etc. it may be worth it so you know that even when outrageous rates are being charged or if you're in the middle of nowhere you may actually be able to have service.

Fred - definitely check these out. It's what qmmo uses, and it works slick! He just plugs in a mini scanner about the size of a postage stamp into his smart phone, slides the card through, and has the customer scribble a signature. Presto!

Trying to save you guys some money so you can buy more guns.

Fred - definitely check these out. It's what qmmo uses, and it works slick! He just plugs in a mini scanner about the size of a postage stamp into his smart phone, slides the card through, and has the customer scribble a signature. Presto!

Thanks buddy, we just ordered a Broadband air card from Verizon. This was the first show that the promoter gouged us. Well on that anyway. $50 bucks to plug into a wall outlet...what the hell. We have a handheld credit card machine which works via a wireless net work which is great. Thanks for the tip.
Great seeing you the other day. Also planning a trip to Finland? If so how about a M39 or M27 bayonet makes its way into your baggage.

https://squareup.com/

Works great and the scanner is free.

Good show.. I didn't buy any irons though.. I almost grabbed a VERY nice mid-late 1940's Marlin .22 lever though.. From the 'gun parts' guy in Springfield.. I also picked a few folks' brains about collectable WWII era 1911s. I walked out with a nice IWB holster for the Glock 27 that i bought at last year's marborough show..
In hindsight.. I should've sprung for that Marlin..

Pretty good show for me. I was there most of the day on Sunday with Shadyduk and I enjoyed myself. I didn't buy as much as usual (I was shocked at my will power), but I did score a pretty nice S&W model 18 from 1958 (one year away from being a pre-model, dammit). It was the only 18 I saw in the entire place and the price was good enough. I'm actually really psyched I found it. Other than that I scored a couple of IBM carbine parts from John from Valley Ordinance (the guy with all the Garand & Carbine parts in tackle boxes). I paid too much for them, but John is a good and honest guy and I can always be confident that his stuff is legit.

Other than that I bought a few mags and grips for different firearms, a really nice American Flag from WWII, and various odds and ends. Fred told me where to find some specific mags I was looking for, which cut down on my wasted wondering (Thank you Fred!!). The prices for the most part were within a reasonable range.

Saw some friends and made a few new ones.

Walked around to look for something of interest. Saw a ton of humped m1 carbines, with 2-3 good looking solid unfooled with ones. Over all didn't see anything that peeked my interest in terms of milsurp.

Only thing i found, that i liked was an original civilwar nco sword, but seller wanted $200 more than it was worth.

Last edited:
I don't think it is random. I am pretty sure it's anyone with a visible gun or with a container capable of holding a gun.

He wasn't there when I went in, but he was when I was leaving. When I walked in the older gentleman asked if I had any guns to check. I wasn't carrying anything in my hands other than the ticket, but he was friendly. So I checked one of them.

He wasn't there when I went in, but he was when I was leaving. When I walked in the older gentleman asked if I had any guns to check. I wasn't carrying anything in my hands other than the ticket, but he was friendly. So I checked one of them.

Just one?

Mad Max checking into bartertown comes to mind [smile]

no great deals for me. got some cleaning supplies, preban mags and misc ar stuff. i couldnt believe ammo prices. higher than most locals and big box. it blows me away what they try & get for ammo! $7.99/box for wolf 55gr 5.56?!? accessories were reallyhigh too. i try & support local people as much as possible but some booths were trying to get way over list price for things. dont these people know we have google? crazy.

on a better note: took step son(15) to his 1st show and he enjoyed it. he didnt want to go (rather sit on ass & play vid games) but i made him come out. both of us were glad he did and i think it may have motivated him to try shooting. both my boys (13&15) have no interest in guns/shooting. they have handled everything from my revolvers to ar's and even have some nice 30-06 rifles that will be their own but they just arent interested... maybe walking around the show will get the ball rollin. maybe ill take em both to bigE show if nothings goin on. good excuse for lunch at hooters too

Back
Top Bottom